+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ronnyvisa

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Does anybody know how long is the wait between eCOPR and receiving the PR card?
Asking because I am traveling outside Canada for a week end of January, and I should get a Decision Made soon on my PR... (Applied Sept 2020)

Thank you!
Please update or share timeline if possible.

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Asking because I am traveling outside Canada for a week end of January, and I should get a Decision Made soon on my PR... (Applied Sept 2020)

Thank you!
What was the last step you did? Some July and August Applicants haven't heard back from IRCC regard eCOPR, so I would say don't get straight ahead of yourself, and if possible postpone your plans of traveling outside 'til you've receive your card.

SSeeker

Oct 6, 2021
What was the last step you did? Some July and August Applicants haven't heard back from IRCC regard eCOPR, so I would say don't get straight ahead of yourself, and if possible postpone your plans of traveling outside 'til you've receive your card.
Already got LSAA/Medicals done/biometrics not needed, just uploaded my police certificate which I hope they'll accept by end of the week. That should have been the last step.

ronnyvisa

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Already got LSAA/Medicals done/biometrics not needed, just uploaded my police certificate which I hope they'll accept by end of the week. That should have been the last step.
My medical was done 2 months ago, Pre arrival received at same, submitted PCC more than 1 months ago but no response.

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Long wait's almost over, and I would highly suggest waiting 'til you've received your PR card then you can travel.

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
I received eCoPR on Dec 11. Now waiting for PR card.

I guess receiving a pdf document with out photo and an officer digital sign on client copy is the end of the process. Correct me If I am wrong.

few questions running in my head,

1. What happens to existing VISA?
2. What happens to existing work permit, study permit?
3. What happens to employer offer which was issued based on work permit? Do we need to ask employer to issue another offer based on new immigration status?
4. Apart from applying for the SIN and share the SIN with employer, bank and apply for the new health card..... What else is the mandatory steps after receiving eCoPR?
5. How can we declare the foreign assets with CRA now?
6. Does eCoPR impact the kids English school eligibility in Quebec?
TTBOMK, (1 and 2) PR cancels out any other immigration status (Visa, Work or study permits). 3. You just inform your employer of your immigration status change and provide them with your new SIN. As for the 6th question, not sure, but check this out: Access to English Schools in Quebec | Éducaloi (educaloi.qc.ca).

Reactions: rutils

apn2022

Nov 20, 2021
I received eCoPR on Dec 11. Now waiting for PR card.

I guess receiving a pdf document with out photo and an officer digital sign on client copy is the end of the process. Correct me If I am wrong.

few questions running in my head,

1. What happens to existing VISA?
2. What happens to existing work permit, study permit?
3. What happens to employer offer which was issued based on work permit? Do we need to ask employer to issue another offer based on new immigration status?
4. Apart from applying for the SIN and share the SIN with employer, bank and apply for the new health card..... What else is the mandatory steps after receiving eCoPR?
5. How can we declare the foreign assets with CRA now?
6. Does eCoPR impact the kids English school eligibility in Quebec?
Kids English school eligibility in Quebec: Forget after the eCOPR, excluding the exceptional circumstances and cases. You will have to arrange to send your kids to a French public school. Otherwise, you may send them to an English Private school.
In fact, as soon as you obtained CSQ you are not issued a new/ renewed English eligibility certificate for kids education in QUEBEC, excluding some exceptional cases.

Reactions: rutils

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Yeah, I know that English school it's either private OR one of parents should have English as a first language and maybe some of grandparents too. I remember I read that you need to prove that all your family spoke English for decades :D

hhrb

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
This process is driving me crazy! This medical results delay is unreasonable. I called them a couple of days ago; the agent told me that my wife and daughter passed, but mine hasn't been checked yet, and that "I don't have to worry, I just have to wait!". I really don't like to keep complaining, but I haven't seen any case where someone waited more than a month to get their MR.

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
Yeah, I know that English school it's either private OR one of parents should have English as a first language and maybe some of grandparents too. I remember I read that you need to prove that all your family spoke English for decades :D
This becomes a major issue in my case. I guess private school is very expensive in Montreal.... so other option is to move out of Quebec?

How does moving out of Quebec will impact the PR?

EliN2021

Feb 9, 2021
Hi guys !
I submitted my 2nd portal info on December 3rd but haven’t refeibed my ecopr yet… I am starting to get worried as I am in the process of changing jobs. Anybody has tips on what to do ?

RISHAVISH

Dec 10, 2021
If any quebec outland applicant with CSQ received their file number or medical request or biometric recently..Please let us know their timelines.

fyt724

Jul 2, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW

Thank you!
I got my eCoPR on Nov.29, and I'm waiting for PR card.

From the cic processing time website, time for getting the PR card is around 56 days. As the Christmas is coming I think it should be longer than normal for now.

However I had a friend who got its PR card 2 weeks after getting the portal 2 email, so I don't know.

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
This process is driving me crazy! This medical results delay is unreasonable. I called them a couple of days ago; the agent told me that my wife and daughter passed, but mine hasn't been checked yet, and that "I don't have to worry, I just have to wait!". I really don't like to keep complaining, but I haven't seen any case where someone waited more than a month to get their MR.
It took me ten business days for them to see that my step children had never been through a medical exam and finally request their medical. I wouldn't be surprised if they requested me to go through a new one since the last one I had was in 2016 so...

Reactions: hhrb