Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BubbOZ said:
Hi...

1) We got a hard copy from MICC and no email. As long as you get something from MICC, it's ok.

2) My personal opinion is that your CSQ application should use the latest date (10-Jan).
how u got reply from cic after the decision was made on sponsorship evaluation, was it email or hard copy ( cic letter)

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
We received a hard copy from CIC to proceed with MICC. The CSQ decision was also hard copy. No emails from either agencies.

hi am there said:
how u got reply from cic after the decision was made on sponsorship evaluation, was it email or hard copy ( cic letter)

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
UPDATE: CIC requests confirmation of passport details

Type: Spousal
Visa Office: Sydney (Australia)

Medical Done - Submitted with CIC Application
Police Check Done - Submitted with CIC Application

2013/10/22 - CIC Application Received [Courier Date]
2013/11/06 - CIC Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) [Email Date] [2 weeks]
2013/11/07 - CIC Transfer to Visa Office (Sydney, Australia) [1 day]
2013/11/13 - CIC Letter to proceed with MICC [Snail mail Date] [1 week]
2013/11/20 - MICC Application Received [Courier Date] [1 week]
2013/11/27 - MICC Charged Credit Card [1 week]
2013/12/10 - MICC CSQ Received and Approved. Emailed a copy to Sydney Visa Office, as requested. [Snail mail Date] [2 weeks]
2013/12/23 - CIC Requests Confirmation of Passport Details [2 weeks]

Running time: 11 weeks since 22-Oct-2013.

Is this the passport request phase? Both of our boxes show "Decision Made" on ECAS.

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BubbOZ said:
We received a hard copy from CIC to proceed with MICC. The CSQ decision was also hard copy. No emails from either agencies.
thx a lot BubbOZ.. we r yet to receive the hard copy frm cic which was sent on 3rd.still waiting..did cic inform u regarding the file transfer to visa office..i mean how do u knw the date of file transfer to VO?

my VO is india, delhi.
i think ur processing is faster. good luck

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
When we received our letter from CIC, it informed us that it was transferred to the Visa Office.

hi am there said:
thx a lot BubbOZ.. we r yet to receive the hard copy frm cic which was sent on 3rd.still waiting..did cic inform u regarding the file transfer to visa office..i mean how do u knw the date of file transfer to VO?

my VO is india, delhi.
i think ur processing is faster. good luck

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Hi guys, I received sponsor approval yesterday Jan 13, 2014 and also submitted CSQ app to MICC the same day by dropping it off in person.

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patience09 said:
Hi guys, I received sponsor approval yesterday Jan 13, 2014 and also submitted CSQ app to MICC the same day by dropping it off in person.
hi..we r in the same train.. :) receivd sponsorship aproval 0n 13th and sent the micc forms today..keep in touch.

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patience09 said:
which is ur visa office..? mine delhi

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Mine is Ottawa. Good luck to you as well!

james1121

Nov 8, 2012
Hi there,

I am in the final stages of completing my forms for both the sponsor and main application forms for a family class visa for permanent residency. Just before I print off and prepare for the documents to be signed I thought it would be best to run a couple of queries on this board to ensure I understand the section correctly. If anyone knows the best action to take on even 1 of these points that will be a huge help!

The background is I (the applicant) am a British citizen and my spouse (sponsor) is a Canadian citizen by birth. We got married in the Uk in 2007 and both currently live & work there. Be both intend to return to Canada (Provence of Quebec).

Part 1 Sponsorship

- Also on the Sponsorship questionnaire under current employment, it asks for the monthly income to be provided in $. As she currently is employed in the Uk, should I still provide her income in $, using a approximate exchange rate (e.g. 1.55 $ to £)?

- Some of the sponsorship forms are not required if the sponsor resides in Quebec (e.g. Sponsorship evaluation). Whilst we intend to move their (and complete the CSQ once sponsorship approved), both of us currently reside in the UK. Just to confirm that these forms definitely do not apply to us?

Part 2 Immigration forms

- The Applicant questionnaire under the maintaining contact section (questions 24-26) it asks for details on visits to the sponsor and maintaining contact when not together. As we both reside together in the UK should I just confirm that as the response?

- Finally, should I send the sponsorship and main application forms/ documents together in one package, or separately?

I have my medical completed (earlier this month) am just awaiting the police certificate to come through. I have all other documents, including evidence or relationship, intentions for the sponsor to re-establish themselves in Canada etc.

Many thanks in advance

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Hi...

* Use a reasonable exchange rate. I googled GBP/CAD and got 1.80.
* Correct. Some forms are NOT applicable for those intending to live in Quebec.

* Mention you live together in UK.
* All in ONE big envelope tracked by courier. :)
* We waited until we received all police checks before sending it in ONE big package.

james1121 said:
Hi there,

I am in the final stages of completing my forms for both the sponsor and main application forms for a family class visa for permanent residency. Just before I print off and prepare for the documents to be signed I thought it would be best to run a couple of queries on this board to ensure I understand the section correctly. If anyone knows the best action to take on even 1 of these points that will be a huge help!

The background is I (the applicant) am a British citizen and my spouse (sponsor) is a Canadian citizen by birth. We got married in the Uk in 2007 and both currently live & work there. Be both intend to return to Canada (Provence of Quebec).

Part 1 Sponsorship

- Also on the Sponsorship questionnaire under current employment, it asks for the monthly income to be provided in $. As she currently is employed in the Uk, should I still provide her income in $, using a approximate exchange rate (e.g. 1.55 $ to £)?

- Some of the sponsorship forms are not required if the sponsor resides in Quebec (e.g. Sponsorship evaluation). Whilst we intend to move their (and complete the CSQ once sponsorship approved), both of us currently reside in the UK. Just to confirm that these forms definitely do not apply to us?

Part 2 Immigration forms

- The Applicant questionnaire under the maintaining contact section (questions 24-26) it asks for details on visits to the sponsor and maintaining contact when not together. As we both reside together in the UK should I just confirm that as the response?

- Finally, should I send the sponsorship and main application forms/ documents together in one package, or separately?

I have my medical completed (earlier this month) am just awaiting the police certificate to come through. I have all other documents, including evidence or relationship, intentions for the sponsor to re-establish themselves in Canada etc.

Many thanks in advance

james1121

Nov 8, 2012
BubbOZ said:
Hi...

* Use a reasonable exchange rate. I googled GBP/CAD and got 1.80.
* Correct. Some forms are NOT applicable for those intending to live in Quebec.

* Mention you live together in UK.
* All in ONE big envelope tracked by courier. :)
* We waited until we received all police checks before sending it in ONE big package.
Many thanaks this is very useful to know. Hopefully I can now finish the application and send it all next week. I will update my progress on the board.

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

my wife had filed an application to sponsor me, ( she is a Quebec resident)
we already sent the undertaking forms to micc and my file has been transferred to the delhi visa office.my question is

1. i have a foreign job offer and going abroad soon, do u think this will make a problem in the process of my application in delhi office?

2. do u think they will transfer my file to the foreign visa office? ( i am not planning to work there more than 6months even though i hav a 2year general work permit). can i write my situation to the visa office and request them to process in delhi?

3. i am ready to travel to india if they call for an interview, is this possible?

4. what do i do if they ask me to submit my passport to the visa office? can i ask for an extension or ask them to send a request for the passport once the whole process is complete or in the last stage of the process? is this possble?

your response from ur experience or knowledge is highly appreciated..plz help me if u knw somthing about this or went through a similar situation..
thaks a lot

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
I'm under the impression that you can NOT change Visa Office. Check the processing time for Delhi. You might have completed your 6-month foreign work before the process has been completed.

If Delhi requires an interview, be prepared to return to India.

From my understanding, passport request is one of the last stages.

hi am there said:
hi,

my wife had filed an application to sponsor me, ( she is a Quebec resident)
we already sent the undertaking forms to micc and my file has been transferred to the delhi visa office.my question is

1. i have a foreign job offer and going abroad soon, do u think this will make a problem in the process of my application in delhi office?

2. do u think they will transfer my file to the foreign visa office? ( i am not planning to work there more than 6months even though i hav a 2year general work permit). can i write my situation to the visa office and request them to process in delhi?

3. i am ready to travel to india if they call for an interview, is this possible?

4. what do i do if they ask me to submit my passport to the visa office? can i ask for an extension or ask them to send a request for the passport once the whole process is complete or in the last stage of the process? is this possble?

your response from ur experience or knowledge is highly appreciated..plz help me if u knw somthing about this or went through a similar situation..
thaks a lot

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Ugh, so annoyed. My MICC application was returned because I used the old amount from 2013 of $266 :eek:. 2014 as of Jan 1 is $269.

So I have to send it back to them with the correct payment. The good thing is that they stamped when it was originally received, so hopefully I won't start over from scratch!