+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Bars

Aug 18, 2015
Received my CAIPS/GCMS notes today.

It seems that Background check consists of 2 phases : Criminality Check ( RCMP + PCC) and Security Check( by Intelligence agencies).

Criminality check is first step and is done within a day of AOR ( provided you have submitted PCC along with application).

Second step ( it seems) is Security Check + Medicals. Security check runs in parallel with Medical check. If you already received MR then most likely you are done with Criminality check and your application is stuck at Security check.
Very interesting insight. I think you are right, because first they sent the automated email (on 10/02) and one of the things the email was asking to check was schedule A. I guess they were starting to process criminality at the point. Interestingly after we received our MR on 23/05 they asked us to check Schedule A again which would suggest that they want to start the 2nd part (i.e. security check).

So it makes sense..

Last edited:
Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Winners95

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Very interesting insight. I think you are right, because first they sent the automated email (on 10/02) and one of the things the email was asking to check was schedule A. I guess they were starting to process criminality at the point. Interestingly after we received our MR on 23/05 they asked us to check Schedule A again which would suggest that they want to start the 2nd part (i.e. security check).

So it makes sense..
It is really weird that just security check takes many months , 5 or 6 months on average

and why for EE people is so fast

and why for some quebec people its fast and for others it is so long ??

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
It is really weird that just security check takes many months , 5 or 6 months on average

case to case specific , current delay for Quebec looks to be due to fact that EE folks are being expedited at the expense of quebec ..and if someones application get stuck at some stage then it will cause further delays (This thread may provide more info: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39578.0.html;msg1190357#msg1190357)

N

Nala

You can try to link both if them, but it may be possible that it's not working.

ECAS: go to ECAS and enter your IUC, family name and country.

GCKey: you need to create an account. After that, go to "link my application" and enter your informations. Many of candidates have trouble to do it, so you may possibly need to try several times.

For fingerprints, I don't need them, so I suppose it's depend where you are from.
Kikou, I really appreciate how kind you are in your posts with the forum members :)

Reactions: kikou

kikou

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
V-O-Sydney/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Kikou, I really appreciate how kind you are in your posts with the forum members :)
Thank you very much Nala!

It's nothing^^ We are on the same boat and everyone have the same questions, fears, anxiety etc. So if I can help a little bit, it's with pleasure.

My only fear is to not be understandable because english isn't my native language and I'm not bilingual :)

take care

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Finally the things have been changed in MyCic account to normal and the additional documents update is now "We do not need additional documents ".

However I am a bit worried about the background check because I am in the 12th month of the application but my background check is still not started yet. anyone please give your suggestions .

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Would be great if you any of you could guide me regarding which thread I should follow. I think am but frustrated and lost as well.
You can follow "Quebec Applicants Let's Share Experience". Once you get your CSQ & then you will be in the federal stage , thereafter you may follow this thread . Hope this helps . All the very best for the future

patel_sanket_1

Jul 29, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-08-2013
Doc's Request.
05-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
IELTS Request
Done Already
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
12-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
HMMM
VISA ISSUED...
God Help
LANDED..........
When God decided
Thanks to everyone :)

After landing I will post what happened too :)

Thanks.
Actually, my ECAS still shows "Decision Made". However, I saw my approval on MyCIC 22 June. Here is the timeline after PPR.
12/06 PPR mail
13/06 I sent the passports
14/06 passports arrived at CIC Ottawa
22/06 I saw "Approved " on MyCIC account
23/06 CIC send passport
27/06 passports arrived to me :)

the long arriving is just because long weekend. Normally it takes max 2 days.
congrats Buddy

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014

So it makes sense..
Most probably Schedule A is passed onto Intelligence agencies and since so much time has elapsed between Submission of application and Start of Security Check ( by Intelligence agencies), it triggers re-submission of updated Schedule - A for most updated information. This is just a guess :)

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014

I think Security check does not take time for EE or QSW. It's just that CIC processes only "x" no. of QSW applications per month keeping it's QSW SLA in mind ( 80% of applications in 13 months). Even if your Security check was done months back , you won't get PPR until some immigration officer from CIC opens up your file, reviews Security Check results and moves file to next stage ( PPR).

Reactions: Aref.P and kikou

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Finally the things have been changed in MyCic account to normal and the additional documents update is now "We do not need additional documents ".

However I am a bit worried about the background check because I am in the 12th month of the application but my background check is still not started yet. anyone please give your suggestions .
You must request GCMS notes to check what's going on with your file. Most probably your background check is in progress but MyCIC is not updated. Also it's my understanding that files are prioritized by AOR ( within a Visa Office) so if people with similar timelines as you ( and same VO) are getting PPR, then your file would be reviewed more frequently and you should get PPR very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunnymks

kikou

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
V-O-Sydney/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
I think Security check does not take time for EE or QSW. It's just that CIC processes only "x" no. of QSW applications per month keeping it's QSW SLA in mind ( 80% of applications in 13 months). Even if your Security check was done months back , you won't get PPR until some immigration officer from CIC opens up your file, reviews Security Check results and moves file to next stage ( PPR).
I think you're right. It's the only explanation even if it isn't fair for all of us. This can also explain why most of PPR has given between 3rd and 13th day of month.