+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
do you mean countries resided or countries visited? I think its PCC for countries you have lived/resided in for over 6 months. If you just visited a country maybe for leisure or business you do not need a PCC for that country as u never lived there. CIC considers you a resident of a place or country if you are/were legally allowed to stay there. if you have a visitor's status you are not a resident
Please check my clarification in last few posts. In my opinion, CIC would want PCC from any country where you have spent close to 6 months ( in total) on any status.

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
do you mean countries resided or countries visited? I think its PCC for countries you have lived/resided in for over 6 months. If you just visited a country maybe for leisure or business you do not need a PCC for that country as u never lived there. CIC considers you a resident of a place or country if you are/were legally allowed to stay there. if you have a visitor's status you are not a resident
PCC is need no matter if you have lived or visited, they ask for a police record if you have stayed 6 months or more, sometimes, 4 or 5 months

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Yes, only countries you've lived in.

hec2016

Nov 16, 2016
Your background check check status "Background check: Not applicable." is it same from starting ? or it was "We are processing your background check" any time in past ?
It used to be "We are processing your background check" , but I don't know when exactly it changed to "Not Required"

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Mpsqra: You're right. I'm totally guilty of reading only the bold parts on the website...
From CIC:

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
It used to be "We are processing your background check" , but I don't know when exactly it changed to "Not Required"
Status change from "We are processing your background check" to "Not Required" used to be an indicator that DM is around the horizon but off late MyCIC has been flipping this status back and forth for applicants ( for ex - POLYNING).

Reactions: Macarad and hec2016

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
As "APPNOV2014NY" mentioned this used to be good sign but now days we cannot say that this means DM is cards.. but if they were earlier processing then some info should have been captured on GCMS they do omit any notes or anything...so either earlier status was not correct or GCMS has not captured (or omitted) everything ..or i am trying to connect wrong dots :)

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the advice, but the major issue here is that how can I make sure my file is opened by a VO and he is actually processing my application?? Otherwise, all other actions will look vague to me at the moment since no one touch my file......
Hi, What is the background status for your application right now? are there any changes during your application?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Mpsqra: You're right. I'm totally guilty of reading only the bold parts on the website...
From CIC:

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
Please, don't say that. I also only read the bold parts, then I spent more time looking for my other PCC's

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hi, What is the background status for your application right now? are there any changes during your application?
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
Hi bro, one thing makes me worry, I was asked to submit RPRF and RCMP Criminal Record Check on 5 may. Previously, I had paid and send RPRF together with all others documents to Sydney (I guess that they did not find my RPRF). I printed out again my RPRF and do RCMP (digital finger print) and send all to Sydney by post at the end of May. Today, I found in my CIC account that it's always on "your action is required" status and when I click "View submitted application", these two supporting documents are still not uploaded. I tried to call CIC but no answer. I am really worry about this. Is my documents (paper) are enough or I had to submit online by uploading? Because I had only 60 days to upload (the deadline is 4 july). Anyone can help me?