+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER APPLICANTS FROM PHILIPPINES... LET'S SHARE EXPERIENCES..

gladysumali

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Manla, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 18, 2014; Received: Dec 23, 2014
AOR Received.
PER: March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
ConradFael said:
Should I declare them both in my applications even though they are not related to my nursing field? I attended an agency briefing for QSW kasi last Saturday, and they said, 'wag ko na raw i-declare if not related naman sa nursing. But my husband and my brother (who's already done with his medical for FSW--just this April) think otherwise. I just dont understand why you don't declare your previous jobs when its not related to nursing. Its not about the points that we are talking here but the honesty. If they found out that you omitted declaring it, it might count against you. If you check the application it was written under Employment 'employment during the past 5 years.' It does not say, nursing employment during the past 5 years.

2. And one more, both companies do not deduct contributions for SSS, only taxes. Will BIR forms suffice as supporting documents if ever? Did you not pay the SSS on your own? If not then you won't be able to provide any SSS proofs so make sure your BIR forms are complete for that 5 year period even if you don't have to submit 5 years (you may need it on your interview if you're going to have one).

3. Also, I just finished my post-graduate nurse training at a private tertiary hospital last Nov-Feb 2014 and will start another 2-month training in another private tertiary hospital this April-June 2014. No compensations for both. Will these trainings matter in my applications? I don't know if this will matter. You can ask others on the thread of their opinions. I don't have any idea.

4. And is form 137 /HS diploma really required? I can't find it sa list kasi, so far. You don't need it in the application but you will need it if you are going to ask for a comparative education of studies done outside of Quebec which you will do in the later part.

5. Also, if my points are enough, can I submit my application na without French Language Certification? But I will still enroll in a French class. I'm just a bit worried, baka magkaubusan ng slots... Just make sure that you have enough points. You can submit a diploma or certification later on to up your points.
Points taken, ConradFael. Thank you!

So I really need to start fixing and preparing my docs. I only have my Certificate of Creditable Tax Withheld at Source (BIR Form 2307). To get my ITR means I need to settle na my BIR dues? Am I Correct? I was a bit clueless about these tax concerns until lately lang...Penalties, oh my.

Pano kaya yun kung 'di ako nakapag-file since 2011? 'Pag si-nettle ko siya ngayon lang, may bad effect kaya sa application ko if ever? Any experience like this?

Re: SSS naman, 5 months pa lang contribution ko from my first job last 2006 pa yun so not in the 5-year work history that should be included in the application. Ngayon pa lang ulit ako magcontribute, voluntarily... will this help? Thanks again! :)

gladysumali

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Manla, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 18, 2014; Received: Dec 23, 2014
AOR Received.
PER: March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi ConradFael! :)

I've noticed that you answer most queries of the members here and we really appreciate that! I find your points and suggestions very sensible.

If I may ask...

(1) ...in your 2 months of living there in Quebec as an immigrant, how is it so far? I know someone already asked you this, but can you kindly share a bit of your daily life there, like your adjustments, the place where you live, the weather, etc... Kahit bits and pieces lang muna. ;-)

(2) Do you have a family of your own there in Quebec? Did you bring them with you in your application?

(3) You're an RN here sa Phils., right? What's your work there now? What steps are you taking now to be a Quebec RN?

I hope you won't mind me asking these. Just so we can imagine more how it's like to live there...:) And if not too much to ask, may I know your age? ;-)

Thanks so much! :)

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Tacloban City, Leyte, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
April 21, 2014 but file opened march 17, 2014
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
pochiliit said:
Wala pong sss kasi govt po and then walang itr po kasi minimun wage po at contractual po ako....
ask ka nalang ng certification from BIR or SSS na exempt ka kasi below minimum yung wage mo. :D

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
pavkrn said:
Meron po bang stamp ang BIR form 2316?
yung sakin po wala..yung may stamp is yung blue.

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
frenchman said:
Hello mga kababayans!! Good day!!
Just submitted my application for QSW last March 26, 2014. Waiting for AOR.
I already have OIIQ Certificate done back in 2011.
I am excited!!

-ivo
soon magkaka AOR ka din..sana pati kami :)

Rexx

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2016=Form 137 and latest Work Experience, Doc sent-17-10-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED 14-02-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-15-2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-25-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-27-2018
LANDED..........
04-25-2018
frenchman said:
Hello mga kababayans!! Good day!!
Just submitted my application for QSW last March 26, 2014. Waiting for AOR.
I already have OIIQ Certificate done back in 2011.
I am excited!!

-ivo

Hello. Ask ko lng paano ka nakareceived ng OIIQ Certificate? Ano ung mga important requirement like years of experince as Nurse mga ganun? Thanks

Rexx

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED 14-02-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-15-2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-25-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-27-2018
LANDED..........
04-25-2018
gladysumali said:
Points taken, ConradFael. Thank you!

So I really need to start fixing and preparing my docs. I only have my Certificate of Creditable Tax Withheld at Source (BIR Form 2307). To get my ITR means I need to settle na my BIR dues? Am I Correct? I was a bit clueless about these tax concerns until lately lang...Penalties, oh my.

Pano kaya yun kung 'di ako nakapag-file since 2011? 'Pag si-nettle ko siya ngayon lang, may bad effect kaya sa application ko if ever? Any experience like this?

Re: SSS naman, 5 months pa lang contribution ko from my first job last 2006 pa yun so not in the 5-year work history that should be included in the application. Ngayon pa lang ulit ako magcontribute, voluntarily... will this help? Thanks again! :)

Hello. I think you need to get an advise with an accountant, which expertise on TAXes.

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
Rexx said:
Hello. Ask ko lng paano ka nakareceived ng OIIQ Certificate? Ano ung mga important requirement like years of experince as Nurse mga ganun? Thanks
parang credential evaluation lang siya. like i cocompare yung education mo sa pinas kung abot ba sa standards nila yung years of education mo o hindi.

Rexx

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED 14-02-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-15-2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-25-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-27-2018
LANDED..........
04-25-2018
securer said:
parang credential evaluation lang siya. like i cocompare yung education mo sa pinas kung abot ba sa standards nila yung years of education mo o hindi.
On your experience? kc ako 1 yr volunteer nurse then 2 1/2 years as care mgt nurse- this is telephone base work as nurse. Actually meron na akong form na galing sa ordre des infirmieres et infiers du quebec na. balak ko i go ko to pag my AOR na ako.

Rexx

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED 14-02-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-15-2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-25-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-27-2018
LANDED..........
04-25-2018
Rexx said:
On your experience? kc ako 1 yr volunteer nurse then 2 1/2 years as care mgt nurse- this is telephone base work as nurse. Actually meron na akong form na galing sa ordre des infirmieres et infiers du quebec na. balak ko i go ko to pag my AOR na ako.

Add: Im also USRN . kelangan pa kaya odeclare yun kc Im reading the form yung sa ATTESTATION OF REGISTRATION.

frenchman

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal, Quebec
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
securer said:
soon magkaka AOR ka din..sana pati kami :)
Hopefully.. In God's time! Thanks :))

frenchman

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal, Quebec
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Rexx said:
Rexx said:
Hello there!! You have to to their main website (www dot oiiq dot org) and you must go to their contact us corner.
Send them an email that you wany to apply for oiiq certificate. They will reply and ask you for name, birthday and address.

Different forms will be sent to you and you have to fill it out.
There are forms to be given to the PRC, your nursing school and affiliated hopsotal for your professional experiences

Note: these forms must be sent using agencies envelope and they must be the one who will send it to the oiiq.

Your forms like general info, etc. should be sent to oiiq alone. Must be filled out completely.

Oiiq people will contact you thru email and will send you an email once they receive the docs from prc, school and hospital/s. Once they have all the info, they will run comparative evaluation for months.
Once done, they will send you the oiiq cert with several forms like: several nursing school lists, french exam application form, manual etc.

Back in 2010, there is a payment for CAD $700 for oiiq cert.
I am not sure how much it is as of the moment.

Patience is a virtue. This is the process I experienced back in 2010. Not sure if they still have the same process now. Goodluck!!

frenchman

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal, Quebec
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Joghart said:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this thread and I just want to ask some few questions regarding the IELTS. I am planning to submit my application by the end of the month. Hence, I have taken my IELTS exam last 5th of April and received the result today. Fortunately, I got the minimum requirement for QSW (L5 R4 W5 S5). Ilan points ba in total ang makukuha ko under English Language Proficiency? My score is L-5.5 / R-5.5 / W-5.5 / S-5.5.
Hi there! According to my agency, writing and reading is not as critical as speaking and listening.
If you reach 5.5 listening and speaking, you will have 4 points. If you reached 7 speaking and 8 Listening, you will have 6 points.

Hope this helps. Goodluck!

frenchman

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal, Quebec
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Rexx said:
Add: Im also USRN . kelangan pa kaya odeclare yun kc Im reading the form yung sa ATTESTATION OF REGISTRATION.
Hello there! As far as I know, attestation of registration is for the prc. There is a certain part on the form that you need to declare if you are holding usrn license. You musta have to declare it.

Hope this helps.

frenchman

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal, Quebec
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Rexx said:
If I were you, I will Apply na for oiiq cert as soon as possible. :)