+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Suhayb

May 4, 2021
Hello Everyone, My ECAS states that a medical request went out on the 17'th of Feb but I haven't received anything/instructions yet, did anyone come across a similar situation ?

Would appreciate your insights

Thanx

Sarahqsw

May 26, 2021
Hi everyone, this forum has been extremely helpful for me, so sharing my dates in case it helps any of you:

DF: 2021-03-15
XEP: 2021-04-01
AOR: 2021-12-03
PAL: 2022-01-27
Medical request: 2022-03-23 (clinic industrielle)
VMF: 2022-03-29
1st Email: 2022-04-04
2nd Email: 2022-04-08
eCOPR: 2022-04-11

Julian A

Mar 18, 2021
I have a quick question.
I'm currently applying for P.R through the QSW program. I currently have a work permit which I got through the Post Graduate Work Permit program, which will expire in May 2022. I tried to apply for an extension of this work permit, but apparently, PGWP CAN'T be extended... My legal status expires soon and I'm not sure what is my best option from here.

-Should I apply for a new work permit (I'm currently employed by a Canadian firm)
-Should I hold on to my "implied" status until IRCC comes back with an answer?
what's your guys' call on this?

My P.R request is only pending my background check.

best,
Julian

Reactions: Lorena Marins

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
I have a quick question.
I'm currently applying for P.R through the QSW program. I currently have a work permit which I got through the Post Graduate Work Permit program, which will expire in May 2022. I tried to apply for an extension of this work permit, but apparently, PGWP CAN'T be extended... My legal status expires soon and I'm not sure what is my best option from here.

-Should I apply for a new work permit (I'm currently employed by a Canadian firm)
-Should I hold on to my "implied" status until IRCC comes back with an answer?
what's your guys' call on this?

My P.R request is only pending my background check.

best,
Julian
If you have AOR already you can have Bridge Open WP, in this case you won’t be tied to the firm.

If your current WP will expire and you won’t have another one “In progress” you can’t be on implicit status.

It doesn’t matter that your PR in progress.
You can have implicit status only between WPs

asadkhan_2

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
My application status has been changed Decision made on ECAS but nothing received. Hopefully anything in a day or two.

Thanks

GentleM

Apr 7, 2022
I’m in Quebec.
How many days or weeks will it take for the biometrics and medical exam to pass and subsequent processing?

Julian A

Mar 18, 2021
If you have AOR already you can have Bridge Open WP, in this case you won’t be tied to the firm.

If your current WP will expire and you won’t have another one “In progress” you can’t be on implicit status.

It doesn’t matter that your PR in progress.
You can have implicit status only between WPs
I applied for the Bridge Open WP, but apparently you can't extend a post-graduate work permit. IRCC sent me a letter saying they would only grant me an additional 2 months.

I will give them a call