+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Selected Applicant

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Dear friends , i am new in this forum. I would like to ask if anyone has any idea about internet case status request. My Application is at the Canadian Embassy in Beijing. I checked online for my status the first time and it read " Application in queue for assessment " the second time i checked and it read " file under review " My question now is, i really do not understand the differences between the 2 entries. The second question is when the visa office sends an applicant a letter ,do they indicate on the internet status ? well, i am just guessing that, they might have sent me a medical request but i am not sure. Please through more light.

Thanks

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
I am not 100% sure but I would assume that In Queue means that you are on the waiting list to be processed (i.e. they have not looked at the file) while under review means they are currently processing it (at whatever stage).

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hi openeye,

Thanks alot for your answer. I think i share the same view with you. Still waiting to see what happens next. The status online is still the same.How about you are you in Canada already?

letamouche

Nov 5, 2008
Hi Chinaconnection,

Can you please post the link where you check on-line the status of your application?
Thanx

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hello Letamouche,

here is the link for internet case status request. Is your application at the Beijing office ? coz the link was given to my by the visa section Canadian embassy in Beijing.

http://geo.international.gc.ca/asia/china/immigration/beijing/i nternet-case-status-request-en.asp

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
I think you should mention that you already have a CSQ and applied with this for your PR, otherwise some people might get confused ;)

You can only check your PR status, not the CSQ one.

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Oh!,

I thought the subject would be enough.Coz it said " Quebec Selected Applicant "

Well ,yes , i have a selction certificate from the Quebec office in Hongkong. But my application for PR is at the Beijing visa office.

letamouche

Nov 5, 2008
Hi Chinaconnection,

I thought that on the official Quebec Immigration web-site they have a new service, on-line cheking of your application, that I didn't know, but I was obviously wrong.
We haven't received the CSQ, as we started our procedure 3 months ago in the Vienna Visa Office.
I wish you all the best in your further procedure.

BR

Baiyang

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2015
Doc's Request.
14 Sept, 2015 (RPRFee)
AOR Received.
March, 2015
File Transfer...
March, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront Dec 2014
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2015
LANDED..........
03-12-2015
Hi Chinaconnection!

Online status in my case is changed from "waiting information from external source" to "File under review".
Would you please share your experience with PR application at Beijing embassy that how much time they take b/w "File under review" and "Medical request".

Thanks in advance!