+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
I sent out a web form 4 days ago. Still no response. The funniest thing that they will answer back as you are still within your processing time!! acting like we are stupid and not logging in 100 times a day to check out the app. I also requested GSMC notes last week.. waiting and waiting as usual!
How long ago did you request your GSMC notes? According to older posts it takes around 4-5 weeks to get them right? And also, what are you able to find out in those notes?

smsayem

May 22, 2019
SOUTH ASIA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
APRIL 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for Quebec Federal PR after getting my CSQ. I did Masters in Quebec and working in Quebec now. I have submitted police certificates when I applied for PR, but didn't give my biometrics(I guess Quebecers are not needed to submit biometrics). Am I right?
Or will i receive biometrics notification in coming days?

Brother I hav applied under QIIP and now I’m in federal stage. Can u share ur experience about Quebec. What about the job market for English speakers (specially for India, Pakistani, Bangladeshi...and non IT people) and housing prices.

Last edited:

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
How long ago did you request your GSMC notes? According to older posts it takes around 4-5 weeks to get them right? And also, what are you able to find out in those notes?
GSMC notes take up to 30 days. The problem not with the processing time of those notes, Its the processing time that's always changing! you know that we should get it based on old processing times ( means within 18 months?) so why we are getting new processing time with new applicants nowadays!! having GSMC notes will enrich you with details regarding your applications & where does it stand right now.

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
GSMC notes take up to 30 days. The problem not with the processing time of those notes, Its the processing time that's always changing! you know that we should get it based on old processing times ( means within 18 months?) so why we are getting new processing time with new applicants nowadays!! having GSMC notes will enrich you with details regarding your applications & where does it stand right now.
Yep, when I applied in October of 2017 the processing time was 13 months... and great, if you can please keep us posted on what the notes say and well, lets all hope for the best

Reactions: MH91

saam83

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
when did u apply? I got the same thing today. Already completed my 20 months on Jun 2, 2019, suddenly changed to 25 remaining days. I dont think we have any f... rights in this holy crap thing
That's because the processing time increased to 21 months

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
Hi Contacted them by webform and replied the following:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding the status of your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
anyone have any idea or got the same response?

Reactions: lackofusername00

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Yep, when I applied in October of 2017 the processing time was 13 months... and great, if you can please keep us posted on what the notes say and well, lets all hope for the best
Same thing for me. I had applied on October 04, 2017.. It was 13 months at that point which moved to 15 Months afterwards and then 20. When I finally crossed 20 months and was holding on for the PPR any day, the status was updated to Taking longer than the regular time.. Today it again says 27 days remaining. Not sure if this means that they will finish it in that time or will they extend it further than 21 months saying taking longer than expected again.

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Hi Contacted them by webform and replied the following:

We verified the information you provided regarding the status of your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

anyone have any idea or got the same response?
Oh that sounds better than the crappy generic responses they usually send "Everything seems to be fine with your application just wait" or something like that. Hopefully is good news. What's your timeline again?

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi all, long time reader - first time poster here. My process started in Oct 2017, medical check done back in may 2018 and yep, it has been bumped one more month to 21 months (tho it's not officially posted yet as of today June 07-2019). Yesterday my timeline showed 6 days remaining and today a nice 36 days as a Friday surprise... My question for all of you bloggers is, what are the comments you've gotten from agents when you inquire why your security check hasn't started? And also how the hell do you cope with all this stress, man oh man! Thanks and keep a strong mind (says the one who's going crazy hehe)
Boy!!!! Stress is real!! I have helped several of my friends to apply for CSQ first and the same friends for Express Entry.. All of them have PR now and on the other hand, I am still checking the CIC account every day for the good news!!

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
Oh that sounds better than the crappy generic responses they usually send "Everything seems to be fine with your application just wait" or something like that. Hopefully is good news. What's your timeline again?
Thank you for your positive feedback! Hopefully something happens soon.
APP Oct 2, 2017
AOR Jan 4, 2018
Medical May 15, 2018
DM Still waiting

Reactions: Positively cynical

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Boy!!!! Stress is real!! I have helped several of my friends to apply for CSQ first and the same friends for Express Entry.. All of them have PR now and on the other hand, I am still checking the CIC account every day for the good news!!
What's your timeline? Have you reached out? If so,what are their responses?

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
What's your timeline? Have you reached out? If so,what are their responses?
Here is my Timeline:
APP Oct 4, 2017
AOR Jan 10, 2018
Medical April 26, 2018, and May 18 updated as passed.
DM Still waiting.

I reached out to them on June 04, 2019 when it was the completion date of 20 Months.

Here was my enquiry:
Hello, Requesting an update on my application. When I had initially applied for my PR, the processing time was shown to be 13 months which while I was in the waiting period then moved to 17 and later to 20 months. Now, I have completed those 20 months of waiting and have still not received any update on my file. Can anyone please provide me with a date by when I can expect the decision?

And I just received their response like 15 minutes ago:

----------
Personally, I am getting restless now.......

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Here is my Timeline:
APP Oct 4, 2017
AOR Jan 10, 2018
Medical April 26, 2018, and May 18 updated as passed.
DM Still waiting.

I reached out to them on June 04, 2019 when it was the completion date of 20 Months.

Here was my enquiry:
Hello, Requesting an update on my application. When I had initially applied for my PR, the processing time was shown to be 13 months which while I was in the waiting period then moved to 17 and later to 20 months. Now, I have completed those 20 months of waiting and have still not received any update on my file. Can anyone please provide me with a date by when I can expect the decision?

And I just received their response like 15 minutes ago:

----------
Personally, I am getting restless now.......
Oh that looks pretty similar to the response MH91 got, (take a look a few inputs above) I'd like to believe that's a good sign, at least it sounds like they are re-directing these inquiries to the officers and not just flipping you? Lets see, please keep us posted on your progress as I think all of us in the same situation are getting extremely frustrated. Cheers and all the best

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Oh that looks pretty similar to the response MH91 got, (take a look a few inputs above) I'd like to believe that's a good sign, at least it sounds like they are re-directing these inquiries to the officers and not just flipping you? Let's see, please keep us posted on your progress as I think all of us in the same situation is getting extremely frustrated. Cheers and all the best
Sure thing buddy... I hope too that it is a positive sign to receive something other than their regular reply of everything seems fine. I hope that it doesn't go further than the latest additional days added to the estimation. Will be watching the thread every day and let everyone know if there is any movement on my file.

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Quebec Skilled Workers permanent residence application delays (over 20 months now) - Share your case

As a way to overcome the lack of transparency in these immigration processes, I would encourage anyone reading this and in the same situation to share their cases, at minimum it would help others not to feel like their processes are isolated and, in a larger scale this thread can potentially become a tool to raise a complaint with the appropriate representatives. Just a thought..