+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

kikou

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
V-O-Sydney/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Hello everyone!

I have one question for you: My fiancé and I are officially common law partner since today!

Do you know if I need to advertise CIC about it?

because my fiancé is canadian (He was born in Canada) and he didn't help me with my file. I did a CSQ with a PEQ. I'm scare that information will delay my file...again...

Have a good week end and happy canada's day!

Last edited:

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Yes my friend got medical request after one month of AOR and mine till now..... Im worried coz my email I'd was wrong so I send IRRC request to change my email id after I got AOR. I wanna know due to change in my email id my processing get delay
Oh i see.... did u call them?? You can address this issue with them and they shud b able to help u out.... atleast they will let u know if they requested anything lately??
And one more thing ... one of friend got his medical in a month too ... but he got his PR in 12 months approx.... for me they requested my medical in 5 months ... and i have my passport with ottawa at this moment and there are still people waiting for decision made... it is case specific.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Hello everyone!

I have one question for you: My fiancé and I are officially common law partner since today!

because my fiancé is canadian (He was born in Canada) and he didn't help me with my file. I did a CSQ with a PEQ. I'm scare that information will delay my file...again...

You should actually...... dnt leave any loose ends ... cuz they are looking for reasons ... u know what i mean?? A month delay is ok than a consequence of not declaring it.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello everyone!

No. you do not need to. CIC is only interested in below Status changes

Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Have you changed your contact information: e-mail address/mailing address/telephone number?

Reactions: Nala and gaye_ga

kikou

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
V-O-Sydney/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
No. you do not need to. CIC is only interested in below Status changes

Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Have you changed your contact information: e-mail address/mailing address/telephone number?
You should actually...... dnt leave any loose ends ... cuz they are looking for reasons ... u know what i mean?? A month delay is ok than a consequence of not declaring it.
So I have two versions^^ I agree with v_sanhot: I don't want to take any risks. Their file management s*** already and I don't want to give them any reason to kick me out.

but another month of delay for nothing...my fiancé doesn't count for my file. He don't help with money, with sponsorship and he's a real canadian...he doesn't exist for CIC, no links with me at any moment...

I'm honest and I'm listening any advice :)

Do you know how many time I have to change this informations?

Thank you for the help!

Last edited:

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
So I have two versions^^ I agree with v_sanhot: I don't want to take any risks. Their file management s*** already and I don't want to give them any reason to kick me out.

but a another month of delay for nothing...my fiancé doesn't count for my file. He don't help with money, with sponsorship and he's a real canadian...he doesn't exist for CIC, no links with me at any moment...

I'm honest and I'm listening any advice :)

Do you know how many time I have to change this informations?

Thank you for the help!
Do you have sufficient documentation: joint lease, joint bank account, joint utility bills etc.?

kikou

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
V-O-Sydney/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Do you have sufficient documentation: joint lease, joint bank account, joint utility bills etc.?
I don't know. We don't have a joint bank account neither joint lease (we pay together but only his name is on the lease) but we have joint utility bills (hydro, internet and assurance)

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
Hello everyone!

Hi, if you have not teceived your DM yet, the answer is Yes. When CIC will send you the passport request, they will ask again if there has been any change in your situation. So, reporting status change will cause some delays I guess but it's better to do it as soon as possible.

kikou

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
V-O-Sydney/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Hi, if you have not teceived your DM yet, the answer is Yes. When CIC will send you the passport request, they will ask again if there has been any change in your situation. So, reporting status change will cause some delays I guess but it's better to do it as soon as possible.
No I haven't my decision made yet...

Thank you very much all of you!

I wish you the best for tomorrow

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
A quick update for me, after DM + PPR and a long week of waiting to get my passeport back from another Visa office country, I have sent my passeport to Ottawa last thursday. When I track it, still on its way but no worries, everybody is enjoying holidays. Happy Canada's 150 years!

kikou

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
V-O-Sydney/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Kikou, you may use the IRCC Webform to report the change. I have done the same when asking for address change. Here is the link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.91184530.945860064.1499026393-871713037.1452398370
Is it the same thing even if my fiancé is Canadian?

because when I check on permanent residency file (IMM5409), it says: "This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application" which is not the case here.

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
Is it the same thing even if my fiancé is Canadian?

because when I check on permanent residency file (IMM5409), it says: "This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application" which is not the case here.
Not sure if you need to fill this file since you will not need to sponsor your fiance.. but I would say fill the ircc form. Explain the situation and Submit any question you have, if they need any further information they will contact you.
By the way, if you fill the imm file, how are you planning to submit it? (In the moncic profile we can not submit a file if not requested by CIC. I mean there is no place to attach a file and submit it as of my knowledge)

Reactions: kikou

kikou

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
V-O-Sydney/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Not sure if you need to fill this file since you will not need to sponsor your fiance.. but I would say fill the ircc form. Explain the situation and Submit any question you have, if they need any further information they will contact you.
By the way, if you fill the imm file, how are you planning to submit it? (In the moncic profile we can not submit a file if not requested by CIC. I mean there is no place to attach a file and submit it as of my knowledge)
Thank you for your help T-hEMK!

I think I'll wait until friday. If I've got my PPR, I'll send it with my passeport request. If I don't, I'll send my file by IRCC form. If I don't have my PR before July 13th it'll be a mess anyway, so wait any longer or not won't change anything in this case.

Reactions: T-hEMK

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
Thank you for your help T-hEMK!

I think I'll wait until friday. If I've got my PPR, I'll send it with my passeport request. If I don't, I'll send my file by IRCC form. If I don't have my PR before July 13th it'll be a mess anyway, so wait any longer or not won't change anything in this case.
Wish you a good luck

Reactions: kikou