+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

vitor-vma

Jul 11, 2022
Hello Guys, I am new to this forum. Please see my timeline from CSQ to on-going federal application below:

CSQ received: Dec 7, 2022
Federal applied (online application): Dec 21, 2022
AOR/Application number received by email: Feb 6, 2023
Linked my application to online account: Feb 8, 2023
Medical exam passed: Feb 7, 2023

(in case you might be wondering I didn't receive medical request. I had an upfront medical done for my work permit and I applied it during submitting my federal application)

I have 2 questions regarding the same:
1. I can't see my application status by CAS tool. Is it applicable for QSW applications?
2. My IRCC account still shows that my background check is still in process. I know application processing time varies case to case, but what are the usual processing times these days just to have an idea.
We're on the same boat. Keep posted.

peykaf

Jan 4, 2023
Hello! Thanks for the prompt reply, this is what I was expecting as well. What really confused me is that I received an email about permanent residence confirmation case being created in the portal, with the following text.

Which made me think that I should already be able to confirm everything in my current portal account. Is this OK part of the process or something went weird? Do I still expect another email with credentials?
Congratulations to you and all the others who have received their PR :)

Do you remember the expected processing time when you applied? I want to know how relevant is. Now it says it's 19 months, should I expect a relatively similar processing time or this is mostly for the longest cases?

Thank you!

Abotreika

Nov 4, 2021
I don't know why IRCC keeps asking me for documents I already sent before and asked me for a settlement plan that I don't almost found anyone who got asked for it. Is there an interpretation for that? and is there a way to complain the officer handling my file?

tristar123

Nov 16, 2021
Hello, need your help

I am on a work permit in Quebec and applied for PR. I paid 850$ but they sent me a message telling me I did not pay the correct fees. Can anyone help in letting me know how much I should pay ?

Tried calling immigration but no answer. The website says it is 850

Tank you in advance

Basher68

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hello, need your help

I am on a work permit in Quebec and applied for PR. I paid 850$ but they sent me a message telling me I did not pay the correct fees. Can anyone help in letting me know how much I should pay ?

Tried calling immigration but no answer. The website says it is 850

Tank you in advance
Hi, Do you mean CSQ?

I think the CSQ fees are $ 869 CAD starting January 2023.

Good luck

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi, Do you mean CSQ?

I think the CSQ fees are $ 869 CAD starting January 2023.

Good luck
That's correct. $ 869. Unless they have some dependents maybe? Please give more information @tristar123 , also if you need to give biometrics and such, or pay the right of permanent resident fee, it is also a requirement and it is better to pay it before hand.

https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/immigration-programs/regular-skilled-worker-program/applying

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=qsw

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
Hi everyone,

My family and I are currently living in Montreal on a work permit that is good through August, 2025. We are in the process of applying for permanent residency, and have already obtained the CSQ.

I have now gathered all of the documents for the PR application at the federal level. On Tuesday we're going on vacation for 10 days to Europe. Is there any reason not to submit the federal application before we leave? I know there's some kind of restriction on travel later on in the PR application process, but since we're at the beginning, will it be fine to submit and then leave for 10 days? Or is it better just to wait until we've returned?

Thanks!

PTM

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Hi everyone,

My family and I are currently living in Montreal on a work permit that is good through August, 2025. We are in the process of applying for permanent residency, and have already obtained the CSQ.

I have now gathered all of the documents for the PR application at the federal level. On Tuesday we're going on vacation for 10 days to Europe. Is there any reason not to submit the federal application before we leave? I know there's some kind of restriction on travel later on in the PR application process, but since we're at the beginning, will it be fine to submit and then leave for 10 days? Or is it better just to wait until we've returned?

Thanks!

PTM
You can apply and travel internationally without any problems. There is a time period when traveling internationally can be restrictive towards the end of the PR application process but you have control over when that time period starts (responding to portal 1 and portal 2 emails, no worries if this doesn't make sense at this point). It should take at least a few months to reach that point anyway.

Reactions: PowderedT0astMan