+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER APPLICANTS FROM PHILIPPINES... LET'S SHARE EXPERIENCES..

Dan Martin

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
IELTS Request
sent together with the forms and other requirements
megalomax said:
My additional requirement was a TOR from my old school. The situation was, I finished my first 2 years of nursing in a different college. However what I submitted was only the TOR of my latest college. I was confident with their TOR because it included the TOR of my previous college. So the documents that the immigration office asked were originals for the previous college and I clarified with the office that they required translated especially for tagalog subjects.

So what I submitted was the TOR, a course description translated and even a certification because my first 2 years in college resulted in an associate degree in AHSE.

I received an intent to reject letter July 2016. I was able to comply with my documents and submitted October 12, 2016 (date of receipt in Quebec). The deadline was on October 24 I think.

So... fast forward today, I just got word from my parents that my CSQ arrived ;) My permanent address is my parent's home because I'm only renting my place here near work.

I submitted files in 2014 so I guess they were almost right about the waiting time. I'm just thankful it took about 24 months and not the expected 40 months.
Hi, please share to us the Annex A of intent to reject letter, if you don't mind. thanks

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
Dan Martin said:
do you work abroad or locally? we have the same timeline but I received my intent to reject letter just Dec 2016 and send the updates last of week of Jan 2017. what documents did you send them for updates? is it the translation of your tagalog subjects or TOR from your first school?
Hello. I work in Bukidnon. It's in my post po :)

I'll try to upload in a while. I'm still working on something.

geloliciousRN

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 10 2014
AOR Received.
May 24 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Mga kabayan

May nagtry naba dto mgtransfer ng Visa Office sa Federal stage.. Like from ABUDAHBI VISA OFFICE itransfer sa MANILA VISA OFFICE

Salamat :)

pretty_18

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC:2141 Quebec.Code:B666
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 5, 2015 CC charged: Nov. 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan. 12,2016
IELTS Request
Nov. 1, 2014
Hello, is it possible to change my application from accompanying to non-accompanying spouse?
I am worried because we are lack in points if with spouse. Will they consider to change my status and treat me as single applicant?

Thank you so much

prettykayshin

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-13
Doc's Request.
CSQ received on 8/18/16
AOR Received.
21/05/2014
IELTS Request
included in file
File Transfer...
Federal Stage: Application Sent 12/9/2016; AOR received 10/12/2016
Med's Request
January 19, 2017
Med's Done....
February 6, 2017
Bringing your spouse means you will have to satisfy at least 57 pts. Its up for you to decide whats best.

pretty_18 said:
Hello, is it possible to change my application from accompanying to non-accompanying spouse?
I am worried because we are lack in points if with spouse. Will they consider to change my status and treat me as single applicant?

Thank you so much

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
QS2017 said:
Did you received any interview request from PHILIPPINE VO in the federal stage
I'm curious about this too.

ron_acadcel24

May 9, 2014
Isabela - Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-15
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Hi Everyone! i know everybody are patiently waiting for their Federal AORs and CSQs. Congratulations for those who already have it! As for me, I am patiently waiting for my CSQ. I just have some concerns and i am hoping someone can provide some clarification. Registered Nurse Here, but when I submitted my application - I was not practicing in hospital; I was taking care of my mom who had a stroke. I included an affidavit about it -- though my work experience is sufficient enough to give me more than the required points. Now, since we spent a lot for the medication of my mom, i worked in a BPO - healthcare account to support the expenses and to earn for the needed money to go to CA. I see on the application forms for Federal Stage - current job, If i put there my current job - does this have any bearing on my federal stage application? Shall i seek nurse related job again? im not sure If i would continue to pursue nursing related job when i get to Canada anyway. Is this possible? i hope someone would clear out some clouds on my head. Thank you so much mga Kabayan! Godbless everyone! :)

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
ron_acadcel24 said:
Hi Everyone! i know everybody are patiently waiting for their Federal AORs and CSQs. Congratulations for those who already have it! As for me, I am patiently waiting for my CSQ. I just have some concerns and i am hoping someone can provide some clarification. Registered Nurse Here, but when I submitted my application - I was not practicing in hospital; I was taking care of my mom who had a stroke. I included an affidavit about it -- though my work experience is sufficient enough to give me more than the required points. Now, since we spent a lot for the medication of my mom, i worked in a BPO - healthcare account to support the expenses and to earn for the needed money to go to CA. I see on the application forms for Federal Stage - current job, If i put there my current job - does this have any bearing on my federal stage application? Shall i seek nurse related job again? im not sure If i would continue to pursue nursing related job when i get to Canada anyway. Is this possible? i hope someone would clear out some clouds on my head. Thank you so much mga Kabayan! Godbless everyone! :)
Did you get an intent to reject letter? Because there's a part there where you can fill up a form to update your work experience.

There's also another form that you can fill up when you get your CSQ.

As for experience in Nursing, I'm not 100% sure about this but I don't think it will really matter to the immigration if you don't have enough experience (yet). What matters is that you are licensed in country of origin and qualify as an IEN (internationally educated nurse). I think your application will proceed as normal.

However, it's when you try to get registered as a nurse in Quebec/Canada where you'll have a problem. I think they have a safety practice period where you need X number of years of experience in the past X number of years. It won't stop you from registering but the experience will help determine if you have to do a bridging program, take the exams directly or go back to school. Again I'm not entirely sure of that.

With permission from mods https://www.facebook.com/groups/990659314298900/ this FB group has nurses who have more experience with regards Nursing.

ron_acadcel24

May 9, 2014
Isabela - Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-15
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
megalomax said:
Did you get an intent to reject letter? Because there's a part there where you can fill up a form to update your work experience.

There's also another form that you can fill up when you get your CSQ.

As for experience in Nursing, I'm not 100% sure about this but I don't think it will really matter to the immigration if you don't have enough experience (yet). What matters is that you are licensed in country of origin and qualify as an IEN (internationally educated nurse). I think your application will proceed as normal.

However, it's when you try to get registered as a nurse in Quebec/Canada where you'll have a problem. I think they have a safety practice period where you need X number of years of experience in the past X number of years. It won't stop you from registering but the experience will help determine if you have to do a bridging program, take the exams directly or go back to school. Again I'm not entirely sure of that.

With permission from mods https://www.facebook.com/groups/990659314298900/ this FB group has nurses who have more experience with regards Nursing.
Hi! Thanks a Lot Megalomax.... i really appreciate you taking time to respond to my query.

Nope, i have not received any intent to reject letter. I received my AOR January 05, 2015 and still patiently waiting for the CSQ.

I think I satisfied their years of experience requirement got more than 5 yrs as Clinical Instructor and more than a year hospital. I also has reached the max in Educational Attainment. Hopefully things will be in our favor.

AS of now im still working in a BPO healthcare account while trying to save more for the succeeding steps of the application. Im also doing self learning on the French Language - downloaded audio and worksheets from Michael Thomas (very helpful).

Anything else you could advise me sir while still waiting for the CSQ? something else to prepare or work on?

Again Thank you so much! Godbless!

- Ron

prettykayshin

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-13
Doc's Request.
CSQ received on 8/18/16
AOR Received.
21/05/2014
IELTS Request
included in file
File Transfer...
Federal Stage: Application Sent 12/9/2016; AOR received 10/12/2016
Med's Request
January 19, 2017
Med's Done....
February 6, 2017
Hi! Quebec can only award points for your work experience acquired in recent 5 years from the date of submission related to your profession.

ron_acadcel24 said:
Hi! Thanks a Lot Megalomax.... i really appreciate you taking time to respond to my query.

Nope, i have not received any intent to reject letter. I received my AOR January 05, 2015 and still patiently waiting for the CSQ.

I think I satisfied their years of experience requirement got more than 5 yrs as Clinical Instructor and more than a year hospital. I also has reached the max in Educational Attainment. Hopefully things will be in our favor.

AS of now im still working in a BPO healthcare account while trying to save more for the succeeding steps of the application. Im also doing self learning on the French Language - downloaded audio and worksheets from Michael Thomas (very helpful).

Anything else you could advise me sir while still waiting for the CSQ? something else to prepare or work on?

Again Thank you so much! Godbless!

- Ron

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
Hello! I already got my permanent resident visa via Quebec application. I am currently working in Saudi as an Infection Control Practitioner/nurse... I have questions po...

1. What documents do I need to secure before leaving Saudi? (Like police clearance, etc...) Do I need to get a good standing / certification from saudi council for my nursing license here same as PRC in ph?

2. Can I transfer immediately to Toronto if I don't get any job in Quebec?

3. How can I bring money po going there? Need ko po ba ng bank account?

Kindly give me some tips po on what to expect, what to prepare before going to canada and in arrival (airport) and how to survive alone for the 1st months.

Thank you po.

Dan Martin

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
IELTS Request
sent together with the forms and other requirements
BB_keina said:
Hello! I already got my permanent resident visa via Quebec application. I am currently working in Saudi as an Infection Control Practitioner/nurse... I have questions po...

1. What documents do I need to secure before leaving Saudi? (Like police clearance, etc...) Do I need to get a good standing / certification from saudi council for my nursing license here same as PRC in ph?

2. Can I transfer immediately to Toronto if I don't get any job in Quebec?

3. How can I bring money po going there? Need ko po ba ng bank account?

Kindly give me some tips po on what to expect, what to prepare before going to canada and in arrival (airport) and how to survive alone for the 1st months.

Thank you po.
2. i think you need to stay in quebec because we signed a document in our application to intent to stay in that province. also, you will not encounter any issues in getting your citizenship in the future.

i dont have an answer on question #1 and 2. maybe other members can answer that one. i have a friend who already in quebec, you can find many jobs in montreal but to get a job as a nurse, you need to study french and their bridging program.

please share your timeline... thanks

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
Dan Martin said:
2. i think you need to stay in quebec because we signed a document in our application to intent to stay in that province. also, you will not encounter any issues in getting your citizenship in the future.

i dont have an answer on question #1 and 2. maybe other members can answer that one. i have a friend who already in quebec, you can find many jobs in montreal but to get a job as a nurse, you need to study french and their bridging program.

please share your timeline... thanks
Thanks for your help...

What timeline? I re activate this account this year since I got a request for medical last December. Finished my medical last January 2 got my visa last February 25.

vinyl

Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017