+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mrlook

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
It is slow but moving. I think it is about 12-14 months to get the AOR for inlands.

Reactions: Rumman

a nervous applicant

Aug 9, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
19-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2021
Med's Request
09-04-2021
Med's Done....
12-04-2021
LANDED..........
03-08-2021
It is slow but moving. I think it is about 12-14 months to get the AOR for inlands.
I am inland and got mine after 16 months! (October 2019-March 2021). I think the fact that IRCC is working on Saturdays (my eCAS was updated last Saturday) is a sign that they are trying to make things faster for everyone though, in addition to the public outcry at the moment as well.

Reactions: Rumman

Rumman

May 3, 2017
I am inland and got mine after 16 months! (October 2019-March 2021). I think the fact that IRCC is working on Saturdays (my eCAS was updated last Saturday) is a sign that they are trying to make things faster for everyone though, in addition to the public outcry at the moment as well.
No. I think the system keeps the updates in a pipeline and then the system updates automatically even on Saturdays and Sundays.

adam10

Aug 25, 2018
Why do different PR programs take different time at the federal level? I previously thought that once you’re at the federal level the process is independent from the province.

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
It seems all IRCC efforts are focused on the new pathway of TR to PR (90,000). They might have allocated QC stream resources to the new program if the QC Quota is already reached to its limit. Otherwise we would see fast processing after the recent reopening.

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hopefully some useful advice for anyone still debating if they should switch to EE, or what to do with their PR application. This is from my own experience, and I might be too biased - but I will only state facts and hopefully help some people decide if they should move out of QC.

I would definitely not count on Quebec to speed up anything. Using past data to predict future data, processing times have only been getting worse and worse. Bill 9 (for CSQ) was supposedly to speed up their CSQ processes (quoting the amazing ex-immigration minister jolin-barrette here). A few weeks/months later, processing times got even worse and more measures were put in place to slow things down and create confusion. Do not believe what the politics say on TV or cicnews - they HAVE to put on a show and pretend to be good people. Have you ever hear a QC politician say "we don't want immigrants here so we make up rules to slow things down"? No, and you never will. What we did hear though from the PM is "there is no systemic racism in QC" - very far from the truth.

The first thing the CAQ party did when they got elected is create all these immigration loopholes. It does seem they are likely to get reelected post COVID, and I would not be surprised if they either come up with new rules, or get so overconfident that they slow their processes even more, and start 'losing' people's documents in the mail and ask them to reapply. I'll never forget Bill 9 and the PEQ reform. They are totally ok throwing your life out the window, just keep that in mind. Also, remember, every application is another couple $100 down their pockets, so they have all incentives to reject and ask to reapply.

I went through A LOT with Quebec immigration, it's been a 2 years long nightmare. and for the last couple of months I've done everything I could to move to ON. I am close to doing that now, and seeing people waiting for their PR for 2 to 3 years just makes me sad. Why make yourself go through this?
Change jobs, take a pay cut temporarily, just find a way...
To me, it's 100% worth it to get your PR in 6 months - vs waiting 2-3 years in QC completely in the dark, with the CONSTANT risk they come up with new stuff to close your file or change the rules during the game after they get reelected. It is morally costly, and how can you be successful in your career when dealing with this fear every day...

Anyways just my 2 cents to hopefully help people make their decisions. I don't have any political affiliation whatsoever. I just suffered a lot b/c of QC immigration, and I will help as much as possible avoid other honest hardworking people to get their lives messed up by a dishonest system.

LeonKennie

Nov 1, 2020
hi, does anyone how long it takes to receive reply from cic about portal mail. I've been waiting for a month. and i requested gcsm notes. it clearly shows in the "COPR" bar that they have received my reply. are they not replying on purpose

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
It seems all IRCC efforts are focused on the new pathway of TR to PR (90,000). They might have allocated QC stream resources to the new program if the QC Quota is already reached to its limit. Otherwise we would see fast processing after the recent reopening.
From which source do you say the QC Quota is already reached its limit? I see every single day a new COPR and continuing seeing AOR almost every week.

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
From which source do you say the QC Quota is already reached its limit? I see every single day a new COPR and continuing seeing AOR almost every week.
No source, just my opinion by looking at the slow trend of AORs compared to early this year. There would be an explosion of AORs given the ease of restrictions and reopening if there is was no Quota limit. On the other hand, If you look at the TR to PR thread in this forum, you ll find fast progress and folks are getting responses in less than 3 months since the program started. For us its a year and no AOR.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
No source, just my opinion by looking at the slow trend of AORs compared to early this year. There would be an explosion of AORs given the ease of restrictions and reopening if there is was no Quota limit. On the other hand, If you look at the TR to PR thread in this forum, you ll find fast progress and folks are getting responses in less than 3 months since the program started. For us its a year and no AOR.
Agree. My assumption is August/September 2020 would be the last AOR this year. Besides quota it's IRCC sluggish approach towards QSWP.
Remember transitional owp approved by Quebec 2 months back - No news yet. IRCC is deliberately mistreating Quebec applicants.

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
Agree. My assumption is August/September 2020 would be the last AOR this year. Besides quota it's IRCC sluggish approach towards QSWP.
Remember transitional owp approved by Quebec 2 months back - No news yet. IRCC is deliberately mistreating Quebec applicants.
One can understand the priority and importance of QSWP folks from the fact that QSWP TR to PR guys count months and years at the federal stage, whereas others, for instance, new pathway TR to PR guys count timestamps for the same process.

Nikos1978

Jan 8, 2020
Quebec - Quebec City
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
AOR Received.
12-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
01-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2021
The annual quota is far from beeing reached, no problem with that.
The AOR delay is about 14 months for inland.
In my case I should receive it by the end of August.

Reactions: a nervous applicant