+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
DesertBoi27 said:
Hi everyone!

I received my AOR today. Im an inland applicant but I'm currently in Saskatchewan studying. My program will be finished in April. Is my being in Saskatchewan affect my QSW application? My plan is, after completion of my studies in April, I will move to Montreal.
Worst case you would be asked to submit a "Settlement Plan" and your application will get delayed by couple of months.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
David83 said:
Are you serious? And we have to stay in Quebec during these 12 months?
Will this timing according to CIC processing time & I dont know if you have to but you did applied through QSW program and CIC can be unpredictable in regard of there address policies. beside even thought family sponsorship is a Federal program, your wife might need a CSQ (Which she can obtain while being processed through the federal program). But while we are in this subject why its hard to be in QC? what difficulties you faced there? I didn't stay there much and I need to know what hardship i must prepare my self for.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
MWQ said:
Sure. this is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.
Thanks. I belive you misunderstood my question. I do know the processing time but my question is about waiting period to sponsor PR. For instance, to get health insurance you have to wait certain period of time in some province.
Likewise, do we need to wait to sponsor spouse? If I reach quebec August 2017, and after receiving PR card around SEPTEMBER 2017, will it be fine to sponsor spouse on September 2017 itself?

Thank you

DesertBoi27

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
APPNOV2014NY said:
Worst case you would be asked to submit a "Settlement Plan" and your application will get delayed by couple of months.
Thanks, appnov2014ny, I was told so too. That's why I'm learning French.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
MWQ said:
Will this timing according to CIC processing time & I dont know if you have to but you did applied through QSW program and CIC can be unpredictable in regard of there address policies. beside even thought family sponsorship is a Federal program, your wife might need a CSQ (Which she can obtain while being processed through the federal program). But while we are in this subject why its hard to be in QC? what difficulties you faced there? I didn't stay there much and I need to know what hardship i must prepare my self for.
Spousal sponsorship time depends on your country. CIC intend to process as fast as they can. Some countries need less than 7 month. So it depends. Also, there is no clear answer or evidence to know how many days or month we can stay away from canada while processing spouse pr. Genera rule is to stay inside canada while processing ur spouse PR if you are not a Canadian citizen.

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Missionquebec said:
Thanks. I belive you misunderstood my question. I do know the processing time but my question is about waiting period to sponsor PR. For instance, to get health insurance you have to wait certain period of time in some province.
Likewise, do we need to wait to sponsor spouse? If I reach quebec August 2017, and after receiving PR card around SEPTEMBER 2017, will it be fine to sponsor spouse on September 2017 itself?

Thank you
Hi,

It is not a simple question.

Do you have a CSQ for your spouse?
How are you going to meet Lowest income cuttoff?

I would suggest to go through the following guide
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/guide-sponsor.pdf

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Missionquebec said:

Thank you
From what i understand you can technically sponsor your spouse the very same day you land in QC.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
srm057 said:
Hi,

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/guide-sponsor.pdf
The " Lowest income cuttoff" does not apply if you sponsoring your spouse or dependent child. but proving a financial capability is essential.

D

David83

MWQ said:
I meant to say in Canada, not Quebec, but yes, staying in Quebec is more restrictive job-wise. You will have more opportunities if you consider all Canada. Even then, I've struggled in the last 5 months to find a job. I'm just saying my experience based on my qualifications. Every person is different of course.

My question was this: when you sponsor your spouse, probably you won't be able to bring him/her to Canada, so you will need to stay in Canada for at least 12 months until he/she gets their PR. If you, as a permanent resident, must stay in Canada for at least 12 months before being able to sponsor a spouse, this means you have to wait about 24 months to bring your spouse to Canada. I've delayed my marriage all this time to get my PR to facilitate the process for her, and now I have to wait two more years!!! This is ridiculous.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
MWQ said:
From what i understand you can technically sponsor your spouse the very same day you land in QC.
Thanks. From my extensive search, I also belive that I can sponsor without any waiting period. I do understand the financial requirement. If I show enough money in my canada bank account, will it be fine? Or I must work in canada to sponsor?

Thanks in advance

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
srm057 said:
Hi,

Thank you for information.

Saj123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova scotia/ ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
Med's Request
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
raja06042016 said:
Hi saj123

Did you receive your PPR ?
No PPR yet. Hopefully this week. A friend of mine applied the same day as me got Aor on 27th April. He is in the same situation.