+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
cohenbrother said:
Making an appointment with cic will take longer?
I think so. If you are considering this option, I suggest you contact the CIC (perhaps call them too to check how long it will take).

On that webpage of CIC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22, it says:

"You can make an appointment at one of our offices near where you live in Canada. To do this, contact us by using this Web form.

If your permanent resident visa (or one of your family’s) expires in two months or less, please indicate that you need urgent processing."

drvijayreddepaka

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
code.130 (3112,omnipraticienes et médecins en médecine familiale)
pbzh said:
My return enveloppe got activated!!! It's in Montreal already! So Happy!
COPR Monday 23rd (I hope!) :D
wish you all the Best

Rondo Luo

Mar 5, 2016
Smearingo said:
how?

Do you mean to land by making an appointment with CIC office and validating the CoPR?
Then this is one of the two methods of landing process that CIC suggests. But it is not flagpoling.

The second method of landing is to leave Canada and come back, in airport or at land border Port of Entry.
Only doing that via the land border is considered "flagpoling"--which is not an official term, as figuratively it involves a trip around the flagpole. It is not only for landing, but can also be a method to extend study/work permit, including the application for post-graduation work permit (as I have done before). And as far as I know, it is impossible to "flagpole" at the airport. You can land in an airport at your arrival leg to Canada. (but again, that is not flagpoling).
Yeah that's that I mean

Paul Baker

Jan 22, 2017
Hello,

I have a question RE membership in any organization in the form 5669 (section 9). In USSR when we were in secondary school we would enter a pioneer organization at the age of 9. And we were assumed members of it until USSR collapse in 1991. Do we mentioned this organization?

thanks in advance.

Paul Baker

Jan 22, 2017
Another question is about sequence of the events in our life. Is it ascending or descending? Start from most recent? For instance when we talk about education, work experience or travels?

I would be very grateful for an answer. Thanx in advance.

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
Paul Baker said:
Hello,

I have a question RE membership in any organization in the form 5669 (section 9). In USSR when we were in secondary school we would enter a pioneer organization at the age of 9. And we were assumed members of it until USSR collapse in 1991. Do we mentioned this organization?

thanks in advance.
Hmm I would say yes. I just took a look at Schedule A and how I filled it. Wow, yes, it does ask for list of memberships in one's lifetime (not just that in the past 10 years or since age of 18). I made an exhaustive list of all my memberships in a supplementary sheet that goes back as far as my membership in students' union in secondary school when I was Secondary 1 (equivalent to Grade 7 in Canada). So, yes, I would put everything to avoid any possibility of misrepresentation (in the case of not disclosing any information , however trivial or irrelevant it may sound).

Paul Baker said:
Another question is about sequence of the events in our life. Is it ascending or descending? Start from most recent? For instance when we talk about education, work experience or travels?

I would be very grateful for an answer. Thanx in advance.
I provided mine in reverse chronological order, that is from the most recent to the oldest. But sometimes for overlapping events, this may be a bit troublesome (even if I produced it in ascending order). For instance, I did a lot of things during my study (not just studying, but I was also offered TA-ships, that kind of things, and had some short trips), I put this note in the "activity" column: "See table 8.1 for other activities during the entire period of my study." Accordingly, I created a sub-table in which I listed all those activities during my study. (I think my supplementary sheet is kind of masterpiece---took me some time and efforts to produce :p but compared to FSW, the required materials for QSW are just non-complicated).

Bon courage!

Mary25

Jan 9, 2017
Paul Baker said:
Hello,

thanks in advance.
hello) I think you shouldn't mention it bcs it's not so important for immigration process))) ...I am from Russia and I know what it is Pioneer organisation -)))

vikastoj

Mar 1, 2013
Punjab, India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
BACC-ans (U002)
App. Filed.......
Re-applied in 2 December 2016
Doc's Request.
Landing Fee. 16 March 2017
AOR Received.
23 February 2017
File Transfer...
VO New Delhi 15 March 2017
Med's Request
15-9-2017
Med's Done....
16-9-2017
alemom said:
Hi @vikastoj,
As I told before, the data sheet I made is (I think because nobody said otherwise) for QSW - inland applicants only, because was my interest (I'm and QSW inland applicant). The reason is that this way we can compare the delay times in the same VO (visa offices, Sydney or Ottawa). I assume that for foreign VO, the time won't be the same. But I propose you the same I did before, to open a new sheet in the same file and copy the data of the New Delhi, and if from other VO open another and so on, so you can have the info for each one.

I propose you this, I just made a copy of the info of your same VO (New Delhi right?) from this document that @pareshprince made (here is the table @pareshprince updates, but I think is QSW but all together, inland, foreign, etc), and is View Only:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oR-cPqNyPF0a6ZQea9WLycUdnZ_QqosuIdhZATf7AYw/edit#gid=683654291

And here you have what I think is just New Delhi VO users (copied info from @pareshprince table).
Is a new TAB in the same document where I did the Inland Applicants, but you can see the new TAB says QSW VO New Delhi.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kdzo2tA_6HiILyuHtDsYtVajswDvHYTUiEFlFM1b28/edit#gid=1036764592

Now you have to do the following, and update it!
Good luck!

Edited:
In my humble opinion, is needed more information to have and an idea of what is happening (like with the Inland case).
For the PPR at the beginning of last year (too few cases) it was taking like 200 days from AOR to the PPR (3 to 4 cases close to that number of days and 2 close to 65 days).
Regarding the reception of the AOR, looks like at the end of November of last year they began to send the AOR like 4 months after (delays of 110-135 days between App Filed and AOR).

In your case, looks like you'll be receiving your AOR by the end of March, but is just a possibility!

Whoever is interested, must search for more info, or ask the people so the blanks can be filled up.
THanks for the details i will surely update the details.

PPRVSR

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Hi,

I have sent my passport on Jan 12th still waiting, my envelope is not activated as i see cohenbrother and others who sent on same time envelope has been activated.

Can you tell when my envelope will be activated

Thanks

marcomcarneiro

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Passport Req..
11-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
PPRVSR said:
Hi,

I have sent my passport on Jan 12th still waiting, my envelope is not activated as i see cohenbrother and others who sent on same time envelope has been activated.

Can you tell when my envelope will be activated

Thanks
Same boat here, PPRVSR. I've registered the tracking code of my return envelope at the canadapost site so I'll get an email notification when it is activated. As of timeframe, I would think it depends on case and amount of work they have, since there are 4-5 ppl on the forum who have sent the envelopes on the exact same day but some have had it already processed.
It's waiting time :)

Good luck (to all of us)

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello All -

I am expecting my AOR in next few days and I wish to update my immigration file with PCC and corrected CSQ of my wife as soon as I receive AOR to avoid delays in file processing.

I heard today that there is few days time lag between AOR and transfer of file to Ottawa

How much time does CIC takes between AOR and Transfer of file to Ottawa office?

If it's couple of days then I will wait for file transfer to ottawa. If it's weeks then I will send documents to Sydney.

Thanks in advance !!

PPRVSR

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Thanks, Do you know how much time will it take for inland applicants to receive back passport from the date of send

Ya it depends case to case but an average time

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
marcomcarneiro said:
Same boat here, PPRVSR. I've registered the tracking code of my return envelope at the Canada post site so I'll get an email notification when it is activated. As of timeframe, I would think it depends on case and amount of work they have, since there are 4-5 ppl on the forum who have sent the envelopes on the exact same day but some have had it already processed.
It's waiting time :)

Good luck (to all of us)
Same boat, I sent on January 6th but I have no clue about my express envelope....
Counting every minute ...
Please, guys, keep us updated

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
BREAKING: my CoPR just arrived in mailbox!
The CoPR comes with two copies--one with the newly provided photo attached, the other without.
Do not sign any of them until told to so do by a Canadian border services officer or immigration offer.

there is an expiry date: mine is the same as one year after the medical exam results were sent (I heard that it can be the expiry date of your passport, whichever is earlier -- but passport has to be valid for at least 6 months when you land).

no clear instructions concerning what items to carry during landing. But it says that
"If you plan to settle in the province of Quebec, you must be in possession of a Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ) that was valid on the date the Permanent Resident Visa was issued." (my CSQ is still valid, but guess what? I am from visa-exempt country, there is no PR visa for me indeed--I only enclosed photocopy of passport)

@alemom I wanna share this with you concerning medical information, but you will see it in your CoPR return package soon:
"New immigrants may not be eligible for public health for up to three months after arrival." (i think this refers to the 3-month processing time in RMAQ).

Tomorrow is the big day! My trip will involves a tour in Ben & Jerry's Factory, a half-day ski trip in Mad River Glen, and a visit to Burlington VT, and then LANDING in Lacolle. I will depart with my PGWP and come back as a PR!!!

and now I looked at the envelope: first, for those who are waiting for PPR or are on the way of getting it later, you can actually purchase the standard (small) Xpresspost envelope for this matter. It works just fine.
And CIC's instruction asks us not to fill in our address on the envelope. I think it doesn't matter: there will be stickers for sender's (CIC) and receiver's (our) address affixed to the envelope.

I think I will scan the CoPR before I land. but the CoPR is not standard US-letter or A4 size. It's strangely long (am worrying now about the trouble for any future need to scan it after it's validated).

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Smearingo said:
BREAKING: my CoPR just arrived in mailbox!
The CoPR comes with two copies--one with the newly provided photo attached, the other without.
Do not sign any of them until told to so do by a Canadian border services officer or immigration offer.

there is an expiry date: mine is the same as one year after the medical exam results were sent (I heard that it can be the expiry date of your passport, whichever is earlier -- but passport has to be valid for at least 6 months when you land).

no clear instructions concerning what items to carry during landing. But it says that
"If you plan to settle in the province of Quebec, you must be in possession of a Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ) that was valid on the date the Permanent Resident Visa was issued." (my CSQ is still valid, but guess what? I am from visa-exempt country, there is no PR visa for me indeed--I only enclosed photocopy of passport)

@alemom I wanna share this with you concerning medical information, but you will see it in your CoPR return package soon:
"New immigrants may not be eligible for public health for up to three months after arrival." (i think this refers to the 3-month processing time in RMAQ).

Tomorrow is the big day! My trip will involves a tour in Ben & Jerry's Factory, a half-day ski trip in Mad River Glen, and a visit to Burlington VT, and then LANDING in Lacolle. I will depart with my PGWP and come back as a PR!!!

and now I looked at the envelope: first, for those who are waiting for PPR or are on the way of getting it later, you can actually purchase the standard (small) Xpresspost envelope for this matter. It works just fine.
And CIC's instruction asks us not to fill in our address on the envelope. I think it doesn't matter: there will be stickers for sender's (CIC) and receiver's (our) address affixed to the envelope.

I think I will scan the CoPR before I land. but the CoPR is not standard US-letter or A4 size. It's strangely long (am worrying now about the trouble for any future need to scan it after it's validated).
My canada post is not showing out for delivery. Did you check your tracking number?