+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
For QSW, MIDI is responsible for validating work history/documents.

Looking at GCMS notes , it appears that Criminality check only involves a check against RCMP and USA database + validation of PCC.
Security checks do involve going through work history ( to check organizations is not on any govt list for violations) , any associations with organizations which Canada recognize as threat...MIDI doesn't go to deep level ...

taemee

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
So.. In between all this.. My status went from "On Hold" to .... Blank.!
WoW..
and In response to an online inquiry through Web form I got this piece of wisdom in reply:
"Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.
If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives, community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
· Download application forms and guides
· Change of address
· Check your application status
· Help Centre

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
"​

Yup!!

Reactions: Ali.Quebec

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Thanks mriekje. My worker visa is extended only after 10 days I applied online (until 31 aug 2018). My WP will be expired on 31 aug. I planned to leave Canada from 31 aug to 17 sep. In case that on 17 sep my WP is not extended, can I get it when I come back to Canada on 17 sep?
Not sure I understand? Extended after 10 days..?
Your WP will expire on Aug 31 and you've applied for extension on July 18, right? This means that with the current delays you should have it around October 1.
If you leave the country, they can not treat the application you've submitted online at the border when you come back. You'd have to try to apply directly at the border (with a new form), but like I said, in theory these kinds of permits don't get treated at the POE anymore. If they deny you a new work permit at that point, you may be allowed back in as a tourist, depending on where you're from (if your nationality makes you visa-exempt) and on the officers willingness to help you out. Normally to enter as a tourist you have to convince them that you're intending to leave again --which obviously you don't intend to do... also, you wouldn't be able to work until you get your new permit.

personally I would not take the risk, but I guess it all depends on what you're leaving the country for. Could you extend your trip to come back only once your WP has been renewed?

Reactions: michael_vu

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
Not sure I understand? Extended after 10 days..?
Your WP will expire on Aug 31 and you've applied for extension on July 18, right? This means that with the current delays you should have it around October 1.
If you leave the country, they can not treat the application you've submitted online at the border when you come back. You'd have to try to apply directly at the border (with a new form), but like I said, in theory these kinds of permits don't get treated at the POE anymore. If they deny you a new work permit at that point, you may be allowed back in as a tourist, depending on where you're from (if your nationality makes you visa-exempt) and on the officers willingness to help you out. Normally to enter as a tourist you have to convince them that you're intending to leave again --which obviously you don't intend to do... also, you wouldn't be able to work until you get your new permit.

personally I would not take the risk, but I guess it all depends on what you're leaving the country for. Could you extend your trip to come back only once your WP has been renewed?
Thank you very much for your reply, I will stay to wait until I get the new work permit, that's more safe. I hope that PPR comes also...

Reactions: mriekje

Bars

Aug 18, 2015
Do applications for singles goes faster than couple ?
It would appear so.. Applications for singles seem to follow a more predictable path. I think this is because security check results may come at different time for couples which may delay things...

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Type: RCMP Screening
Validity Date: 2017/11/07

BUT it still shows that Type: Criminality Status: In Progress

Medical has Passed and valid until 2017/12/09;

Then nothing else since then......
Do you have PCC's from other countries?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Do you have PCC's from other countries?
He wrote in his earlier posts:

Nah, I came from China, only went to HK and USA before only for travelling purpose; studied and working here in Canada (I studied in Ottawa, but currently working in Montreal). Other than that, I did not go to other countries before......

RAM1616

May 5, 2017
So.. In between all this.. My status went from "On Hold" to .... Blank.!
WoW..
and In response to an online inquiry through Web form I got this piece of wisdom in reply:
"Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.
If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives, community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
· Download application forms and guides
· Change of address
· Check your application status
· Help Centre

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
"​

Yup!!
Hey finally i see someone having the same issue like mine.. my timeline is pretty similar and my status was on hold untill everyone got their medical request glitch and then changed to blank. called cic several times all they say is i need to wait 13 months to take a action which is sept 22.But i am pretty sure they will find better reason at that point. Let me know if u have any better news.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hey finally i see someone having the same issue like mine.. my timeline is pretty similar and my status was on hold untill everyone got their medical request glitch and then changed to blank. called cic several times all they say is i need to wait 13 months to take a action which is sept 22.But i am pretty sure they will find better reason at that point. Let me know if u have any better news.
Both of you are waiting for Medical Request. I can see a pattern here.

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
Hi.., just go to the border with the employer number(starts with A), offer letter,CSQ and passport. Easy and quick way to get extend WP
Really? I called CIC yesterday, they told me that I should stay and wait, because they are not sure that I can do it at the border. I am very confused

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Really? I called CIC yesterday, they told me that I should stay and wait, because they are not sure that I can do it at the border. I am very confused
Same here. I had also found an article on the CIC website saying A75 exemption cases will no longer be treated at the border. Then again, my info dates back from March... I'd love to know, I'm waiting for a work permit to be able to start a new job, but I won't have it before the end of October! (And my CSQ is expiring.......)

Reactions: michael_vu