+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

sandy01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Congratulations to those getting DM, and best wishes for your landing process.

It looks so far that the theory was correct and the VO are working on Quebec applications at the beginning of the month... Hopefully, we will keep getting more updates all through next week at least.

Here is content of what I sent today by post to the local MP. I have obviously deleted some of my personal info. Hope the issue is taken seriously... (i included a bit about maybe become a citizen by 2019, which is when the next elections are, hoping that they might give the matter some importance since i cool be a potential voter)

"I am a resident in Villeray in the district of Papineau. I write to you concerning federal immigration processes faced by applicants wishing to settle in Quebec, such as myself as well as thousands of others each year from around the world.

I am grateful that Canada is planning for the future and opening its borders to skilled immigrants, as well as helping others for humanitarian reasons, such as the recent refugee intake. However, I wish to bring to your attention some of the concerns shared by many of us as applicants.

All applicants, regardless of province of destination must undergo the same basic federal application process, which includes background checks and medical exams. However, increasing processing times and delays have affected applicants wishing to settle in Quebec. In addition to requiring a Cértificat du Selection du Québec (which in itself can take months or years to obtain in some cases), applicants face longer processing times at the federal level, even though the process remains basically the same. I do believe that a system like Express Entry brings many advantages, and I also believe immigrants fitting the country’s needs should have access to a fast-track process, but this should not mean longer waiting times for other applicants, specially when applicants wishing to settle in Quebec have no other option or alternative program to do so. In fact, since I sent my application at the end of summer 2016, the official processing times shown by IRCC, as long as they were, have increased.

This situation is harmful for both the applicants and the province of Quebec. On one hand, applicants are faced with slow service and processing, which prevents us from planning accurately our final plans to settle in Canada. It is hard to make plans for the future when you don’t know if you are going to have to keep waiting for much longer, or if in the end the application will be rejected after months (or years) of waiting.

On the other hand, this also harms Quebec’s economy. I personally know potential applicants that are actually considering choosing other provinces simply because the immigration process is much slower and uncertain here…. And the feeling is spreading. It is understandable, inland applicants going through Express Entry are sometimes granted permanent residence in just a couple of months. After this amount of time, many of Quebec applicants do not even receive acknowledgment from IRCC that the applications were received.

I do not regret trying to settle in Quebec. I am happy to be able to live and work in the province and I have patiently waited for my application to be processed. In my specific case, I am waiting for a Canadian Embassy abroad to receive a document from the authorities in my home country. But I have shared my experience and thoughts with other applicants, and a feeling that keeps coming up is that of being left in the dark. We are not sure why processing times are going up. Is it because other applications are processed first? Are there insufficient resources? Are Quebec applicants being subjected to other screening processes?

I moved to Villeray last year, and I wish to be able to keep living here in the future, and I hope that my application will be accepted so that I can permanently settle here, and maybe even become a citizen by 2019 if all goes well.

I sincerely hope that you are able to help us bring this matter to the attention of the necessary authorities. With any luck, changes will be implemented to benefit current and future applicants, or at least so that more information will be available on how the applications are being processed and the reasons for delays (if any).

I appreciate your taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for your support in the matter.

Sincerely,"
Thanks for letting them know the real situation....Very well done dear Macarad!!!

Reactions: sunnymks

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Jesus, that's surreal... I did the exams a couple of weeks ago, they said they would send it directly and MyCIC is already stating "you have passed the medical exam". Your clinic really screwed up the whole thing...

By the way guys, after passing the medical exam, what are the next stages? I already sent all my police certificates with my application (the ones listed as mandatory) and paid my RPRF upfront... Could it be almost over?
Count 11 months from your AOR.
The worst case is 11th month... otherwise 10th sometimes....so Good Luck.

sindyxinli

Aug 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney -to- Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Hi gang!

I still have no updates on my CIC or eCAS since early Feb when I passed the medical check. I am getting a bit anxious:(! To help to release some of my tension, I carefully reviewed and studied the CIC timelines spreadsheet (VO Ottawa only):p.

Thanks to the kind person who initiated the CIC timelines spreadsheet, which helps a bunch!

So Briefly summarize as follows:

1. Latest DM: gnole and Decaleb, on 2017-06-02;
2. Latest PPR: LAMPARD, on 2017-05-15;
3. Among those who sent the application on before July 2016 left on the list (xin, rpark, ShoGr, mixed, sylendrabilla, comtl, JL-HN and Amir-IR). No member history on the forum for xin, rpark, ShoGr, comtl and Amir-IR (the forum showed "Error" when searching them); mixed posted question on landing at the end of April, therefore, should be at the stage after PPR; sylendrabilla added her spouse in March so the process time of her case would be reasonably extended. Hence, the only person left is JL-HN. Good luck to you JL-HN. Perhaps your DM is coming at any moment!

Hope the DMs for the rest July and August applicants are coming soon!!!:):);)

Last edited:

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
Thanks to all
now it is time to wait COPR and PPR

By the way, as an inland applicant I was wondering, does anyone knows another way to get PR without going to the US border. I heard that we can call an office in Montreal for an PR appointment. Am I right?
Any ideas?
I would suggest you to get an appointment with CIC montreal office, instead of crossing the border. If i am at your position i would reach CIC montreal office.

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Guys,

Glad to let you all know that I got my csq on 29th May, 2017. So my question is, any advantage in processing time for people who resides in Quebec (qualified through Qúebec skilled worker program) as I live in Montreal already (cap exempt applicant in work permit).

Can someone give me an idea how long will it take to receive PR from csq. I couldn't find details about it anywhere online.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Guys,

Glad to let you all know that I got my csq on 29th May, 2017. So my question is, any advantage in processing time for people who resides in Quebec (qualified through Qúebec skilled worker program) as I live in Montreal already (cap exempt applicant in work permit).

Can someone give me an idea how long will it take to receive PR from csq. I couldn't find details about it anywhere online.
Congratulations for the CSQ dear & all the very best for the federal part. To know the processing time of the application please find the below pasted link .

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Reactions: kiranf

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Guys,

Congrats.... 13 months they say officially... 10 or 11 months after you get AOR from federal... AOR is acknowledgement of receiving your federal file. ... after you receive medical request pay RPRF fee upfront $490 bucks makes process smooth.

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Congrats.... 13 months they say officially... 10 or 11 months after you get AOR from federal... AOR is acknowledgement of receiving your federal file. ... after you receive medical request pay RPRF fee upfront $490 bucks makes process smooth.

Ok, makes sense. Thank you mate. So maybe I need to pay federal processing fees right now when I apply & RPRF after when Im asked for medical?

sindyxinli

Aug 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney -to- Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Ok, makes sense. Thank you mate. So maybe I need to pay federal processing fees right now when I apply & RPRF after when Im asked for medical?
yeah, pay the processing fee upfront online, print the receipt and mail with your application package. Around the time they send you the medical request, sometimes before, sometimes after, they send you an email about police certificate, RPRF and sth. else. There would be detailed instructions as well.

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
yeah, pay the processing fee upfront online, print the receipt and mail with your application package. Around the time they send you the medical request, sometimes before, sometimes after, they send you an email about police certificate, RPRF and sth. else. There would be detailed instructions as well.

Great. Thanks for the information. I appreciate it :)

sindyxinli

Aug 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney -to- Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017

CSKSL

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Dear All,

if anyone from VO Colombo pls. let me know do you get DM up to now.

Can_Dream

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Anyone with Application Received Date in April/May/June 2016 still waiting for DM from New Delhi VO?

Thanks.

v_sanhot

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Once you get medical results have been received (Which almost guarantees the success of your medical, otherwise the local DMP calls you and you wont see medical results have been received in your E-CAS),, pay RPRF then and for the PCC from back home submit the first time with your application package.
Don't wait for them to come to u. If your application package is complete you will have an answer in 10 months apprx.