+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER APPLICANTS FROM PHILIPPINES... LET'S SHARE EXPERIENCES..

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ConradFael said:
Facts I found out about OIIQ Equivalence...

You will be given a letter from the OIIQ regarding their decision of the admission by equivalence committee.

The letter says that your training equivalence could be recognized provided that one will successfully complete the integration program in the Quebec context which is you can have it in a hospital or at a college in Quebec.

That it is shorter to have an integration in a hospital than a college. (I tried looking for a hospital but it takes patience and perseverance, I haven't been successful so far).

You have to complete the program within 4 years or else your file will have to be re-evaluated.

If you successfully completed that program, you may take up to 2 years to sit the exam (may resit the examination twice) and that you will become a candidate for the profession of nursing (CPN).

That the letters you receive will be in English and French.

Your program of integration first must be approved by OIIQ before you can start. This simply means that you have to give to the OIIQ the program designed for you in whichever set up you are going to do your integration whether by a college or hospital that accepted you.

They gave a number to help you find a hospital but when I called, an answering machine acknowledged me and that there is only 1 English college that accepts nurses for integration program and that it only accommodates 20 persons.

That it will take 4 to 5 months to get the equivalence starting from the day your requirements were complete.

I haven't divulge all that was written since the equivalence was based on my credentials and that they have different decisions depending on their evaluation of your credentials.
Thank you Sir Conrad! I just received my OIIQ application kit. Grabe yung postal service ng pinas. Semi tampered yung envelope ko. Nabasa yung isang gilid at natuyo lang. Nakakainis nga eh. Pero tingin ko pwede pa ito. :)

mickeymouse21 said:
not sure eh, it depends cguro if sa college or university ka gumraduate. Let's ask our seniors, sir conradfael, sir bosschips, nakapag ECA na ba kayo?
I was so tempted when the FSW 2014 opened again. I first knew about the Canada immigration when I went there Oct 2011. I fell in love with the place and decided to come back and live there legally. Come 2012, the program closed completely so I prepared documents for next year's program. Then 2013 came with news about reopening of the program with ECA and to my dismay, they removed almost all allied health care professions including nurses. Aug 2013 came and Quebec announced that nurses are in high demand. I applied not expecting FSW to open their arms to me ever again but look what happened last week? Canada is so unpredictable!

Parang final stretch na ito for FSW before they go the hard way (for us) with Express Entry.

Applying to FSW with a pending app with QSW is so tempting. People are saying that they consulted with agencies, etc. and that it is safe to do so but I believe applying with a pending app will jeopardize both applications in some way. Napag isip-isip ko na maganda na rin naman pwesto ko sa queue ng QSW kaya I'll just wait patiently.

Ang kagandahan sa FSW ngayon ay they divided the nurses into 3 NOC codes. The managers, the general staff and the NAs. So technically, 3k nurses ang kailangan nila. Feeling ko ang mauunang mapuno is yung registered nurses and pych nurses NOC code. Naka abang na lahat ng tao diyan since 2012. Im guessing it will fill up within 2 weeks after may 1.

And no, Ive not yet applied for ECA but I already did Quebec Evaluative Studies and waiting for the results.

Based on what I've read, pag known university ka ditto sa pinas, youll probably get 3 or 4 years equivalence. Pag college, most likely 2 years lang ang equivalence sa Canadian standards.

Good luck to all QSW applicants. Hopefully by June 2014, we hear interview news. :)

mickeymouse21

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
bosschips said:
Thank you Sir Conrad! I just received my OIIQ application kit. Grabe yung postal service ng pinas. Semi tampered yung envelope ko. Nabasa yung isang gilid at natuyo lang. Nakakainis nga eh. Pero tingin ko pwede pa ito. :)

I was so tempted when the FSW 2014 opened again. I first knew about the Canada immigration when I went there Oct 2011. I fell in love with the place and decided to come back and live there legally. Come 2012, the program closed completely so I prepared documents for next year's program. Then 2013 came with news about reopening of the program with ECA and to my dismay, they removed almost all allied health care professions including nurses. Aug 2013 came and Quebec announced that nurses are in high demand. I applied not expecting FSW to open their arms to me ever again but look what happened last week? Canada is so unpredictable!

Parang final stretch na ito for FSW before they go the hard way (for us) with Express Entry.

Applying to FSW with a pending app with QSW is so tempting. People are saying that they consulted with agencies, etc. and that it is safe to do so but I believe applying with a pending app will jeopardize both applications in some way. Napag isip-isip ko na maganda na rin naman pwesto ko sa queue ng QSW kaya I'll just wait patiently.

Ang kagandahan sa FSW ngayon ay they divided the nurses into 3 NOC codes. The managers, the general staff and the NAs. So technically, 3k nurses ang kailangan nila. Feeling ko ang mauunang mapuno is yung registered nurses and pych nurses NOC code. Naka abang na lahat ng tao diyan since 2012. Im guessing it will fill up within 2 weeks after may 1.

And no, Ive not yet applied for ECA but I already did Quebec Evaluative Studies and waiting for the results.

Good luck to all QSW applicants. Hopefully by June 2014, we hear interview news. :)

Thank you for this sir bosschips!! Ask ko lang kelan ka nagrequest ng OIIQ kit? Ako kasi nung February pa , til now wala pa..anong petsa na??????? hehehe

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alq814 said:
If you refer to this link, you'll see that even unpaid trainings are accepted as experience:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/IMMIGRATE-SETTLE/PERMANENT-WORKERS/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/glossary.html#work-experience
Unpaid trainings are really acceptable experience provided that it is declared according to their rules. Kaso nga hindi napprioritize ng HRs ng companies ang mga volunteers/trainees. Kung staff nga, nahihirapan kumuha ng detailed COEs at other requirements from the hospital, paano pa ang mga volunteers. Pero it all comes down to perseverance sa pag declare ng maayos para hindi maging problema sa future. Advise ko sa inyo, kaibiganin niyo ang HR at mga boss niyo. Kung pwede, pag dating niyo sa HR, magdala na kayo ng something to loosen the mood. What I did with mine was I arrived at HR office at around 11am and brought a kfc bucket meal. Nakangiti na agad lahat ng HR personnel at saka ko sinabi yung request ko. Yung mga di ko ka-close, bigla kong nagging friend. He he he! Hayun, binuksan na nila yung file ko sa computer at sa akin pa mismo pina edit yung COE ko at detailed job description. Tapos sila pa ang tumakbo sa medical director at chief nurse para ipa-sign ang documents. Mas madali pa ito kung sa government hospital niyo gagawin. ;-)

I know this is sad in some way but... ganun talaga ditto sa pinas eh. Survival of the fittest. kaya nga madaming kating kati umalis dito at pumunta sa ibang bansa to level the playing field (if you know what I mean).

Good luck with everybody whos applying for QSW! Expect niyo na babagal ang fill up ng 6.5k ng QSW dahil sa opening ng FSW2014 lately.

QSW is much easy when it comes to documentation compared to FSW who critiques documents in a different level. Difference nga lang is FSW wheel is turning at a faster rate. QSW is somewhat uncertain. At siyempre sa FSW, you are free to go anywhere unlike QSW. Pero Id go with QSW not just because Ive no choice due to a pending app. Ive seen people from 2012 who reaped the benefits of QSW today when FSW closed. Darating din tayo diyan. Tiyagaan lang talaga. :)

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mickeymouse21 said:
Thank you for this sir bosschips!! Ask ko lang kelan ka nagrequest ng OIIQ kit? Ako kasi nung February pa , til now wala pa..anong petsa na??????? hehehe
It will arrive within 2 months. Relax ka lang. Hindi pa naman magagamit yan without MICC Quebec Eval studies results. Pangit talaga mail system natin.

luxvestra

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal, Quebec
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
bosschips said:
Unpaid trainings are really acceptable experience provided that it is declared according to their rules. Kaso nga hindi napprioritize ng HRs ng companies ang mga volunteers/trainees. Kung staff nga, nahihirapan kumuha ng detailed COEs at other requirements from the hospital, paano pa ang mga volunteers. Pero it all comes down to perseverance sa pag declare ng maayos para hindi maging problema sa future. Advise ko sa inyo, kaibiganin niyo ang HR at mga boss niyo. Kung pwede, pag dating niyo sa HR, magdala na kayo ng something to loosen the mood. What I did with mine was I arrived at HR office at around 11am and brought a kfc bucket meal. Nakangiti na agad lahat ng HR personnel at saka ko sinabi yung request ko. Yung mga di ko ka-close, bigla kong nagging friend. He he he! Hayun, binuksan na nila yung file ko sa computer at sa akin pa mismo pina edit yung COE ko at detailed job description. Tapos sila pa ang tumakbo sa medical director at chief nurse para ipa-sign ang documents. Mas madali pa ito kung sa government hospital niyo gagawin. ;)

I know this is sad in some way but... ganun talaga ditto sa pinas eh. Survival of the fittest. kaya nga madaming kating kati umalis dito at pumunta sa ibang bansa to level the playing field (if you know what I mean).

Good luck with everybody whos applying for QSW! Expect niyo na babagal ang fill up ng 6.5k ng QSW dahil sa opening ng FSW2014 lately.

QSW is much easy when it comes to documentation compared to FSW who critiques documents in a different level. Difference nga lang is FSW wheel is turning at a faster rate. QSW is somewhat uncertain. At siyempre sa FSW, you are free to go anywhere unlike QSW. Pero Id go with QSW not just because Ive no choice due to a pending app. Ive seen people from 2012 who reaped the benefits of QSW today when FSW closed. Darating din tayo diyan. Tiyagaan lang talaga. :)
@bosschips thank you for this! What I only have on my belt is a 1yr and 2 months and up to present unpaid experience. Ang dami ko nang free assessment sa net na napagdaanan tapos hindi nman uniform yung sagot nila sa akin. May eligible daw ok meron namang paid daw talaga. TSK. I already have my job description na po. Anyway, what i'm asking from you and the other seniors as well is since it is unpaid, I have no way in presenting SSS or even ITR payments. I was answered by a member here that I just need to have a document from my hospital stating that I have worked there but with no remuneration. Do you have any sample format for this kind of docu? If wala, do you know what information I need to include doon? As to my certificate received, meron na nakalagay na # of hours, when yung duration etc.

Hope you can lessen my problem by answering. thank you so much! :)

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Tacloban City, Leyte, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
April 21, 2014 but file opened march 17, 2014
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
sinco said:
^ Im a USRN as well with visa screen.. I have learned from experience that finding an employer to sponsor me is very very difficult. Your experience might be different though.
may visa screen kna. may priority date kn rin ba?

sarrie143

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Nomination.....
09-10-2014
Med's Request
November 21, 2014
Med's Done....
December 8, 2014
Interview........
waived?
Passport Req..
January 6, 2015
bosschips said:

Based on what I've read, pag known university ka ditto sa pinas, youll probably get 3 or 4 years equivalence. Pag college, most likely 2 years lang ang equivalence sa Canadian standards.

sir bosschips, nakakalift po talaga kayo ng spirit.. slamat sir!

desperaux_0101

Feb 13, 2014
bosschips said:
It will arrive within 2 months. Relax ka lang. Hindi pa naman magagamit yan without MICC Quebec Eval studies results. Pangit talaga mail system natin.
Sir, pano po magrequest ng oiiq kit, meron po bang fees, wla po ba nito sa website nila para print ko nlng. Lastly po, pano po mag pa assess quebec equivalence studies how much po. Maraming salamat! Merci beaucoup!

trueno

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Mga maam at sir patulong naman po.
1.sa pagfillup po ng application form, kailangan all caps po?
2. Kailangan po ba every form nakastapler?
3. Kailangan po ba nakalagay talaga ang "i certify that this is a true copy of the original document" sa ctc? O ok na po yung tatak na "certified true copy of the original"?

Salamat po

immobulus

Oct 24, 2013
@bosschips sabay pala tayo nakatanggap.. At true, nakakadismaya yung postal service natin... Parang pinamunas ng pwet yung kit ko...

mickeymouse21

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
immobulus said:
@ bosschips sabay pala tayo nakatanggap.. At true, nakakadismaya yung postal service natin... Parang pinamunas ng pwet yung kit ko...
oh my gad, akala siguro nila may lamang pera yun lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grabe talaga naman!!!

patina92086

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2014
AOR Received.
13-05-2014
trueno said:
Mga maam at sir patulong naman po.
1.sa pagfillup po ng application form, kailangan all caps po?
2. Kailangan po ba every form nakastapler?
3. Kailangan po ba nakalagay talaga ang "i certify that this is a true copy of the original document" sa ctc? O ok na po yung tatak na "certified true copy of the original"?

Salamat po
1. walang nakalagay sa website na dapat all caps pero mas maganda para malinaw at di mahirapan sa pagbasa immigration officer

2. hindi advisable na iistapler...pwede na siguro iclip na lang para madaling tanggalin

3. mas maganda kung yan nakalagay pero di naman nasusunod...kung kaya mo irequest na yan mismo ilagay mas ok

Chicosci89

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
Doc's Request.
18-04-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 02-05-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
Together with the application.
Interview........
Waived
favbless said:
Hello,house I submitted my application for CSQ Dec 2013. I still have no AOR and I found out they have taken the fees
I still have no email from Quebec
Same tau. Dec 16 nareceive sa MICC yung application ko, up to now no AOR yet, and demand draft is still outsatnding as of April 15, 2014. :(

rafe_lovely

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
helo guys..

i just want to ask one thing that i have submit my application under quebec skilled worker in its application form i have made a mistake that i have mention the wrong area code training in question 8 but the title is correct so my application will be rejected???

and plz also give advice what is solution for it should i email to them.

plz help.