+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi guys. I'm a little confused on something. I applied for the federal stage in May 2019 but have been living with my partner (Canadian) for a year after October 2019. I just became aware that this makes us common law. Do I need to declare this to Ircc? Or is it just for marriages? My partner is a Canadian citizen and this isn't a sponsorship application.

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Hi guys. I'm a little confused on something. I applied for the federal stage in May 2019 but have been living with my partner (Canadian) for a year after October 2019. I just became aware that this makes us common law. Do I need to declare this to Ircc? Or is it just for marriages? My partner is a Canadian citizen and this isn't a sponsorship application.
IMO it should not be necessary and it doesn't have any benefits. Since it is not a sponsorship application, this will not help you in any way, unless you want to switch to a sponsorship application for some reason. If I were you, I'd just file my taxes separately and not do anything legal with my partner before receiving the PR.

Again, this sounds like one of those cases where common sense and law might make different suggestions. I'd suggest you to either call the IRCC and ask them or to get in touch with a lawyer. There are lawyers/consultants that offer free consulting for 15-30 minutes. Even if they charge you for it, at least you'll get a concrete answer.

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
IMO it should not be necessary and it doesn't have any benefits. Since it is not a sponsorship application, this will not help you in any way, unless you want to switch to a sponsorship application for some reason. If I were you, I'd just file my taxes separately and not do anything legal with my partner before receiving the PR.

Again, this sounds like one of those cases where common sense and law might make different suggestions. I'd suggest you to either call the IRCC and ask them or to get in touch with a lawyer. There are lawyers/consultants that offer free consulting for 15-30 minutes. Even if they charge you for it, at least you'll get a concrete answer.
I submitted a webform to inform them. I decided it's best to be upfront with them. I haven't lied or misrepresented anything and don't want to. If they decide it's irrelevant, good. If it delays my application, at least I haven't willingly witheld info from them.I basically saw a post on the facebook group by someone who said he added his spouse when they became common law and that never even occurred to me as something that needed to be done before.

Reactions: NaughtyGoodman

UAEAbudhabi2019

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16/03/2014
Doc's Request.
22/05/2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
03-02-2021
File Transfer...
27-05-2021
Med's Request
14-12-2021
Med's Done....
15-12-2021
Passport Req..
14-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
congratulations!! can you link it to see the estimated completion date?
Yes I was able to link it today. However, I can not see the progress bar. :D Will try to navigate my account.

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Is it just me or is the webform not allowing uploads right now? Everytime I click upload documents, it says:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Thinking aloud, I have one more theory: inland applicants who will lose their status within the next few months are prioritized. I have a friend whose permit was going to expire in Jan 2021 (single, French national) and surprisingly they got their PR in Dec 2020.
Afternoon Greetings.

To inject poisonous syringe to this theory, Say, folks who are & will be applying for newly announced PGWP extension would face slower processing of their ongoing QSWP application then.??:rolleyes:
:eek:

Say, a new fear has unlocked for me then.

Farewell.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020
Just applied for the new PGWP extension under the new public policy!

My PGWP expired in August 2020. I'm currently working with a closed work permit which will expire August 2021. Just spoke with an agent at IRCC to confirm that I could get this extension while holding a valid closed work permit and was told it was OK as long as I have the PGWP that expired after January 2020.
@ofranz. There is a letter which needs to be uploaded as well which says I'm applying under public policy. Did you uploaded that letter? and which field in the document checklist we can add it?

Thank You

Dec 28, 2020
USA
Category........
QSW
I just got my CoPR in my email!!!!

Date Received: July 6th, 2018
Date Submitted: September 30th, 2018
Medical Request: November 12th, 2019
Medical Approved: November 16th, 2019
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services: November 27th, 2019
Ghost Update: early February 2020
Decision Made: mid-March 2020
CoPR: February 4th, 2021

Emoz

Star Member
May 1, 2020
I just got my CoPR in my email!!!!

Date Received: July 6th, 2018
Date Submitted: September 30th, 2018
Medical Request: November 12th, 2019
Medical Approved: November 16th, 2019
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services: November 27th, 2019
Ghost Update: early February 2020
Decision Made: mid-March 2020
CoPR: February 4th, 2021
Congratulation
Are you inland or outland please?

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Congratulation
Are you inland or outland please?
Only inland can get copr now. One of my friends got copr 2days ago, she is outland now but didn't change the address, work visa expired.
She emailed cic to ask how can she visit Canada without any visa.
Well, Well. Her COPR was revoked immidiately. because she is outland now.
She is facing PPR or ADR.

Italy

May 23, 2020
Only inland can get copr now. One of my friends got copr 2days ago, she is outland now but didn't change the address, work visa expired.
She emailed cic to ask how can she visit Canada without any visa.
Well, Well. Her COPR was revoked immidiately. because she is outland now.
She is facing PPR or ADR.
Isn't the COPR a valid document to enter Canada, both if you are inland and outland?
Or is the COPR sent to your address and not via email?