+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Mazigh said:
Hi everyone! Federal just took money for application fee out of my bank account. What does it mean? Does that mean my application is complete? When can I expect to get AOR starting from the moment they take out the money?
As per the current trend you can expect the AOR after 90 working days. For more info about the working days please follow the below mentioned link

workingdays.ca

Feb 19, 2017
Hi, my timeline: Program:QSW .. VO:Ottawa .. APP:2016.02.25 .. AOR:2016.04.06 .. PPR:2017.02.16

I have recently received PPR from Ottawa. I am an inland applicant but am currently in Europe. I would be thankful if you could provide me your opinion about either of these two options:

A) Return to Canada this week and submit my passport to Ottawa and land (fagpoling at US border) within the next three weeks; OR
B) According to the below note in the email from Ottawa, I could send my passport to a visa office in Europe (Vienna) and land in the arrival point in Montreal. (Idea is to avoid the landing process by getting the refusal letter at the US border.)

1. is the second option feasible and if someone had the same experience?
2. how long it would take for Ottawa and Vienna to send me the instruction and a confirmation of possibility to submit my passport to Vienna?
3. how long it would take for Vienna to return my passport with the visa?
4. would Vienna provide the confirmation of permanent residency o the border officer would issue it at the point of arrival in my case?

"If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America."

syphix

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
I need to add my newborn to my application and i am not sure how to proceed with the update of my application.

I have just received AOR yesterday and it is written the following:
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

It is written 'select the office stated below' but I did not see any office being mentioned just below that paragraph.

When clicking on this link:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp

Should I select my country at the bottom of the page and contact them via web form?

Where should I mail the documents for the child update?

Saj123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova scotia/ ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
Med's Request
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
montrealqc2017 said:
Hi, my timeline: Program:QSW .. VO:Ottawa .. APP:2016.02.25 .. AOR:2016.04.06 .. PPR:2017.02.16

I have recently received PPR from Ottawa. I am an inland applicant but am currently in Europe. I would be thankful if you could provide me your opinion about either of these two options:

A) Return to Canada this week and submit my passport to Ottawa and land (fagpoling at US border) within the next three weeks; OR
B) According to the below note in the email from Ottawa, I could send my passport to a visa office in Europe (Vienna) and land in the arrival point in Montreal. (Idea is to avoid the landing process by getting the refusal letter at the US border.)

2. how long it would take for Ottawa and Vienna to send me the instruction and a confirmation of possibility to submit my passport to Vienna?
4. would Vienna provide the confirmation of permanent residency o the border officer would issue it at the point of arrival in my case?

"If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America."
Both options are feasible. Vienna office would issue COPR as it is required for landing. It could take couple of weeks for you to receive instructions from Vienna office.
The first option is better in my opinion. Come to Canada, send your passport and then land. Easy

Feb 19, 2017
Thanks Saj123 for the response,

Do I have to wait for the instructions from both Ottawa and Vienna. Of course from the initial PPR email from Ottawa it's obvious I have to first wait for instructions from Ottawa. But I wanna know if I also have to wait for similar instructions from Vienna. any idea? The issuance of visa and COPR might take similar processing time as Ottawa, but the period for (1) instruction from Ottawa and 2) maybe instruction from Vienna is unknown for me and I am not able to take any decision, I would be truly thankful if you could provide me your opinion.

regarding the first choice, getting the refusal letter from US side, would it affect someone's future visa application?

Many thanks in advance for your kind attention.

Saj123 said:
Both options are feasible. Vienna office would issue COPR as it is required for landing. It could take couple of weeks for you to receive instructions from Vienna office.
The first option is better in my opinion. Come to Canada, send your passport and then land. Easy

alnasser81

Nov 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Hi Guys,

I received AOR 29th November and till now no medical request. Anyone with similar timeline who got medical request,please advise.

Thanks

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
montrealqc2017 said:

Hi dear montrealqc2017

First of all congratulations for the PPR. I think that the first option is the best to choose.

Moreover you can see that there is clearly mentioned in the mail that Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America

Furthermore I would like to suggest you that you should submit the passport(s) to the ottawa visa office itself.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
alnasser81 said:
Hi Guys,

I received AOR 29th November and till now no medical request. Anyone with similar timeline who got medical request,please advise.

Thanks
What is your visa office dear alnasser81?

syphix

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
syphix said:
I need to add my newborn to my application and i am not sure how to proceed with the update of my application.

I have just received AOR yesterday and it is written the following:
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

It is written 'select the office stated below' but I did not see any office being mentioned just below that paragraph.

When clicking on this link:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp

Should I select my country at the bottom of the page and contact them via web form?

Where should I mail the documents for the child update?
anyone can help me?

downcart

Feb 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Paris
Med's Request
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Missionquebec said:
In my perspective, you can do this, but send two receipts together. Well, it is possible to pay more than credit card Limit. One way is, u can deposit the excess amount in your credit card account. Please call your credit card bank they will explain to you.in your case, u just need to deposit 180$ in your credit card accout then you can pay 980$ in a single payment. I have done like this many times in my life.

2. Second way is, if your credit card one day maximum spending is 800$ then pay first fee at 11:35pm and next fee about 12:10am because technically it is a next day.

Generally speaking, if you want to pay in two steps, you first pay principal applicant fee and then dependent fee instead of splitting the fee based on your credit card limit.
Hope it helps.
Thank you very much for your help and advice
I has asked my local bank and they told me the same as what you said
I could deposit over the credit card limits

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
gaye_ga said:
Dear all,

I need your advice. CIC emailed me regarding linking my account for faster processing. Is it necessary for faster transaction? Kindly advise please. Thanks!
Need help please. Thanks

downcart

Feb 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Paris
Med's Request
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
gaye_ga said:
Need help please. Thanks
I think that it is very important to link your file with online account
gckey is very helpful and reliable online account

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
downcart said:
I think that it is very important to link your file with online account
gckey is very helpful and reliable online account
Thanks! I forgot my previous GC account, can I create a new one? Thanks!

Vinc360

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S / CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-07-2016 (30-07-2016 Medical Results Received)
Passport Req..
Decision made: 06-12-2016. No PPR (Visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 09-12-2016
LANDED..........
18-12-2016
Hi everyone,

Landed on December 18 here and got a request for new pictures on February 9th (exactly a week ago)

We sent the pictures on February 14, 2 days ago, in the morning from Montreal to Nova Scotia. Not sure if it got there yet, but we received ANOTHER letter (the exact same one) saying the pictures don't meet the requirement. I'm wondering if that's just a reminder they send every week, or if they did indeed receive the new ones and checked them as invalid already. Does anyone know? We didn't send it via registered mail so we can't tell if it's been received yet. They couldn't have checked them that fast, right?

pareshprince

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
My Application Received on 02-Nov-2017.
I got AOR on 17-Feb-2017.
but i can't link application with use of UCI & Application Number. I also tried with Family Name, Given Name, DOB but it shows "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications"

what can i do? please suggest me?