+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
What’s worse is that easy inland applications like mine are not complete. So how will they get to Outland if they can’t even handle easy inland? My medical passed in Feb! Been here 7 years no criminal background. I feel awful for Outland but this impacts us here in QC already as well. Further, why not just process the BOWP as a stop gap? That’s not even complete and they’re the ones who offered the program in the first place. I think it’s all lip service. No way are they arriving at work and just processing like they would if we were in queue at SAAQ. They do no care.
I agree but you are still in average processing time limits, aren't you?

When I check your timeline I see that you've applied for federal in Dec 2020 - 23 months after me.
I've completed my medicals 10 months ago, in June 2021.
I might have to get re-examined because I do not think that they could finalize my file till this June.

Most of the outland applicants who've applied in 2018 & 2019 are still waiting.
As an inland, I am pretty sure that you're going to get your DM very soon and we will be still waiting.

IRCC has to start clearing backlogs before processing new applicants.

Reactions: m-s and Thursty9

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
I agree but you are still in average processing time limits, aren't you?

When I check your timeline I see that you've applied for federal in Dec 2020 - 23 months after me.
I've completed my medicals 10 months ago, in June 2021.
I might have to get re-examined because I do not think that they could finalize my file till this June.

Most of the outland applicants who've applied in 2018 & 2019 are still waiting.
As an inland, I am pretty sure that you're going to get your DM very soon and we will be still waiting.

IRCC has to start clearing backlogs before processing new applicants.
You’re right. I guess im just reacting to all the new files in and out in <8 months and wondering how they’ll clear backlogs if they’ve only been processing new apps. Ok I will leave it there. As always appreciate the support of this forum and didn’t mean to derail anyone else’s positive news but just to reiterate its not always fast tracked for inland’s either. Quite simply it appears there is no order and the golden email is allusive as hitting the lottery lol. Have a good weekend everyone.

GentleM

Apr 7, 2022
Hi,
My timeline:
- Apr 24th: applied, family of 4
- May 10th: invitation for "Quebec values test"
- May 15th: values tests passed
- Jun 16th: CSQ approved.
a month: preparing documents for Federal.
- Jul 16th: applied Federal.
- Aug 10th: XEP
- Mar 24th: AOR, Biometrics and medical exam passed.
- April 5th: Application/profile updated(medical exam passed again)

I’m in Quebec and I hope to be able to do the next share sooner.

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
Thanks. I booked in Toronto on January 13 2023. I am trying to switch to any other earlier date in Quebec City or Ottawa.
Just a quick question , i will need to renew my passport before applying . did they ask for your passport number when applied ?
As i am thinking to book an appointment then renew my passport

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Thanks. I booked in Toronto on January 13 2023. I am trying to switch to any other earlier date in Quebec City or Ottawa.
Initially I booked for 16 May 2023 - Toronto, then I found spot Feb 2023 in Ottawa and after that I found April 2022.
You should keep monitoring, especially at night. I found a spot around 23:00.

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
Just a quick question , i will need to renew my passport before applying . did they ask for your passport number when applied ?
As i am thinking to book an appointment then renew my passport
Yes, they ask for the Passport Number. But if you have more than 6 months of validity of your passport (depends country of citizenship) at the time of appointment then you will get a 5/10 yrs visa. There is no problem to have the Visa in the old passport.