+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER APPLICANTS FROM PHILIPPINES... LET'S SHARE EXPERIENCES..

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
QSW-Hongkong/Federal-Manila VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSC June 2012/ Federal 27-02-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
QSC August 2012/ Federal 27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Together with application
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
QSC Nov 2012/ Federal-waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
gladysumali said:
Points taken, ConradFael. Thank you!

So I really need to start fixing and preparing my docs. I only have my Certificate of Creditable Tax Withheld at Source (BIR Form 2307). To get my ITR means I need to settle na my BIR dues? Am I Correct? I was a bit clueless about these tax concerns until lately lang...Penalties, oh my.

Pano kaya yun kung 'di ako nakapag-file since 2011? 'Pag si-nettle ko siya ngayon lang, may bad effect kaya sa application ko if ever? Any experience like this?

Re: SSS naman, 5 months pa lang contribution ko from my first job last 2006 pa yun so not in the 5-year work history that should be included in the application. Ngayon pa lang ulit ako magcontribute, voluntarily... will this help? Thanks again! :)
I think the purpose why they are looking for ITRs and SSS is to prove that you are truly working. Aside from that it also indicates if you are a good citizen of your country paying your dues. Sometimes applying for something like this (QSW) wakes us up of our long standing dues. I would advice that you seek the help of someone who is expert on taxes to guide you. If you are working, why not seek the help of your accounting office or the person in charge with taxes. I don't know if paying your SSS now will help. Go to SSS and seek their expert advice regarding your case. Let's just hope that your over dues wont hinder you from getting a nod for your application. Best of luck!

Rexx

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2016=Form 137 and latest Work Experience, Doc sent-17-10-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED 14-02-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-15-2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-25-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-27-2018
LANDED..........
04-25-2018
frenchman said:
Comparative evaluation is a process in which they will check if your educational nursing background, rle and professional experiences match according to Quebec's standards.

Once you receive the oiiq cert, it will show what department you need to enroll for addition training. In my case, I need to enroll for gerontologic nursing. :)

Hope this helps.
It helps me to understand. Thanks

Rexx

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED 14-02-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-15-2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-25-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-27-2018
LANDED..........
04-25-2018
frenchman said:
securer said:
education credentials lang yan.wala sa experience. and about sa USRN. di na yan kelangan sa OIIQ kasi yung sa akin di na pina declare ng IO ng tumawag ako kasi di naman daw nila yan recognise. education and PRC lang. USRN mostly you can make a letter na i pwedi naman nila i verify online kung active pa license mo. just provide them your license number.
[/quote

True. ^_^
Pero much better if meron kang hospital experience :)

Sabi kasi sa form, experience from the last 4 yrr ang ilagay. ung hospital experiemce ko 5 yrs ago pa. then ung latest as care mgt nurse- para xang call center nurse kausap nmin pt. from states. ano sa tingin niyo valid kya yan na clinical experience.thanks

Rexx

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED 14-02-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-15-2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-25-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-27-2018
LANDED..........
04-25-2018
frame said:
Has anyone here knows wise consultancy based jn cebu/makati? Im looking for reviews about the consultancy but haven't read one yet. Are they efficient and trusted agent in handling papers for QSW immigrant visa?

wag ka na mgagency my fren. Dito sa forum na ito maraming willing sumagot ng mga queries mo. like us with 5 frens di na kmi ng agency. ang tumulong sa amin is forum ang ung fren nmin na nasa canada na pinapatawag nmin sa quebec for info.

Rexx

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED 14-02-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-15-2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-25-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-27-2018
LANDED..........
04-25-2018
securer said:
yes. because of my profession and because of ST Haiyan.
Why not call quebec immigration. Ang positive ng scenario mo then nagpapanega ka.

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
gladysumali said:
Hi ConradFael! :)

I've noticed that you answer most queries of the members here and we really appreciate that! I find your points and suggestions very sensible.

If I may ask...

(1) ...in your 2 months of living there in Quebec as an immigrant, how is it so far? I know someone already asked you this, but can you kindly share a bit of your daily life there, like your adjustments, the place where you live, the weather, etc... Kahit bits and pieces lang muna. ;-)

(2) Do you have a family of your own there in Quebec? Did you bring them with you in your application?

(3) You're an RN here sa Phils., right? What's your work there now? What steps are you taking now to be a Quebec RN?

I hope you won't mind me asking these. Just so we can imagine more how it's like to live there...:) And if not too much to ask, may I know your age? ;-)

Thanks so much! :)
(1) ...in your 2 months of living there in Quebec as an immigrant, how is it so far? I know someone already asked you this, but can you kindly share a bit of your daily life there, like your adjustments, the place where you live, the weather, etc... Kahit bits and pieces lang muna. ;-) Kindly back read my previous posts. I'll just talk about the weather. Its now spring although winter came back last Tuesday (it snowed). Anyway, the weather now is really nice and if you are athletic you will like to go out and make the most of the outdoor since its no longer as cold as the winter. Its 10 degrees today and I loved it. I don't have to wear thick coats. Adjustments, there's a lot to adjust and this page won't be enough for it. Just imagine yourself so far away from the place where you are used to. Every detail of your life has to adjust.

(2) Do you have a family of your own there in Quebec? Did you bring them with you in your application? Yes, I'm with my family and they're included in the application.

(3) You're an RN here sa Phils., right? What's your work there now? What steps are you taking now to be a Quebec RN? I don't have work now and since OIIQ seems to take some time to process my application, I am looking for a non nursing job. When you come here, you have to shed off whatever position, prestige and comfort and wear your survival instincts. This is a different country. If you want to survive, you have to be open to anything and that may mean working odd jobs or jobs you are not used to. Just don't lose hope and focus because there is a big chance that you will. Keep in mind that you have a dream and that is to work here as a nurse. One day it will come true. The road may be rough along the way but there is always a big possibility that you will be able to achieve it.

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Tacloban City, Leyte, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
April 21, 2014 but file opened march 17, 2014
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
Rexx said:
Why not call quebec immigration. Ang positive ng scenario mo then nagpapanega ka.
yes positive pero yun nga ang hirap makakuha ng certificate sa hospital at JD pati etc kasi yung baha talagang lampas tao. Whole ground floor ng hospital as in biniha. at nandun ang business office, admin office, HR nd other department which is focuses on paper works. kaya mahirap talaga makakuha ng hinihingi nila. I only have less than 2 months to comply pa naman.pati master's diploma ko ayaw pa ibigay ng school ko.hahayyyy..

frenchman

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal, Quebec
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Rexx said:
Sabi kasi sa form, experience from the last 4 yrr ang ilagay. ung hospital experiemce ko 5 yrs ago pa. then ung latest as care mgt nurse- para xang call center nurse kausap nmin pt. from states. ano sa tingin niyo valid kya yan na clinical experience.thanks

I read an article about qsw application and I forgot which website. It says there that if you completed your diploma 5 years ago, you must practice your profession for at least a year. If you graduated more than 5 yrs ago, any non course related job is fine.

I am not sure if it is applicable for the new policy.
Hope this helps. :)

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
spanky84us said:
I see, does it have a validity period like ielts?
Based on the reviewer of OIIQ exams that I have met during the course of my exploration here, the certificate of OIIQ is valid for 5 years from the date of issue.

Impertubable_myer

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
IELTS Request
filed together with CSQ application
pochiliit said:
Hi po! I am working as a contractual nurse po sa isang govt hospital.. 6 months contract then renew nalang po after that. So wala po kaming itr at sss kasi nga govt hospital. I stated naman po ang reason kung bakit wala po. Nkalodge na ako documents last march pa. Ang question ko po ganito. Nag decide po kasi ako mgbayad ng sss para incase nahanapan ako.my ipakita ako, ang tanong po voluntary po ba or self employed ang ibabayad ko sa sss?then ok lang po ba na minimum lang ibabayad ko monthly? Yung minimun 110 pesos po. Pls. Po any help ninyo po ako, salamat po ng marami sa lahay ng mag rereply!
How long have you been working on a contractual basis? And since when you started paying for your sss contribution?

Sorry we over looked your post here.

Impertubable_myer

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
IELTS Request
filed together with CSQ application
pochiliit said:
Wala pong sss kasi govt po and then walang itr po kasi minimun wage po at contractual po ako....
This is based on Guidebook for SSS Members:

Coverage of Employees
a. A private employee, whether permanent, temporary or provisional, not over 60 years of age.
b. Household-helper earning at least One Thousand (1,000) Philippine Peso a month is compulsory covered starting September 1, 1993.
c. A Filipino seafarer upon the signing of the standard contract of employment between the seafarer and the manning agency, which, together with the foreign ship owner, act as employers.
d. An employee of a foreign government, international organization or their wholly-owned instrumentality based in the Philippines, which enetered into an administrative agreement with the SSS for the coverage of its Filipino workers.
e. The parent, spouse or child below 21 years old of the owner of a single proprietorship business.
Effectivity for an employee starts on the first day of employment.

Coverage of Self-Employed Persons
A self-employed person, regardless of trade, business or occupation, with an income of at least P1,000 a month and not over 60 years of age, should register with the SSS. Included, but not limited to are the following self-employed persons: a. self-employed professionals; b. business partners, single proprietors, and board directors; c. actors, actresses, directors, scriptwriters and news correspondents who do not fall within the definition of the term "employee;" d. Professional athletes, coaches, trainers and jockeys; e. farmers and fisherfolks; f. workers in the informal sector such as cigarette vendors, watch-your-car-boys, hospitality girls, among others.
Effectivity is upon payment of the first valid contribution, in case of initial coverage. It does not mean that when you secure SS number, you are automatically covered as a member. One is considered a member if one have paid at least one month contribution.

Based on the guide you fall on self employed category and not on a Voluntary category cause you have a contractual job offer! I'm going to post below the guidelines for voluntary membership:

B. Voluntary Coverage
1. Coverage of Separated Members - a member who is separated from employment or ceased to be self-employed/ OFW/ non-working spouse and would like to continue paying his/her contributions.
2. Coverage of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) - Filipino recruited by a foreign-based employer for employment abroad; having a source of income in a foreign country; and permanent resident in a foreign country.
3. Coverage of Non-working Spouse of SSS Members - person legally married to a currently employed and actively paying SSS member who devotes full time in the management of household and family affairs maybe covered on a voluntary basis provided there is approval of the working spouse. The person should never have been a member of the SSS. the contributions will be based on 50 per cent of the working spouse's last posted monthly salary credit but in no case shall it be lower than One Thousand (1,000) Philippine Peso.
Effectivity for an OFW is upon first payment of contribution, in case of initial contribution. For a non-working spouse, upon the first payment of contribution. For a separated member, on the month the person resumed payment of contribution.

I hope that answers your query!

ladyMM

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-14
Doc's Request.
None so far
IELTS Request
Together in the application sent
pochiliit said:
Hi po! I am working as a contractual nurse po sa isang govt hospital.. 6 months contract then renew nalang po after that. So wala po kaming itr at sss kasi nga govt hospital. I stated naman po ang reason kung bakit wala po. Nkalodge na ako documents last march pa. Ang question ko po ganito. Nag decide po kasi ako mgbayad ng sss para incase nahanapan ako.my ipakita ako, ang tanong po voluntary po ba or self employed ang ibabayad ko sa sss?then ok lang po ba na minimum lang ibabayad ko monthly? Yung minimun 110 pesos po. Pls. Po any help ninyo po ako, salamat po ng marami sa lahay ng mag rereply!
Hi... Kung government employee wala po tlaga yan SSS gsis instead. Pwd na ung gsis mu Kasi they just want the proof that will validate your work Kasi pag self- employed na SSS walang employment history makikita nila na, yun din ang gusto nila makita Kasi . At saka pala ung Phil health mu pwd na un as a proof Kasi andun ung information San ka affiliated ngayun. :)

frenchman

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal, Quebec
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
pochiliit said:
Hello there! We have the same issue before. I was a contractual nurse, no SSS or tax. When I to the BIR, said the can't issue any tax exemption cert if it is for immigration, unless it is for a scholarship.

I went to the hospital's administrator's office and was advised to go the main Regional BIR office. I went there and asked for the ITR for the previous years, 2009 to 2011. I did not pay anything. I got the itr 2 weeks after request.

Hope this helps. Goodluck!

pochiliit

Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
Together with Application
frenchman said:
Hello there! We have the same issue before. I was a contractual nurse, no SSS or tax. When I to the BIR, said the can't issue any tax exemption cert if it is for immigration, unless it is for a scholarship.

I went to the hospital's administrator's office and was advised to go the main Regional BIR office. I went there and asked for the ITR for the previous years, 2009 to 2011. I did not pay anything. I got the itr 2 weeks after request.

Hope this helps. Goodluck!
Hi po! Taga saan po kayo?

pochiliit

Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
Together with Application
Tnx po

Impertubable_myer said:
This is based on Guidebook for SSS Members:

Coverage of Employees
a. A private employee, whether permanent, temporary or provisional, not over 60 years of age.
b. Household-helper earning at least One Thousand (1,000) Philippine Peso a month is compulsory covered starting September 1, 1993.
c. A Filipino seafarer upon the signing of the standard contract of employment between the seafarer and the manning agency, which, together with the foreign ship owner, act as employers.
d. An employee of a foreign government, international organization or their wholly-owned instrumentality based in the Philippines, which enetered into an administrative agreement with the SSS for the coverage of its Filipino workers.
e. The parent, spouse or child below 21 years old of the owner of a single proprietorship business.
Effectivity for an employee starts on the first day of employment.

Coverage of Self-Employed Persons
A self-employed person, regardless of trade, business or occupation, with an income of at least P1,000 a month and not over 60 years of age, should register with the SSS. Included, but not limited to are the following self-employed persons: a. self-employed professionals; b. business partners, single proprietors, and board directors; c. actors, actresses, directors, scriptwriters and news correspondents who do not fall within the definition of the term "employee;" d. Professional athletes, coaches, trainers and jockeys; e. farmers and fisherfolks; f. workers in the informal sector such as cigarette vendors, watch-your-car-boys, hospitality girls, among others.
Effectivity is upon payment of the first valid contribution, in case of initial coverage. It does not mean that when you secure SS number, you are automatically covered as a member. One is considered a member if one have paid at least one month contribution.

Based on the guide you fall on self employed category and not on a Voluntary category cause you have a contractual job offer! I'm going to post below the guidelines for voluntary membership:

B. Voluntary Coverage
1. Coverage of Separated Members - a member who is separated from employment or ceased to be self-employed/ OFW/ non-working spouse and would like to continue paying his/her contributions.
2. Coverage of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) - Filipino recruited by a foreign-based employer for employment abroad; having a source of income in a foreign country; and permanent resident in a foreign country.
3. Coverage of Non-working Spouse of SSS Members - person legally married to a currently employed and actively paying SSS member who devotes full time in the management of household and family affairs maybe covered on a voluntary basis provided there is approval of the working spouse. The person should never have been a member of the SSS. the contributions will be based on 50 per cent of the working spouse's last posted monthly salary credit but in no case shall it be lower than One Thousand (1,000) Philippine Peso.
Effectivity for an OFW is upon first payment of contribution, in case of initial contribution. For a non-working spouse, upon the first payment of contribution. For a separated member, on the month the person resumed payment of contribution.

I hope that answers your query!