+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for the share.
These recommendations have been going around for a month from different quarters but when do they come in force, that's what people are anxious about. Covid seems a little problem infront of what QSWP applicants are being subjected to by IRCC and Quebec government.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Thanks for the share.
These recommendations have been going around for a month from different quarters but when do they come in force, that's what people are anxious about. Covid seems a little problem infront of what QSWP applicants are being subjected to by IRCC and Quebec government.
All these talks give me false hope that I can wait for my AR in 2021, but I doubt that anyway :D

Saddamjit

Jul 27, 2019
If everything goes utmost well, you can get your PR within 16 months after your application date in the best case. But on average (for %80 of the applicants) this is 21 months.

There are 2 stages of Quebec applications.

1- Obtaining CSQ from Quebec (which took 3 years for you -for me, it took 4 years.)
2 - Obtaining PR from Federal (around 21 months waiting after application to federal)

Having CSQ is nothing actually, all of us are having CSQs here but waiting for Federal to issue our PRs, unfortunately.
Thanks. Now I have an account at Canadian immigration website, and it shows progress bar at 65%. Any estimate that when I will get the medical request.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
A friend of mine from Dec 2019 got PR 2 weeks ago. My guess is that they are pulling applications completely random.

Last edited:

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the share.
Creating an Immigration Ombudsperson - I like this recommendation, it can fill the lack of commination between applicants and immigration.

Reactions: Immstu

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
A friend of mine from Dec 2019 got PR 2 weeks ago. My guess is that they are pulling applications completely random.
Yeah. According to FB groups, ppl from the second half of 2019 are getting documents, but it's without any order - August, September, December, November :/

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Atleast give us our OFFICIAL AOR, even though we would have to wait 27 months, atleast that, it tells us that our Application is complete. Not just stuck with an XEP number.. I think the Open Work Permit for Quebec will be issued first, I'm not sure when, hopefully next month.

Reactions: DAS_1

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Atleast give us our OFFICIAL AOR, even though we would have to wait 27 months, atleast that, it tells us that our Application is complete. Not just stuck with an XEP number.. I think the Open Work Permit for Quebec will be issued first, I'm not sure when, hopefully next month.
Not sure but doubt if they would issue bowp on XEP number. They should issue it to one and all irrespectively.

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Will it be given automatically or should we apply for it.
my understanding is that if we get open workpermit , we can change employer without actually imapcing our PR process ...is that roght ?

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Will it be given automatically or should we apply for it.
my understanding is that if we get open workpermit , we can change employer without actually imapcing our PR process ...is that roght ?
It how open work permit works, yes.
However I worry about my RAMQ. If open work permit will cancel my eligibility to have RAMQ, I will prefer to renew my closed work permit with current employer.

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Not sure but doubt if they would issue bowp on XEP number. They should issue it to one and all irrespectively.
The Open Work Permit should be issued to all applicants who want it. I'm guessing the requirements will be: Have valid CSQ, have a valid status(worker visitor, implied) in Canada and you should have applied for PR. I think it is those 3 requirements atleast, dunno if there will be more or perhaps they might just give it to people who are currently working only

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
The Open Work Permit should be issued to all applicants who want it. I'm guessing the requirements will be: Have valid CSQ, have a valid status(worker visitor, implied) in Canada and you should have applied for PR. I think it is those 3 requirements atleast, dunno if there will be more or perhaps they might just give it to people who are currently working only
My assumption was based on the fact that in other provinces it's given after AR only. What you say sounds logical but Quebec has to provide the preconditions to IRCC for this BOWP and then it would be implemented by IRCC.
Let's hope for the best.