+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec New Rules to Older applicants. We must unite to challenge it.

shames

May 18, 2013
Dear Every Quebec applicants,

The new law retroactively applied to old applications is not acceptable under any natural laws. Why not we all unite and go to court/human and consumer rights organization protecting our choice. Why we should be always suppressed? I strongly believe that we must have a choice? Whether to accept the new rules or to protest over it? I agree that they can change the rules any time, but they can not force the rules on us unless we want to accept it. There is extremely high chance that we may win if we challenge against this rule. Similar situation has been seen before in other places, and retroactivity has been denied by the court. They should not impose the new rules on the older applicants. They should at least give applicant a choice, though in worst case :

1. Whether applicants want to update their file with new documents or tests under new rules for those interested?
or 2. Whether applicants want to withdraw the application back with correct fees paid to them?

The imposed rule is against natural laws. Please do not be suppressed and forced to accept the rule imposed to us. We should work and demand for justice. Our voice should be heard. It is like "stronger suppressing weaker" and in such case history speaks itself!

Please comment and lets do something so that this does not happen to anyone again anywhere in the world. Please think that in this way we cannot be confident on the immigration process. They may change the rules any time and impose it on us and we will be in trobule on many occasions. This is a sign of absolute suppression of our rights of choice, rights of consumer. Our rights and choice of acceptance must be protected! They cannot apply rules retroactively once they accept the files and get the fees. Nobody in this world would agree on that. Have we ever seen that natural process retroact? Its even very ugly to think about it!

We are living in the time, where any rules should be just to the human society.

What do you say? Lets unite against this unnatural and unjust retroactive laws.

Please have a broad discussion and lets work for amicable solution for all. Most importantly, we never signed any documents saying that we agree to the retroactive rules. Also, it was never mentioned in any guides or applications forms. I only believe that Keeping our fees may help our case to be stronger.

Shames

Dreamland1234

Jul 19, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-02-2016
Med's Request
16-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-216
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Brother there will be no result at all :( I was a FSW applicant before February, 2008. Challenged in the Federal Court but unfortunately no result. I applied for CSQ and received AOR on May, 2013. Don't know whether I am affected by the new rule. If new rule applicable for me I will loose 6 points. However, persuing my french language improvement and trying to get the level B2 before interview. I would suggest, you also try to follow the rule rather challenging their law. You will just loose money and time.

Hope for the best.

shames

May 18, 2013
Can you suggest, how was it possible to challenge it in the court? I mean what is the procedure. I respect your suggestion, but don't you think that Federal gave your applications and money back? This was the cause that Federal court rules in their favor. As far as response from FAQ, your file will be also affected. Unfortunately, you may be never sure in this way that in few months, there may be new rules which may replace the current rule. So don't you think its a pain in neck.

Thanks

Shames

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shames said:
Can you suggest, how was it possible to challenge it in the court? I mean what is the procedure. I respect your suggestion, but don't you think that Federal gave your applications and money back? This was the cause that Federal court rules in their favor. As far as response from FAQ, your file will be also affected. Unfortunately, you may be never sure in this way that in few months, there may be new rules which may replace the current rule. So don't you think its a pain in neck.
No - the Federal court didn't give their money back. CIC had already said they would be giving the fees back before the court case even started. All the court case did was take money out of applicants' pockets and put it in lawyers' pockets.

If you want to challenge the Quebec rules in court, find a Canadian lawyer to represent you and be ready to pay more money.

Dreamland1234

Jul 19, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-02-2016
Med's Request
16-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-216
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Had I asked for the refund or was it in the contract? Rather, if FSW demanded double fee, I was able to give! :mad:

Dipolog

Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Waiting!!!!
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
is this real or not? why old applicants will hit by the new rules? may i know what source you get this info? :eek:

shames

May 18, 2013
Please check this website: they clearly mention that.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/informations/faq.html#1aout