+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Hello, I received my CSQ and also received a PMI+ invitation letter.

I'm filling the forms and sending the documents but one of the document is employment contract and prove that I have the requirements for this contract.

I doesn't make much sense, I don't have a contract. I just want to apply for a open work permit through the PMI+ program.

The weird thing is that the form to test if I'm eligible for an open work permit ask if you have an employment contract and I answered no. Some PDF form say to skip some part if you don't have an employment contract. However, it's still marked as a required document in the list of document to provide. I'm quite confuse as what I should put for those document.

I saw a thread talking about this problem but no satisfactory answer: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/programme-de-mobilité-internationale-plus-pmi.771048/

I tried to call the MIFI and ask about that. They told me I shouldn't need an employment contract to apply, but they don't know the federal part of the process and especially not their forms. I was never able to call the IRCC to ask the question.

Is there someone here that know what to do about the required employer contract when going through PMI+ program? Thank you.
There is an official guidance on IRCC website about employment contract, CV/résumé and proof document that shows applicant meets the requirements of the job being offered.
  • For IMP+, they tell applicants to upload a blank document.
Here is the URL : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/quebec-skilled-workers/international-mobility-program-plus-csq.html

You can see it from the list given;
CV/résumé (Upload a blank document)
Employment Contract Instructions - Document: Employment Contract (Upload a blank document)
Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (Upload a blank document)

But, more importantly, even though you upload blank documents as it is stated on official IRCC website, later they ask you to upload/provide IMM5802 "The Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt" document.

That is totally ridiculous and there is no information or guidance given about this document on their website.
Normally, IRCC should not ask IMP+ applicants to provide this document at all. Since they are planing to give the Open Work Permit to the CSQ holders outside of Quebec, this document should not be required.

• Does anybody have an idea about this IMM5802 document?
  • What did you upload instead of this? Did you also upload a blank document?

Reactions: aidegui

aidegui

Nov 7, 2022
There is an official guidance on IRCC website about employment contract, CV/résumé and proof document that shows applicant meets the requirements of the job being offered.
  • For IMP+, they tell applicants to upload a blank document.
Here is the URL : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/quebec-skilled-workers/international-mobility-program-plus-csq.html

You can see it from the list given;
CV/résumé (Upload a blank document)
Employment Contract Instructions - Document: Employment Contract (Upload a blank document)
Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (Upload a blank document)

But, more importantly, even though you upload blank documents as it is stated on official IRCC website, later they ask you to upload/provide IMM5802 "The Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt" document.

That is totally ridiculous and there is no information or guidance given about this document on their website.
Normally, IRCC should not ask IMP+ applicants to provide this document at all. Since they are planing to give the Open Work Permit to the CSQ holders outside of Quebec, this document should not be required.

• Does anybody have an idea about this IMM5802 document?
  • What did you upload instead of this? Did you also upload a blank document?
Thank you so so much for this answer. Well, now me too I'm curious about IMM5802 in the context of IMP+ (PMI+). I'll continue my application and I'll post an update if anything changes.

UPDATE: The document IMM5802 is in the optional section of the application, so I'm not gonna upload anything there.

Last edited:

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Thank you so so much for this answer. Well, now me too I'm curious about IMM5802 in the context of IMP+ (PMI+). I'll continue my application and I'll post an update if anything changes.

UPDATE: The document IMM5802 is in the optional section of the application, so I'm not gonna upload anything there.
Rule of thumb with Immigration, whenever something is optional (which is very rare) it is best to not do it.

Reactions: Basher68

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Rule of thumb with Immigration, whenever something is optional (which is very rare) it is best to not do it.
Of course, I did NOT upload that optional document together with my initial application.
However 2 months after my application, IRCC sent me an email and they've asked particularly this IMM5802 (optional!!!) document.

Dear <Name Surname>,

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to
continue processing your application:
<Application Number> - <Name Surname>:

> IMM5802: Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt This must be
received at this office by: 2022/11/19

Please note:
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be
accompanied by a certified translation.

aidegui

Nov 7, 2022
Of course, I did NOT upload that optional document together with my initial application.
However 2 months after my application, IRCC sent me an email and they've asked particularly this IMM5802 (optional!!!) document.

Dear <Name Surname>,

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to
continue processing your application:
<Application Number> - <Name Surname>:

> IMM5802: Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt This must be
received at this office by: 2022/11/19

Please note:
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be
accompanied by a certified translation.
Do you think it would make sense to fill IMM5802 with the information specified in Step 5?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/quebec-skilled-workers/international-mobility-program-plus-csq.html#step5

I must agree that it's really weird and quite concerning they specifically asked for this optional document.

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Thanks! you too :)
I was able to get a human on the line at IRCC today and explain we’re past processing time so he sent a note to speed up (so he said). I have seen in the FB group that some people’s pictures were rejected AFTER the processing time wait which is making me extremely nervous. Of course I will update you all if and when I hear any updates.

Reactions: QC_ and Sanjar718

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
I was able to get a human on the line at IRCC today and explain we’re past processing time so he sent a note to speed up (so he said). I have seen in the FB group that some people’s pictures were rejected AFTER the processing time wait which is making me extremely nervous. Of course I will update you all if and when I hear any updates.
The same happened to me, I've called last week and agent told me that he put a note on my file.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
J
Just got ghost updates on my family member applications.

Reactions: Thursty9 and QC_