+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

calebadoroh

Aug 8, 2019
Good Morning friends.
Please how do I apply to the Quebec government for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ)?

Thank you.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Just to make sth clear here. They don't increase the processing time. It's the average processing time calculated based on the processed applications.
It increases automatically when they don't have a quota from Quebec to issue PRs.

But how would you clear the backlog files in this situation?
As long as Quebec reports its intake quotas yearly, Federal had to finish processing applications within 12 months (on average-%80).

• There is a big governmental mistake here. If they let Quebec decide its own immigration quotas, there should have been a pre-condition. The pre-condition which prevents backlog files to pile up. Such as;
    • If Quebec decreases its intake quota, the files which are at the Federal stage should be considered first and not let new applicants get CSQs to balance backlog files.
    • Federal processing time must match with Quebec's yearly quota.
For ex.

- If Quebec has 20k quota per year Federal PR processing rate has to be 20k files yearly.
- If Quebec increases its quota to 30k per year, Federal has to increase its rate accordingly or not let Quebec to increase it.

- If Quebec wants to decrease its yearly quota to 10k, they need to balance it by giving less CSQs.
Because in this case people will know the processing duration and consider their chances even before applying for CSQ.
It is passed 3 months and I saw the first 13, then 14 and now 15 months written under the remaining processing time.

Calinda

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
1. Quebec Skilled certificate (Certificat de celection du Quebec) received December 2017
2. Application Received date...22nd Feb 2018.
3. AOR 25th March 2018
4. Processing OF application started on April 16, 2018.
5. Medical Request....September 28, 2018
6. Pre-arrival service...September 29, 2018
7. Medical passed.....October 15, 2018
8. Additional documents request October 22, 2018
9. DM and passport request ...26th June 2019

Hello,
Good luck I am so happy for you.

I have a question do you think I should try to call them my status is :

1. Quebec Skilled certificate (Certificat de celection du Quebec) received May 2015
2. Application Received date...22nd December 2017.
3. AOR 25th Feb 2018
4. Processing OF application started on March 18, 2018.

No answer till them keep saying application IN PROCCES
I Wrote them on April 2018 because my Quebec Certificate were expiring. Their answer was you have to wait.

Do you think is should write them again?

Thank you

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
Good Morning friends.
Please how do I apply to the Quebec government for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ)?

Thank you.
Hi!
I don't want to be rude, but your question is not suited for this topic here.
But if you read the posts here you will understand why I suggest you to not apply to Quebec.
Just a suggestion. Consider it carefully.

briwitzel

Oct 30, 2009
Hi guys,

My friend is waiting for his PR under the Quebec program. He got a job in Ottawa and wants to move closer to his work. Is there a problem that he is waiting for his PR which has Quebec as the living province and he moves to Ottawa? Or shall he keep living in Gatineau, QC until he gets his PR?

Thank you!

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Hi guys,

My friend is waiting for his PR under the Quebec program. He got a job in Ottawa and wants to move closer to his work. Is there a problem that he is waiting for his PR which has Quebec as the living province and he moves to Ottawa? Or shall he keep living in Gatineau, QC until he gets his PR?

Thank you!
It would be ok if he leaves Quebec bit not to other province of Canada.

organic

Aug 7, 2019
Hello all,

Below please see the status of my application 4 months after I have got the CSQ. We applied through inland FS. Our application was received Dec 15, 2018. CSQ in March. I already have contacted CIC and waiting to see if they will reply. Thanks a lot for letting me know what you think. It seems nothing has been done on my application in past 4 months. I am getting very stressed whether my application is lost somewhere...

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
Not applicable.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hello all,

Below please see the status of my application 4 months after I have got the CSQ. We applied through inland FS. Our application was received Dec 15, 2018. CSQ in March. I already have contacted CIC and waiting to see if they will reply. Thanks a lot for letting me know what you think. It seems nothing has been done on my application in past 4 months. I am getting very stressed whether my application is lost somewhere...

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.[/QUOTE

Hi, that's quite normal. For us, they only updated the line Medical passed with the date when we passed our medical after 15 months. We got our DM 10 days ago and nothing's updated in GCkey.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hello all,

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
Not applicable.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Pretty normal. For me its been 10 months since i applied and I have almost same status. I called CIC and he said I have to be patient as I have just completed 9 of 21 months processing timeline.

Mhdkod

Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
B556
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/11/2015
AOR Received.
14/12/2015
Pretty normal. For me its been 10 months since i applied and I have almost same status. I called CIC and he said I have to be patient as I have just completed 9 of 21 months processing timeline.
Hi Ertarun,

Are you inland or outland applicant? Please share the CIC number you called, thanks.