+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
My timeline is as below:
Application received april 18
Acknowledgement of receipt june 18
Started proccessing oct 18
Medical received oct 18.
anyone tell me when does the proccessing time starts? Is it from application received or acknowledgement of receipt?
Hi, wow we have a very similar timeline ! It’s when the application is received by IRCC, as calculated in the blue bar at the website when you check your application. cheers and best of luck !

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
My SO had the PPR email on Nov 8. He sent his prepaid envelope and documents on Nov. 11. On Nov. 23, we got an email from GCKey saying there was an update to the file. We looked, and the timeline now says: "We're done processing your application."

Under final decision, it says:
  • November 22, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
(there's nothing in the messages)

We are still waiting on the prepaid envelope to make its way to us with what I imagine to be the COPR. Does he need to leave the country and re-enter in that case? His country does not need a visa for entry to Canada, so they did not ask for his passport, only a copy of the ID page.

It also now shows background check and eligibility review having been completed on May 9, 2019. We had received the invitation to pre-arrival services email on May 10. This means that if you got that email, your eligibility+background check are complete, even if GCkey doesn't say so.

But note that between May 10, 2019 and September 30, 2019 (when we got the medical invitation), nothing was done on the file. Basically, it just sat there. That's almost 5 months right there... But at least between medical request and COPR: less than 2 months. So there's that.

Anyway, thought I'd share the timeline and more info, for those who are still in the process. Good luck!
Thanks for sharing and congrats on your PPR ! Hope you get the COPR very soon !!! Cheers

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Need your advise.

I got the PPR email and have forwarded my passports to Abudhabi embassy and waiting for COPR.

The CSQ and PR is only for myself and my two kids. My husband is excluded as I had applied as single applicant with kids due to points shortage.

We plan to soft land by February 2020 for two weeks and come back. Now my question is :

1. When can I apply for my spouse visa (PR) after getting my PR card. Any time frame is there.

2. Is it possible to take visit visa for him by me and we all can travel to Montreal as a family and then apply for Open Work Permit for him so that family is not seperated.

3. How long does it take to get Spouse PR if I apply inland?. I know it’s a case to case basis but still need to know the approximate time.

4. We work in Middle East. Kindly advise us the best time to settle in Montreal so that my children studies are not affected. They are in class 3 and UKG.

Kindly advise.

Thanks..

i came across your post and i could not understand what yo mean hen you had applied as single applicant with kids due to points shortage !!!

i am getting married in two months, while processing federal and i am not sure now if i should do so ! would you please explain more about your situation ?

gopsarbabu

Jun 23, 2014
i came across your post and i could not understand what yo mean hen you had applied as single applicant with kids due to points shortage !!!

i am getting married in two months, while processing federal and i am not sure now if i should do so ! would you please explain more about your situation ?
While we applied in 2014 we had enough points for full family. 59 was cut off for family and we had 64. But due to delay in quebec processing and change of points at frequent intervals by MIFI we were short of 1 point. So we proceeded as single applicant and quebec provided us csq in 2019.

Reactions: megoman

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While we applied in 2014 we had enough points for full family. 59 was cut off for family and we had 64. But due to delay in quebec processing and change of points at frequent intervals by MIFI we were short of 1 point. So we proceeded as single applicant and quebec provided us csq in 2019.
so you have been issued the CSQ as a single applicant and applied for federal as a single applicant as well ?

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Got ppr on 15 november. Full timeline is as follows

applied csq: November 2016
Csq received: September 2017
Applied federal: 20 October 2017
AOR: 19 January 2018
First medical request: 15 May 2018
Medical passed: 9 April 2018
Pre arrival: 17 may 2018
CV and updated schedule A: 19 August 2019
Re med request: 24 October 2019.
Medical passed: 12 Nov 2019.
Ppr: 15 November 2019.
Hey there, thanks for sharing your timeline. A couple of questions to try to understand immigration's timelines:
  1. When did you send in your passport/copy of passport?
  2. Have you received any news since?
I am just trying to track the time it takes after PPR email to receiving the confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR)

Thanks and all the best!

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
hello,
I used to come to this website a lot and read cases to give some push to my self during desperate wait so I thought I should come today and write my case in order to support who ever needs support during his or her wait

after our first application in May 2012 FINALY we had received the golden email for passport request in November 20,2019
so please never lose the hope .
my case was a bit complicated.
I hope every one will be rewarded after there long wait .
I know very well how frustrating it is but plz never lose the hope and be patient.

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
hello,
I used to come to this website a lot and read cases to give some push to my self during desperate wait so I thought I should come today and write my case in order to support who ever needs support during his or her wait

after our first application in May 2012 FINALY we had received the golden email for passport request in November 20,2019
so please never lose the hope .
my case was a bit complicated.
I hope every one will be rewarded after there long wait .
I know very well how frustrating it is but plz never lose the hope and be patient.
CONGRATULATIONS!!

If you are comfortable with this, could you share some of your file's complications?

Thanks

Reactions: ppcg2510

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I am about to get married in two months! Since i am in the federal stage, i would add my wife to the IRCC application file, however i still have to report the same to the government of Quebec, to issue a new CSQ for me and my future wife!

here are my questions, if anyone can help:

- are they going to re-evaluate my profile and re-calculate the points together for me and my future wife to issue the new CSQs ?
- I applied for the CSQ six years ago, now i am older!!! am i going lose points for age since they will evaluate my situation now ?

Mr.Worldwide

Nov 25, 2019
Hi, wow we have a very similar timeline ! It’s when the application is received by IRCC, as calculated in the blue bar at the website when you check your application. cheers and best of luck !
But my medical has been expired in oct 19 and no sign of PPR. Have you received yours?

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Dear All,

I am about to get married in two months! Since i am in the federal stage, i would add my wife to the IRCC application file, however i still have to report the same to the government of Quebec, to issue a new CSQ for me and my future wife!

here are my questions, if anyone can help:

- are they going to re-evaluate my profile and re-calculate the points together for me and my future wife to issue the new CSQs ?
- I applied for the CSQ six years ago, now i am older!!! am i going lose points for age since they will evaluate my situation now ?
When did you apply for PR? With the crazy new government of Quebec I don't if it's worth the risk, they are changing immigration laws every few months. If your close to the DM just wait for your PR and them sponsor your wife.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/add-spouse-to-pr-application-which-is-currently-in-processing.392408/

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
But my medical has been expired in oct 19 and no sign of PPR. Have you received yours?
Hi, sorry I misread your timeline, mine is similar but they only requested for medicals oct 2019 for me. Timeline below. I haven’t received PPR yet