+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec PGP 2019 Applicants

Jag49

Jul 2, 2013
Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for my Mother under PGP in 2019 and I'm in Quebec. Is someone aware of all the places where the process/requirements diverge from the normal (provinces other than Quebec) PGP?

I could find these ones out but if someone could confirm and add to it, we all could benefit.

1) Instead of a three-year mandatory income requirement, Quebec only asks for the last 12 months. For 2019, it would probably be 2017 and 2018 NOA.
2) The undertaking time frame is different (usually lesser)
3) You have to submit an application to MIDI for the undertaking and CSQ

Are there other steps too? OR especially steps where things are different?

Reactions: qaseemali

qaseemali

Oct 14, 2013
Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for my Mother under PGP in 2019 and I'm in Quebec. Is someone aware of all the places where the process/requirements diverge from the normal (provinces other than Quebec) PGP?

I could find these ones out but if someone could confirm and add to it, we all could benefit.

1) Instead of a three-year mandatory income requirement, Quebec only asks for the last 12 months. For 2019, it would probably be 2017 and 2018 NOA.
2) The undertaking time frame is different (usually lesser)
3) You have to submit an application to MIDI for the undertaking and CSQ

Are there other steps too? OR especially steps where things are different?

I am planning to do the same for my mom. I cannot confirm this, but this is also what I understand from what I read from IRCC and MIDI website.
The IRCC says:
You must meet Quebec’s immigration sponsorship requirements after we approve you as a sponsor. The Quebec ministry in charge of immigration will assess your income.

You must also sign an undertaking with the province of Quebec.

The highlighted text, does it mean we, residents of Quebec, will be approved immediately and then MIDI will do its part? If not, what will be the criteria for approval of Quebec residents?
Also, will the time allowed to file a submission be the same for us, since we have an additional part of the process we will have to go through. ?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
IRCC asked for csq, can i send scanned copy or do i have to send the originals ?

hamidreza.es

Nov 17, 2018
Hi,

quick question: I sponsored my parents through Quebec PGP. can they land and stay in another province or they must enter through Quebec?

any guidance/link will be much appreciated as we need to get tickets asap.

Thanks