+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage 2020-2021

dreamerjass12

Dec 20, 2020
This topic to share experience and our information for people who applied for Federal stage after getting CSQ in 2020/2021 year. If you have received federal PR in 2020 during Pandemic, please share your timeline

Let's share experience to know the average timelines.

Here is my Timeline:

Current City: Montreal
CSQ Received: 15-Aug-2020
Federal Application sent to Sydney, NS
Federal App Sent: 01-Dec-2020
AOR Received: 17-Dec-2020

Biometrics: Awaiting
MR: Awaiting

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
@Dreamer
This topic to share experience and our information for people who applied for Federal stage after getting CSQ in 2020/2021 year. If you have received federal PR in 2020 during Pandemic, please share your timeline

Let's share experience to know the average timelines.

Here is my Timeline:

Current City: Montreal
CSQ Received: 15-Aug-2020
Federal Application sent to Sydney, NS
Federal App Sent: 01-Dec-2020
AOR Received: 17-Dec-2020

Biometrics: Awaiting
MR: Awaiting
did you recieve AOR number with XEP or other number without XEP ?

dreamerjass12

Dec 20, 2020
@Dreamer

did you recieve AOR number with XEP or other number without XEP ?
UCI: TXXXXXXXX
Temporary Application No.: XEPXXXXXXXX

Good day XXXXXX,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. Due to inventory growth and the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we are encountering delays in processing. We are sending you this letter to let you know that your application for permanent residence has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on XXXXXXXXX, on behalf of XXXXX and family (if applicable).

Application received
We confirm that your application is received and in queue for review. No information or action is required from you at this time. Please note that this letter does not confirm your application is in process.

Temporary application number
We provided you with a temporary application number if you need to contact us regarding your application. This application number is temporary and will no longer be valid once processing begins. You cannot link a paper application to your online account using a temporary number.

Next steps
We will assess your application to ensure it is complete, and provide you with a permanent application number.

Processing times
You may visit our processing times page to find out how long it may take to process your application. We are encountering delays as a result of COVID-19 and we can’t provide you with an exact timeframe as to when the processing of your application will begin. Visit Canada.ca/IRCC-COVID19 for information on how the coronavirus is affecting immigration services.

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
UCI: TXXXXXXXX
Temporary Application No.: XEPXXXXXXXX

Good day XXXXXX,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. Due to inventory growth and the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we are encountering delays in processing. We are sending you this letter to let you know that your application for permanent residence has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on XXXXXXXXX, on behalf of XXXXX and family (if applicable).

Application received
We confirm that your application is received and in queue for review. No information or action is required from you at this time. Please note that this letter does not confirm your application is in process.

Temporary application number
We provided you with a temporary application number if you need to contact us regarding your application. This application number is temporary and will no longer be valid once processing begins. You cannot link a paper application to your online account using a temporary number.

Next steps
We will assess your application to ensure it is complete, and provide you with a permanent application number.

Processing times
You may visit our processing times page to find out how long it may take to process your application. We are encountering delays as a result of COVID-19 and we can’t provide you with an exact timeframe as to when the processing of your application will begin. Visit Canada.ca/IRCC-COVID19 for information on how the coronavirus is affecting immigration services.
Thanks , looks like everyone is getting this XEP number which seems to be of no use for the moment.

Reactions: mtlog

dreamerjass12

Dec 20, 2020
Thanks , looks like everyone is getting this XEP number which seems to be of no use for the moment.
I am a victim of Bill 9, I hope Federal people speed up. I am happy that even XEP was quick for me. For my friends it took 2-3 months.

Anyways, I have no option than staying in limbo. my work permit has expired. so Crossing fingers.
One quick question, I see One webpage says its 17 months for processing time and another one says its 26 months. Is there any post/thread where I can see stats for 2020 to atleast get an idea how long it will take for next steps.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: am13470

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
I am a victim of Bill 9, I hope Federal people speed up. I am happy that even XEP was quick for me. For my friends it took 2-3 months.

Anyways, I have no option than staying in limbo. my work permit has expired. so Crossing fingers.
One quick question, I see One webpage says its 17 months for processing time and another one says its 26 months. Is there any post/thread where I can see stats for 2020 to atleast get an idea how long it will take for next steps.

Thanks in advance.
Those processing times are utter rubbish and of no use, when you call the IRCC number the IVR does say that our processing times are not up to date so its better to go with real life scenarios which we see here and on the FB page
Thanks

dreamerjass12

Dec 20, 2020
Those processing times are utter rubbish and of no use, when you call the IRCC number the IVR does say that our processing times are not up to date so its better to go with real life scenarios which we see here and on the FB page
Thanks
Can you please share the link to FB Page. Thanks

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi All,
I recently sent my application to Sydney, NS. Recently MIDI has been exceptional in processing CSQ applications.
Hope this rubs off on the Federal as well. My signature has my timeline.
Had I not lost my Passport in September I could have received my CSQ in October itself.
Thanks,
Rajat

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi All,

Quebec generally accepts about 20,000 Economic Immigrants which mainly come from Skilled worker category.
Since the start of Arrima in July 2019 a total of 2700 invitations have been issued.
So given that 2020 went for a toss, is it reasonable to assume that we might see some speed up in processing PR applications from Quebec.
I am just wondering how many applications from Quebec might be in the pipeline.
This might be oversimplification but I do hope picks up some pace soon.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Before xmas break Jan 2019 applicants got few responses. I'm guessing it would take 6 more months which is June 2021 to hear something regarding AORs for applicants since July 2019 and eventually 2020 applicants.

As we know from previous cases that it takes atleast a year for medicals after AOR, I'm presuming 2019 applicants could scream glory late 2022 and 2020 applicants late 2023.

If any policies change in the meanwhile then my guess would be as good as IRCC or MIFI which is "we don't know".

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Before xmas break Jan 2019 applicants got few responses. I'm guessing it would take 6 more months which is June 2021 to hear something regarding AORs for applicants since July 2019 and eventually 2020 applicants.

As we know from previous cases that it takes atleast a year for medicals after AOR, I'm presuming 2019 applicants could scream glory late 2022 and 2020 applicants late 2023.

If any policies change in the meanwhile then my guess would be as good as IRCC or MIFI which is "we don't know".
Agree. My assumption is minimum 36-42 months for January 2019 applications onwards. There maybe some cases here and there in-between just to revitalize hopes of those who crave for it.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019

As I can see lately, even with the Covid, some people are receiving their PR in less than 24 months.

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
Yes, there is a flood of medical requests since yesterday on the FB group for march and april 2019 applicants, so lets hope for the best