+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Congratulations @Macarad on your CoPR. Can you share when your Passport reached to CPC-Ottawa and when return tracker got activated ? As I Sent my Passport on 2nd August and it got delivered on 4th August. But after that, I haven't got any news.
Hey, there!

Sure:

Got PPR on thursday august 3rd in the evening.
Sent copy of passport, the form you have to fill out, and the photographs on friday august 4th in the evening.
Due to the long weekend, the envelope was delivered tuesday august 8th around 9:30 am
The return tracker was activated on wednesday august 16th around 5:30 PM (8 days after it was delivered)
CoPR delivered around 11:00 am on thursday august 17th

I am visa exempt... maybe that could have sped things up a little bit since they did not have to do anything with my passport itself.

I find it strange you don't have yours... you are also visa exempt, right?

hope you get good news soon!

N

Nala

Do you have an immigration attorney that can help? i will wait to receive the latest notes and proceed with your suggestions.
I've been a client of Campbell Cohen for 3 years now, and I'm very happy with their work. From my experience as a client, I find them very knowledgeable in immigration matters and very professional. I would hire them again. (This forum belongs to their website, you can check their contacts on the top of the page).

Wishing you the best of luck!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Congratulations @Macarad on your CoPR. Can you share when your Passport reached to CPC-Ottawa and when return tracker got activated ? As I Sent my Passport on 2nd August and it got delivered on 4th August. But after that, I haven't got any news.
You can use below tracker to check how things are going for other applicants:

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker

Also, snoop around in other forums. After PPR, CIC follows same process for all applicants from visa non-exempt countries and you might find dedicated thread for this in other forums ( most probably Express Entry)

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hey, there!

Sure:

Sent copy of passport, the form you have to fill out, and the photographs on friday august 4th in the evening.
Due to the long weekend, the envelope was delivered tuesday august 8th around 9:30 am
The return tracker was activated on wednesday august 16th around 5:30 PM (8 days after it was delivered)

I am visa exempt... maybe that could have sped things up a little bit since they did not have to do anything with my passport itself.

Congrats

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hey, there!

Sure:

when are you going to land?

SBP8385

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Who have 8 to 10 month age child. any query race by panel list doctor or medical officer visa office for further report after 3 month

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
Dear all, can I have a question. I'm applying PR and got AOR end of Feb 2017, my work permit will be expired on 31 aug. I applied online for renew (same employer) on 18 july but I still wait. I really need the new work permit. I should wait or I can go to border Lacole to renew? Thanks for your answers (I'm sorry if my threat is not very suitable in this forum)

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Congratulations to all who received news lately! It is excellent to know that things are finally moving again (i think maybe it was the holiday break that slowed things down)....

I received CoPR today, 2 weeks after PPR. I will be landing on Saturday (don't really know yet, considering that some of the border crossings are going to be extremely busy considering the refugee crisis at the border right now...

i'll be sure to share my experience with you guys and thank you for everything!
All the very best dear Macarad

Reactions: Macarad

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Hey, everyone,

I just wanted to share my landing experience.

First things first, thanks to everyone in this forum for their help and support. It really, really helps, even when we don't have the answers, but just to be able to talk about it and share experiences... makes the journey seem less "alone".

Secondly, I'm really sorry to read so many posts recently of people getting stuck in their applications =( ... i understand your frustration. It is definitely not easy and it takes all the energy we have in order to not lose our heads. I guess i was one of the lucky ones compared to what some have experienced. I sincerely hope you all get good news soon. As i said when i wrote to Trudeau's office, nobody is benefited from long waiting times, and everybody loses. =(

In any case, here is my experience,

I went early to the border today. I rented a car and drove to phillipsburg. I decided to avoid Lacolle due to the refugee crisis, thinking that maybe it would be too busy there. I got to the border around 8 AM and it was crowded I had to wait around 40 min to cross. The US officer was relatively nice and it did not take very long to get the necessary paperwork to go back to canada.

Going back took a while too, since only one lane was open to cross into canada. I told the border officer i wanted to validate my permanent residence. he directed me to go inside and I handed my papers (CoPR , CSQ and passport) to another officer. About 10 min later someone came to ask me some questions concerning my file (have you been convicted of a crime? do you have any minors in your charge? things like that). She did ask me about funds, but told me she did not require my bank statement, just telling her the number was sufficient). The officer went back again to validate some info, came back again after another 10 min or so. She removed my work permit, stamped my passport and gave me welcome speech. After that, i had to go see someone else concerning the customs declaration, which was pretty straightforward since I am already living in Canada and i am not bringing anything into the country.

After that, i was free to go. All in all, it took nearly 2 hours since i got the the border (including the waiting time to cross the US and everything else).

Again, thank you guys for everything, for all the useful advices, and sometimes just listening.

I will keep popping in to the forum, but maybe a bit less. If anyone has any questions directly, feel free to send a private inbox message. I'll be happy to answer. :)

Have a great evening, everyone!

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Dear All,
I need your advice, i am almost 18 months of processing now and till today no updates from the VO, i did my medical in May 2016 and now for sure its expired, paid RPRF, i contacted the VO and they replied that my background still in progress.
last GCMS notes shows that my security check is done while my wife not started, which is weird, notes are 7 months old.
What can be done at this stage?
Thank you
I was waiting no so long, I sent an e-mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with my credit card statement where the payment were charged for my family and myself in order to confirm if they have received the payment. They confirmed the payment, next day they sent me the golden mail. Conicidence?? Note I am in Canada.