+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Leokun

May 25, 2018
We are not so far to get aor i guess.
Hey can you guide me what options did you choose when you contact cic.
I tries so many times but without file number call is not proceeding to agent.
Thanks
Call early in the morning 8-8.30, after that is very difficult to get an agent on the phone. Enter a random number, the automatic system is not working anyway. They say always: We can not find you file, do you want to talk to an agent?

Last time I called the agent was not willing to share information and wanted to close asap, but I kept asking questions till she gave some more information. The first one I reached was very helpful. I'm thinking to call again next week, since it's my 2 years anniversary on 15th November.

Last edited:
Reactions: ngkapadiya

motchasui

Nov 12, 2019
Hello,

I have the following timeline:
AOR: Dec 2017
APP: Feb 2018
MR: April 2018
CV request: Aug 2019

My progress bar shows that 6 days is remaining. Does anybody have the same timeline?

Hi I have a similar timeline and my bar shows 9 days left. No update at all after the pre-arrival email from August 2018. Very anxious these days :(

Prestinharis

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
Just a query.. how do we know that our file is accepted... what indicates that.. is it receiving a file number or is it biometric that indicates that file is accepted

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi there,
AOR August 2018
MR 12 November 2019
Biometrics ?
DM?

ECAS is not so much reliable. For instance, on ECAS, mine is still stucked on Application received.....

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019
We are not so far to get aor i guess.
Hey can you guide me what options did you choose when you contact cic.
I tries so many times but without file number call is not proceeding to agent.
Thanks
Hi, I tried 1/1/2/1 then I put the application number that I got from the first application then they ask you your year of birth and 0 to speak to an agent.

Reactions: ngkapadiya

grepolito1

Jul 31, 2018
Hi,

Just wondering what happens after I passed all the requirements in IRCC.

Timeline:

May 2018- AOR
May 2018- Medical passed
November 2018- Pre arrival letter
November 2018- Background check passed
October 2019- Requested updated background info form
October 2019- Security check passed

Do you have any idea what will happen next after passing everything? Thank you for your help! God bless.

Nov 13, 2019
So, yesterday I got a medical request. Tomorrow I have an appointment with one of the certified physicians.
Do anyone know how long it usually takes for someone to get a decision made (DM) after they approve your medical results? :confused:

I'm 23 years old, American, and I have a bachelor's degree from a Québécois university. I'm going to Canada alone so my family's not coming with me (although I've had the same Canadian/Québécois-born boyfriend for 3 years). My PGWP expires on December 24th, 2019. Luckily, I'm from Vermont so if I have to escape Canada, home's just an hour south. :D

My timeline is as follows:
Date received: July 6th, 2018
Acknowledgment of receipt (AOR): September 14th, 2018
Medical request: November 12th, 2019

The "estimated remaining processing time" bar says 7 months left, with the estimated completion date being June 6th, 2020.

Merci beaucoup! :cool:

Leokun

May 25, 2018
So, yesterday I got a medical request. Tomorrow I have an appointment with one of the certified physicians.
Do anyone know how long it usually takes for someone to get a decision made (DM) after they approve your medical results? :confused:

I'm 23 years old, American, and I have a bachelor's degree from a Québécois university. I'm going to Canada alone so my family's not coming with me (although I've had the same Canadian/Québécois-born boyfriend for 3 years). My PGWP expires on December 24th, 2019. Luckily, I'm from Vermont so if I have to escape Canada, home's just an hour south. :D

My timeline is as follows:
Date received: July 6th, 2018
Acknowledgment of receipt (AOR): September 14th, 2018
Medical request: November 12th, 2019

The "estimated remaining processing time" bar says 7 months left, with the estimated completion date being June 6th, 2020.

Merci beaucoup! :cool:
Unfortunately, it's not predictable. After they receive your medical results( about 2-3 weeks) they will start security and background check, but it depends when the agent is going to open your file. You can always call and ask for more information. Try to extend your PGWP if possible.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi, I tried 1/1/2/1 then I put the application number that I got from the first application then they ask you your year of birth and 0 to speak to an agent.
If you call later than 8.30 it's quite possible that the machine will tell you call again later because all lines are busy.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Security screening still not started. Almost 6.5 years now stuck with this Quebec processing. Ohh God end this struggle for all. Medical expired and Csq about to expire in December.

Reactions: Martin 87

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Call early in the morning 8-8.30, after that is very difficult to get an agent on the phone. Enter a random number, the automatic system is not working anyway. They say always: We can not find you file, do you want to talk to an agent?

Last time I called the agent was not willing to share information and wanted to close asap, but I kept asking questions till she gave some more information. The first one I reached was very helpful. I'm thinking to call again next week, since it's my 2 years anniversary on 15th November.
Ohmg! Did you receive Medical?