- May 17, 2016
- Visa Office......
- Sydney, NS / Ottawa
- Job Offer........
- App. Filed.......
- 04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
- Doc's Request.
- 21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
- CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
- AOR Received.
- Med's Request
- Med's Done....
- 04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
- Passport Req..
- 05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
- VISA ISSUED...
- Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
Hihazel15 said:Hi guys, do you need a US visa to do the landing? Or you don't need to cross the US border at all?
assuming that you need a US visa to enter the US:
Technically, for just the landing process by what is known as "flagpoling", you do not need a US visa (because you will not enter the US by the very strict idea of flagpoling). However, in this case, you will have to tell the US Customs/Border Patrol Officer at the border that you are not intending to enter the US but to flagpole. They will give you a refusal of entry notice. You carry it back to the Canadian Port of Entry for the landing process.
What I plan to do is to travel for a day trip (I have a valid US B1/B2 visa) and land on my way back 8)