+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hello everyone, I have a question about when exactly do you consider the PR application as successful.
I am asking this because my work permit is going to expire in 4 months, judging by how things are going, there is a small chance I will get my PR before my work permit expires—in which case, I won't apply for a work permit renewal. So I am trying to understand when do you consider your PR application successfully. Is it when you get the PR card? or When you get CoPR? Thanks, sorry if this sounds like a dump question.
hELLO,
I agree with Thursty9 , and I had a friend in the same position and recommended her the same. At least you can start the application for the extension 3 months in advance the date of expiration. If your PR gets first, you can cancel that application and that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ValeriaS

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
I am in this spot and applied for a bridging open work permit which is taking around 4 months. So it’s probably best to not rely on PR processing and make sure you’re covered. It feels futile to have options that take just as long as other options, but at least if you get the app in, it’ll approve a mini extension on your current wp and working conditions (same employer, etc) for at least a few months while they process the application. If you extend a closed permit the typical way, it seems the process is still 3 weeks or less for approval. Good luck!!
I applied for CWP extension with the same employer in the end September and I got it in the beginning of February. 4 months.

Delays are everywhere…

But yes, I also suggest to apply for any kind of WP.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
hELLO,
I agree with Valeria, and I had a friend in the same position and recommended her the same. At least you can start the application for the extension 3 months in advance the date of expiration. If your PR gets first, you can cancel that application and that's all.
Hey! I thought about you the other day, how is your application going?

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hey! I thought about you the other day, how is your application going?
I am getting anxious... I passed the medical the 25th of December, background check is in progress. They are also checking my latest document (Australian background check) since the 14th December.
I guess it is just waiting... but I want some signal that is going somewhere..

Reactions: adam10

adam10

Aug 25, 2018
Did you have medical before?
It can follow after they will check your additional documents:)
No medicals done before, I think you’re right they will ask for them after finishing this step. It’s crazy that I already received pre arrival back in March 2020 and already submitted these same documents before. I’m assuming this is because they stopped processing Outlands and now they’re back they need updated documents.

do you have an idea how long will it take from this step to DM or PPR? I noticed it’s the London,UK visa office that sent the request!

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Update on my end. Medical requests for me and my partner received today. The appointments are booked for Friday and Saturday respectively.

The receptionist pushed for me to take the appointments right away as she mentioned there’s a surge in requests for medical exams, so it seems things are moving at least a bit.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Update on my end. Medical requests for me and my partner received today. The appointments are booked for Friday and Saturday respectively.

The receptionist pushed for me to take the appointments right away as she mentioned there’s a surge in requests for medical exams, so it seems things are moving at least a bit.
Can I ask you where are you booking for the appointments? I received medical exam request for my partner today too.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I heard lots of people go to "Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec CMIPA, Montréal " for their medical exams? Do you have any experience with them? how long do they take to send the results?

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
I heard lots of people go to "Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec CMIPA, Montréal " for their medical exams? Do you have any experience with them? how long do they take to send the results?
This is where I’ll be going. Will update you on how it all goes.

Reactions: LOLR1

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Oh I am finishing release for my website now, it it will be possible there to write feedbacks about clinics.
I think it will be available in the end of the week, so in future people will know where to go to get better service :)

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
No medicals done before, I think you’re right they will ask for them after finishing this step. It’s crazy that I already received pre arrival back in March 2020 and already submitted these same documents before. I’m assuming this is because they stopped processing Outlands and now they’re back they need updated documents.

do you have an idea how long will it take from this step to DM or PPR? I noticed it’s the London,UK visa office that sent the request!
It weird how people get pre-arrival before medical…

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
It weird how people get pre-arrival before medical…
Lot of medicals being sent out after PAL.

Worst is no AOR even after PAL and medical passed for one individual and the guys got to apply for bowp in May as his current one expires in August.

Anyone knows if you can apply for bowp with PAL and no official AOR. I have asked him to send a webform for official AOR.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec

Worst is no AOR even after PAL and medical passed for one individual and the guys got to apply for bowp in May as his current one expires in August.

Anyone knows if you can apply for bowp with PAL and no official AOR. I have asked him to send a webform for official AOR.
I looked at my pre-arrival and they don’t even put EP number there, just UCI :(

Reactions: LOLR1

RISHAVISH

Dec 10, 2021

Hello guys,

Any progress for outlanders. Any outlanders from 2020 who received any AOR recently. Now a days they relaxed travel restrictions, but still no progress
for outlanders.