+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

AD1298

Oct 16, 2022
Hello Everyone,

For the CSQ application (which I submitted and still waiting to hear back from the Ministry), my documents were translated by A translator who is a member of a professional order as mentioned on the website:
If you will have your documents translated outside of Québec or Canada, only translations by the following will be accepted:
A translator who is a member of a professional order or authorized to act as such;

However, for the Federal part (in case my CSQ application gets approved), the Form Imm5690e (Documents Checklist - Permanent Residence - Provincial Nominee Class and Quebec Skilled Workers), mentions that in case the document is not in English or French, you must send it with:
  • the English or French translation and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document

I asked the translator in my hometown, who happens to be an accredited translator - but outside Canada, about the affidavit (which we did not provide for the CSQ Application); she mentioned that she's not familiar with such a request/document.

Have someone been in the same situation? if so, how did you manage to provide the affidavit? and it would be amazing if you can share with me a copy of it so I can ask the translator about the possibility to provide a similar one.
Hi,
I really like your precision.
I had the same question when I was submitting my PR application.
I ended up consulting with some of my friends who had been PR at the time. They told me as long as the translation was done by an accredited translator, it would be fine, just like when you applied to study/work in Canada from your home country.
I do not insist that you do the same thing, but I think proceeding with accredited translations will be okay.

SD_1987

Mar 9, 2023
Hi,
I really like your precision.
I had the same question when I was submitting my PR application.
I ended up consulting with some of my friends who had been PR at the time. They told me as long as the translation was done by an accredited translator, it would be fine, just like when you applied to study/work in Canada from your home country.
I do not insist that you do the same thing, but I think proceeding with accredited translations will be okay.
Thank you, @AD1298, for your reply!
I will take your feedback into consideration, and I hope someone else who has been in the same situation (preferably a recent one) gets back to us with a solid information.

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
You have to reside in Quebec as that is what you show as an intent to reside in Quebec while filing PR application.
This is incorrect. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.

Intention is just intention. There are many valid reasons because of which you might have to change your plans and go settle in another province and that's completely fine. However, you should be prepared to justify those reasons if IRCC accuses you of misrepresentation in your PR application (that you never intended to settle in Quebec).

In my opinion, the onus would be on IRCC to justify (beyond a reasonable doubt?) that you never had any intentions to settle in Quebec so unless you admitted to it on your own verbally or in some written form, it would be very difficult for IRCC to do it.

A related thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/leaving-quebec-right-after-pr-under-qsw.484008/

samanthwal

Apr 2, 2023
This is incorrect. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.

Intention is just intention. There are many valid reasons because of which you might have to change your plans and go settle in another province and that's completely fine. However, you should be prepared to justify those reasons if IRCC accuses you of misrepresentation in your PR application (that you never intended to settle in Quebec).

In my opinion, the onus would be on IRCC to justify (beyond a reasonable doubt?) that you never had any intentions to settle in Quebec so unless you admitted to it on your own verbally or in some written form, it would be very difficult for IRCC to do it.

A related thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/leaving-quebec-right-after-pr-under-qsw.484008/
This is very much true with any other PNP application, as long as people are able to justify their changed intentions it is okay , but then it is completely on the officer and the way you are justifying the intentions.

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
This is very much true with any other PNP application, as long as people are able to justify their changed intentions it is okay , but then it is completely on the officer and the way you are justifying the intentions.
I disagree. Unlike immigration applications where the officer has full authority to approve or reject the application if they are not completely satisfied (especially so in a temporary immigration one), this would be more of a legal case where the onus would be on the officer to prove that there is indeed a misrepresentation. For example, the documents you submitted during your application (such as a job (offer) in Quebec) should be enough to justify that you initially intended to settle in Quebec and another job offer outside Quebec with better salary/benefits should be enough to justify your change of plans.

On the practical side, I have not seen a single post on this forum where they ran into this issue. In fact, IRCC posted statistics of interprovincial mobility which shows thousands of people from different PR programs move from one province to another including out migration from Quebec: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/research/interprovincial-mobility-retention-inflow-landings-2008-2013.html

All this to say if you actually did not misrepresent in your application, you shouldn't be worried if you decide to leave Quebec.

samanthwal

Apr 2, 2023
I agree and disagree with whatever you have said.
If changing intentions is not a big deal then why would they ask you to sign IMM form to sign your intent to reside?
As an applicant if you don't want to fall under any form of issues which i agree may or may not happen then it is always safe to pass your days and then move unless you have very compelling or convincing reasons to move out.

SD_1987

Mar 9, 2023
Hello Everyone,

For the CSQ application (which I submitted and still waiting to hear back from the Ministry), my documents were translated by A translator who is a member of a professional order as mentioned on the website:
If you will have your documents translated outside of Québec or Canada, only translations by the following will be accepted:
A translator who is a member of a professional order or authorized to act as such;

However, for the Federal part (in case my CSQ application gets approved), the Form Imm5690e (Documents Checklist - Permanent Residence - Provincial Nominee Class and Quebec Skilled Workers), mentions that in case the document is not in English or French, you must send it with:
  • the English or French translation and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document

I asked the translator in my hometown, who happens to be an accredited translator - but outside Canada, about the affidavit (which we did not provide for the CSQ Application); she mentioned that she's not familiar with such a request/document.

Have someone been in the same situation? if so, how did you manage to provide the affidavit? and it would be amazing if you can share with me a copy of it so I can ask the translator about the possibility to provide a similar one.
Have someone been in the same situation? I would greatly appreciate a feedback!

samanthwal

Apr 2, 2023
Have someone been in the same situation? I would greatly appreciate a feedback!
Hello when I had to go through this process , but in my case there was only a certificate which needs to be translated.
So, what I did is that I got the translation and at the same time had notorized it from my home country as sending notorized documents is preferred by them for CSQ for faster processing and this is mentioned at thier portal.

If you don't have a document which they are asking for mostly is the case with Birth certificate then signing an Affidavit at any Montreal notary would do the Job.

SD_1987

Mar 9, 2023
Thank you @samathwal
The documents that need to be translated are the Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate.
This is for the Federal Part / PR Application (not Quebec's CSQ).

Abotreika

Nov 4, 2021
Thanks a lot for the discussion regarding residing outside Quebec. I'm now a bit confused. I can't find a job in Quebec, but I found outside. Should I accept it or I wait. If I accepted, does the time I spend outside Quebec counts for the citizenship? and if I want to sponsor a family member after that move, should I apply for a CSQ or I go to a federal application directly? I know it's a very complicated situation and I really don't know what to do!

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Thanks a lot for the discussion regarding residing outside Quebec. I'm now a bit confused. I can't find a job in Quebec, but I found outside. Should I accept it or I wait. If I accepted, does the time I spend outside Quebec counts for the citizenship? and if I want to sponsor a family member after that move, should I apply for a CSQ or I go to a federal application directly? I know it's a very complicated situation and I really don't know what to do!
If you want to move outside Quebec because you are not able to find a job in Quebec and found one outside, that seems like a valid enough reason to move. To be safe, I would suggest keeping a proof of documents that you applied to various jobs in Quebec and were not accepted for any, in case IRCC asks you to justify your initial intention to settle in Quebec / the reason for your move. There is no reason to wait -- if you decide to wait, how long would you wait? There are no rules about staying x months/years in Quebec after getting PR before you're okay to leave.

For your citizenship application, the time you reside in Quebec is treated the same as any other province in Canada. The citizenship application has nothing to do with residency inside/outside Quebec.

Regarding sponsorship, somebody else might provide a better answer since I have not done this myself, but, I think, you needing a CSQ would depend entirely on where you are living at that time and are bringing your family to. So, before your move out of Quebec, you would need a CSQ; after your move, you wouldn't.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. Good luck!

Reactions: Abotreika

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
If changing intentions is not a big deal then why would they ask you to sign IMM form to sign your intent to reside?
So that people who have no intention to settle in Quebec are not able to apply without misrepresentation.
As an applicant if you don't want to fall under any form of issues which i agree may or may not happen then it is always safe to pass your days and then move unless you have very compelling or convincing reasons to move out.
But, how many days do you think one should pass? Till you receive citizenship? What about someone who doesn't plan to obtain citizenship? May I ask what is your basis / any sources behind this reasoning?

I agree that people who want to live extremely risk free should avoid moving but I don't agree with the practice where "guidelines" to live risk-free are presented as rules you shouldn't break. People's lives are difficult as they are, we don't need to make them harder by adding more unnecessary restrictions.