+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
When will outland applicants start receiving Medical Exams??????? i am sick of this process!!!! I am a December 2018 applicant, already received pre arrival letter in March 2020 bust still i am waiting for the medical.. Any hopes for this year? I need to plan my life. It's been 8 years already when i first applied for Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
I am in the same situation with you.
As long as there are no travel restrictions in place for CoPR holders, I think there are no limitations left for IRCC to work on our files. They should finalize our applications within 2021.

My file is reached to IRCC at the first week of January, 2019 and I’ve applied for CSQ on October, 2014.
Single applicant and holding bachelors + master degree in computer and software engineering. No employment problem at all.

Reactions: adam10

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Received my notes and it shows application status “prospective” and only “Criminality in progress”. Application received July 2020.
The Fee section shows Outstanding against each required fee, though I have paid the right fee and have submitted the receipt along with application. Do they update the fee later during the process?

Did anyone receive notes recently? would appreciate if can share the fee status in your notes.
I received my notes about 1.5 - 2 months ago and I had exactly the same remarks. After that I had called to ask about the payments and a rude agent told me that as far as he can see there is no request for fees and if they need something they will contact me. A few weeks ago I called again and a kind agent this time told me that the fees are reserved, without asking about them, also he told me that the criminality had started since November, when I received the XEP. So, as the first one couldn't see anything about the fees, I suppose that after that call the fees were reserved, which means they do some work on the file.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

(IRCC) has put in place a temporary public policy (until December 28, 2021) that exempts some low-risk, in-Canada foreign nationals from having to complete an additional immigration medical exam.

Which means (I hope): Things can speed up if some ppl won't need to go through a medical exam.
So my question in this case is, as i fulfill 2 of the 3 terms, shall I do medical exams, for work permit for example?

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
For sure.
I am sure almost all in-lands did their medical for previous documents. (I did it for a work permit, for example).
Invitation to medical -> Medical exam -> Procesoong results - Sometimes it can take up to a month or more, so this time will be removed now from the timeline for some ppl and IRCC in general.

But (it's always but for IRCC) you won't need to go to a medical exam if your medical exam is scheduled in 2021. If your exam is projected to 2022, you will go. That's what I understood.
In QC where we wait for PR 2-3 years, it's not a big help though. "Temporary" policy.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

(IRCC) has put in place a temporary public policy (until December 28, 2021) that exempts some low-risk, in-Canada foreign nationals from having to complete an additional immigration medical exam.

Which means (I hope): Things can speed up if some ppl won't need to go through a medical exam.
Will this policy applicable for applicants who never had medical exam and living in QC on work permit?

Nikos1978

Jan 8, 2020
Quebec - Quebec City
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
AOR Received.
12-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
01-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2021
Today it's been one year IRCC received my application. To celebrate that I asked for ATIP notes...

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
I received my notes about 1.5 - 2 months ago and I had exactly the same remarks. After that I had called to ask about the payments and a rude agent told me that as far as he can see there is no request for fees and if they need something they will contact me. A few weeks ago I called again and a kind agent this time told me that the fees are reserved, without asking about them, also he told me that the criminality had started since November, when I received the XEP. So, as the first one couldn't see anything about the fees, I suppose that after that call the fees were reserved, which means they do some work on the file.
So the fee will be updated once they start final processing?
btw it seems they have also done some sort of background processing, which I can see in the " ASSOCIATIONS sub-section ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES" and "GROUP NAME" section of my notes. In one of the ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES entries, I see " Name: QSW - AOR LETTER SENT" What does this mean? Do you also have similar entries?
I think the "GROUP NAME" section entries might be for the verification from the employer. I need to thoroughly understand the notes though.

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
For sure.
I am sure almost all in-lands did their medical for previous documents. (I did it for a work permit, for example).
Invitation to medical -> Medical exam -> Procesoong results - Sometimes it can take up to a month or more, so this time will be removed now from the timeline for some ppl and IRCC in general.

But (it's always but for IRCC) you won't need to go to a medical exam if your medical exam is scheduled in 2021. If your exam is projected to 2022, you will go. That's what I understood.
In QC where we wait for PR 2-3 years, it's not a big help though. "Temporary" policy.
So this means that for inland applications after AOR, it will be directly decision made, right? If someone is exempt from medicals, is there any step in between AOR and decision made?

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
So this means that for inland applications after AOR, it will be directly decision made, right? If someone is exempt from medicals, is there any step in between AOR and decision made?
Pre-arrival letter and decision made, I guess.
I sent web form with my UMI from previous medical just in case.

Reactions: DAS_1

thega

Mar 12, 2021
So the fee will be updated once they start final processing?
btw it seems they have also done some sort of background processing, which I can see in the " ASSOCIATIONS sub-section ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES" and "GROUP NAME" section of my notes. In one of the ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES entries, I see " Name: QSW - AOR LETTER SENT" What does this mean? Do you also have similar entries?
I think the "GROUP NAME" section entries might be for the verification from the employer. I need to thoroughly understand the notes though.
Ok so they verify employers in the background check? I worked for some companies for only a few days in my country, temporary work, I added those experiences because it was in the 10 year timeframe. I worked for those companies through a Job agency. The job agency doesn't exist no more and I'm certain the employers don't know me it was in 2012, new management, etc. Hope it is not a issue.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
So I follow this group (like many of you I guess) and I decided to check overall stats.
And I guess we are correct in the assumption that amount of applications in 2020 are not that big compared to 2018 and 2019.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Ok so they verify employers in the background check? I worked for some companies for only a few days in my country, temporary work, I added those experiences because it was in the 10 year timeframe. I worked for those companies through a Job agency. The job agency doesn't exist no more and I'm certain the employers don't know me it was in 2012, new management, etc. Hope it is not a issue.
Don't worry, I don't think that it will be an issue. We are not even sure that “group check” it’s employment check.