+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dimpookguide

Dec 25, 2020
If you used a certified translator to get the translation, they must've included a copy of the or,iginal document with the translation. This copy usually includes a stamp on it saying "this is a true copy".

I think you should send them a web form with a scan of the certified copy of the document. If you're very worried, you can try calling them and asking them what your next step should be. I usually prefer web forms as it results in proof that you communicated with them.
Hi @NaughtyGoodman. Thank you so much for your response.

Yes I did use a certified translator - a member of the OTTIAQ with good standing. The guy did include a copy of the document along with the translation, on which there is a stamp. But that's his stamp, which has his name, OTTIAQ member ID, as well as the word "Certified Translator", and that's it. There is nothing indicating that the copy is a true copy or anything like that.

I called them today but I was overwhelmed by the amount of automated voice messages there, and I never found a way to speak to an actual person. Then later I submitted a web form enquiry regarding my situation. My file has just been delivered to CIO in Sydney, NS today. And I am therefore looking forward to their response.

Given that the entire application is supposed to be paper based, I wonder if I should just send them a scan...

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Hi @NaughtyGoodman. Thank you so much for your response.

Yes I did use a certified translator - a member of the OTTIAQ with good standing. The guy did include a copy of the document along with the translation, on which there is a stamp. But that's his stamp, which has his name, OTTIAQ member ID, as well as the word "Certified Translator", and that's it. There is nothing indicating that the copy is a true copy or anything like that.

I called them today but I was overwhelmed by the amount of automated voice messages there, and I never found a way to speak to an actual person. Then later I submitted a web form enquiry regarding my situation. My file has just been delivered to CIO in Sydney, NS today. And I am therefore looking forward to their response.

Given that the entire application is supposed to be paper based, I wonder if I should just send them a scan...
In that case, you can send them a scan and also indicate that you're sending a physical copy. When you send the physical copy, include a letter explaining why you're sending that document and specify your UCI or Application ID (if you have one). Alternatively, you can call them to ask them how you should send it, but given the Covid-19 situation, it's very very difficult to get someone to respond to your call.

Reactions: dimpookguide

dimpookguide

Dec 25, 2020
it depends, really hard to tell what would CIC do in this case.... but thinking over the situation .... what are the options ?

- can you wait until the package arrives and the CIC checks it and decide ?
- can you send another application with the complete documents ?
Hi @megoman. Thanks for your response.

The critical problem is no one knows when exactly they are going to check my application. Despite the current fast issuance of XEP (temporary file numbers), nothing significant has been achieved or resolved. We don't know how long it's gonna take for them to check the completeness of applications. What if they'd only check mine a year or something from now, by which time my CSQ would be expiring soon? I can't just wait for that. In fact, no one can. Before the pandemic, there was already this enormous queue of unprocessed and new applications thanks to QC gov't's quota cut. Now thanks to the pandemic, it's worsened.

As for applying again, paying twice doesn't make anyone feel good, does it...? Also even if I did apply again, I wonder what'd happen to my old file...

Last edited:

dimpookguide

Dec 25, 2020
In that case, you can send them a scan and also indicate that you're sending a physical copy. When you send the physical copy, include a letter explaining why you're sending that document and specify your UCI or Application ID (if you have one). Alternatively, you can call them to ask them how you should send it, but given the Covid-19 situation, it's very very difficult to get someone to respond to your call.
So you mean I should mail them
1. the hard copy of the certified copy; and
2. an explanation letter explaining my situation?

Is this the usual way how people deal with self-realized missing (or non-conformable) documents when it comes to paper-based PR applications?

Reactions: NaughtyGoodman

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Hi @megoman. Thanks for your response.

The critical problem is no one knows when exactly they are going to check my application. Despite the current fast issuance of XEP (temporary file numbers), nothing significant has been achieved or resolved. We don't know how long it's gonna take for them to check the completeness of applications. What if they'd only check mine a year or something from now, by which time my CSQ would be expiring soon? I can't just wait for that. In fact, no one can. Before the pandemic, there was already this enormous queue of unprocessed and new applications thanks to QC gov't's quota cut. Now thanks to the pandemic, it's worsened.

As for applying again, paying twice doesn't make anyone feel good, does it...? Also even if I did apply again, I wonder what'd happen to my old file...
A part of me feels like it I withdraw my QSW application now and start a new Express Entry application, I might have more chances of getting the PR in 2021.

dimpookguide

Dec 25, 2020
Ah btw, on the translation ifself, there's this statement "I, the name of the translator, a member of the Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec, Membership No. XXXX, hereby certifies that this English translation is in conformity with the document in language A."

But I guess this is not the same thing as the stamp you mentioned.

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Hey folks,
An off-topic question.

Anybody knows if IRCC access our social media accounts or electronic devices during the security screening, just to check what type of news and politicians do we follow on internet.? :rolleyes:
I am asking because there are lots of talk of internet censorship going around these days.o_O

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
It's because of nonsensical, self entitled, douchebags like you, we have to worry about our well-being on cyberspace and government have to come with censorship legislations.

Thanks for taking your butt somewhere else. Have a nice evening.

Last edited:

Hasan11

Nov 8, 2017
Hi, I applied for PR in March 2019 and this is my current status on the CIC website.

Application received March 29, 2019
100% complete
Estimated completion date:
January 29, 2021

I didn't use an agent so not sure of what the next steps are.... Can you guys please guide me on what are the next steps? I am going to receive a decision letter or something similar? Thanks!
Have you received your medical request? My estimated completion date is Jan 18 2021 still no MR. I guess we have to wait nothing else to do.

• Sad

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
It's because of nonsensical, self entitled, douchebags like you, we have to worry about our well-being on cyberspace and government have to come with censorship legislations.

i know who you are. It’s being a long time without your spam!

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW

Reporting that guy's profile helped indeed. It seems his profile has been removed along with his spam. I sincerely wish that guy doesn't come back. If he does, we'll report him again.

Reactions: Mauvaise_vibe

monamigo

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
I am Inland PEQ applicant, FN July 2019 and still waiting for the Medical Exam request, many of my friends are already DM as i know. Just not sure what else i can do to expedite