+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hi bro,
Many congrats on your decision made...Nothing has improved yet..Still in process!
Thank you, and hope everything is going well in the correct direction!

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Everything got stuck in my case...PR, Visitor visa, work permit and ...........
Ya i know its so frustrating ..it seems CIC going abysmally slow one of my friend who has requested GCMS a month back ..he hasn't got them yet .. so you can imagine progress ..

Reactions: Amir-IR

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Visitor extention and applying for visa is different,Vistor extentsion is a record,not visa, it need 115 days 。
Yeah you are correct extension is taking 115 days ..i

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
Visitor visa from within Canada is taking 10 days for online applicants ?
Thank @poisonapple,
this is true 10 days for visitor visa......if I have a valid temporary status in Canada (student or worker) but what happened is that I was applying for extension my post-doc on May 31st (3 months, from June to August)....for unclear reason the officer at CIC declined my application (plus for my whole family) on August 21st....after more than 80 days....Moreover, they sent me letter stating that from that day on, I have 90 days to restore my status plus applying for new temporary (Worker, student, or visitor).....and because I didnt have the job offer so I applied for visitor visa + restoration fee..
according to CIC, extension as visitor needs 115 day ... not 10 days unfortunately.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Thank @poisonapple,
this is true 10 days for visitor visa......if I have a valid temporary status in Canada (student or worker) but what happened is that I was applying for extension my post-doc on May 31st (3 months, from June to August)....for unclear reason the officer at CIC declined my application (plus for my whole family) on August 21st....after more than 80 days....Moreover, they sent me letter stating that from that day on, I have 90 days to restore my status plus applying for new temporary (Worker, student, or visitor).....and because I didnt have the job offer so I applied for visitor visa + restoration fee..
according to CIC, extension as visitor needs 115 day ... not 10 days unfortunately.
Oh ok ..this wait time is so painful and frustrating for all of us ... i wish and hope everyone get their PR on time to avoid unnecessary issues ..

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
Hi Ahmed,
I have almost a similar situation. I have sent my PR application on June 29, 2016 and have not received decision made yet.
My postdoc was finished end of Dec. 2016. I have been under visitor status since Jan. 2017. My visitor status was expired end of Aug. 2017. However, I applied for a new visitor visa in July 2017 and unfortunately have not received the new status yet and am now under implied status.
Hopefully, I will receive my new postdoc offer next week. I believe I have to apply for a new work permit. Please let me know what CIC tell you on the phone regarding your situation.
Another confusing thing is that:
When applying for work permit on CIC website, you will be asked about your current status and when your current status will be expired. I do not know I have to consider the expiration date of previous visitor visa or the new date I wrote down in new visitor forms.

Best,
Amir

Hi @Amir-IR
I thought I'm the only one in this situation, apparently not.
If I were you Amir, I will ofcourse initiate the application for the new post-doc, but dont forget to and your submission confirmation of your visitor to your supporting documents, if you applied for the new WP, I think you will no longer considered implied status, as you finished the work permit before the new application, this means you have to wait 84 days to receive the new WP.......it is a stupid system........Unless your are visa exempted so you can have it from the boarder at stated in the CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=171&top=17

Reactions: Amir-IR

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
Ya i know its so frustrating ..it seems CIC going abysmally slow one of my friend who has requested GCMS a month back ..he hasn't got them yet .. so you can imagine progress ..
They are really slow...One of my friends, who got PhD with me,
Hi @Amir-IR
I thought I'm the only one in this situation, apparently not.
If I were you Amir, I will ofcourse initiate the application for the new post-doc, but dont forget to and your submission confirmation of your visitor to your supporting documents, if you applied for the new WP, I think you will no longer considered implied status, as you finished the work permit before the new application, this means you have to wait 84 days to receive the new WP.......it is a stupid system........Unless your are visa exempted so you can have it from the boarder at stated in the CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=171&top=17
Thanks Ahmed for your response.
I will apply for the work permit as soon as I receive my postdoc offer. I was wondering why the officer has declined your work permit application?
Could you please tell me whether LMIA exempt form is still mandatory? As I have CSQ...
Best,
Amir

Reactions: ahmedabouelmagd

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
They are really slow...One of my friends, who got PhD with me,

Thanks Ahmed for your response.
I will apply for the work permit as soon as I receive my postdoc offer. I was wondering why the officer has declined your work permit application?
Could you please tell me whether LMIA exempt form is still mandatory? As I have CSQ...
Best,
Amir

Hi @Amir-IR,
Until now I have no idea why the officer rejected my application, I'm CSQ holder, Quebec resident, and I got the offer starting with (A) and my university paid the LMIA exemption fee $230 with receipt , and the code that the university applied under it is A75 (ofcourse we cant miss that)

What I got is the following letter (part of it)

""""Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
As of November 21, 2015, all employers under the IMP must submit the Offer of Employment/information and the employer compliance fee using the Employer Portal.
Your employer provided an Offer of Employment information LMIAE ID #A?????? that has the wrong code, A75. As the information provided by your employer in the Offer of Employment/ information does not match the information provided in your application, your work permit cannot be approved as per Section 200(5) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
."""""""""

as I under stand, the employer sumbitted offer with A75 code.....so where is the problem......I dont know.......but it was almost more than 80 days of 90 days

I tried to under stand...but I finally gave up as there is no meaning to do with CIC officers.

amit.r

Feb 23, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
11-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
08-26-2017..
Guys - I have landed in Montreal on Aug 26.. it was smooth experience .. now hunting for houses here .. will post landing experience and house hunting experience separately..
Guys - Here is my landing and house hunting experience. It was quite ordinary but I scanned through this forum only to prepare for it and for anyone else also that would be the best preparation..

At the time of landing. the office checked CSQ, COPR and Passports. He took our photos and applied for PR. I did not have permanent address when I landed and so I gave him AirBnB apartment address where I was staying. Later when I found house, I called up CIC and updated the address.

I had prepared detailed list of goods to carry and goods to follow list with pictures, etc. Officer checked those and asked me how much money I had in my account. He did not ask for proof of the same though.. That was it..

For house hunting, I rented a car for 1st week and drove around in West Island looking for "A Lour" signs. However, I met someone who gave me contact for a real estate broker. This broker was good and was able to find decent apartment in my budget for me. Either way, it is not too difficult to find apartment if you don't have very stringent criteria. Generally, I heard people saying that, July 01 is moving day in Quebec and hence you should look for apartment prior to that. If you cross that date, availability is much less. One good thing here is tenant does not pay brokerage. It is to be paid by landlord only. For opening bank account, I was able to use AirBnB address and later update it with home address easily..

Last edited:

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
Hi @Amir-IR,
Until now I have no idea why the officer rejected my application, I'm CSQ holder, Quebec resident, and I got the offer starting with (A) and my university paid the LMIA exemption fee $230 with receipt , and the code that the university applied under it is A75 (ofcourse we cant miss that)

""""Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
As of November 21, 2015, all employers under the IMP must submit the Offer of Employment/information and the employer compliance fee using the Employer Portal.
Your employer provided an Offer of Employment information LMIAE ID #A?????? that has the wrong code, A75. As the information provided by your employer in the Offer of Employment/ information does not match the information provided in your application, your work permit cannot be approved as per Section 200(5) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
."""""""""

as I under stand, the employer sumbitted offer with A75 code.....so where is the problem......I dont know.......but it was almost more than 80 days of 90 days

I tried to under stand...but I finally gave up as there is no meaning to do with CIC officers.
Refer the below URL Section 200(5), this is the reason for your rejection, i dont know your complete background, but below are the possible reasons for your rejection.
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-37.html#docCont

Genuineness of job offer
(5) A determination of whether an offer of employment is genuine shall be based on the following factors:

• (a) whether the offer is made by an employer that is actively engaged in the business in respect of which the offer is made, unless the offer is made for employment as a live-in caregiver;

• (b) whether the offer is consistent with the reasonable employment needs of the employer;

• (c) whether the terms of the offer are terms that the employer is reasonably able to fulfil; and

• (d) the past compliance of the employer, or any person who recruited the foreign national for the employer, with the federal or provincial laws that regulate employment, or the recruiting of employees, in the province in which it is intended that the foreign national work.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
Hi @Amir-IR,

."""""""""

This is so frustrating....When applying the work permit, what was your answer to the following question:
Which situation best describes your work situation? Did u select "I'm on academic exchange, conducting research or taking training"