+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Investor Programme

sue

Apr 21, 2007
Hi Guys

We have recently sent off our paper work, can any one tell me how long it takes to recieve a file number and then how long to wait for the interview. If anyone else has applied via this way wasit a successful way to get into canada. How long the whole process takes and is the interview tough.

Thanks ....

riztech

Aug 14, 2006
Their website states minimum 3 months to 7 months but it really depends on the country of application. Check their site.

Interview is not always conducted for Business Immigrants, again this depends on the country where you live.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

riztech said:
Their website states minimum 3 months to 7 months but it really depends on the country of application. Check their site.

Interview is not always conducted for Business Immigrants, again this depends on the country where you live.
See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/03b-business-que.asp for overseas processing times.

PMM

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
The interview is used to answer questions about your application. Usually they ask for it because you were missing some documentation or something didn't make sense. They might also be verifying your relationship. Questions will be along those lines.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
sue said:
Thanks

As we are going as an investor and the main applicant is my partner, I take it they will concerntrate on him more than me. Also about 18 years ago I was introuble with the police for fraud I was not sent to prision but given a community sentence with counciling will this effect our application. I did tell our immigration lawyer this and they said dont worry it.
I'm a little concerned about this. Enough time has elapsed on your conviction that you should be able to apply for rehabilitation. However, it is my understanding that rehabilitation is not granted until/unless you apply for it. So having that conviction on your record is a problem. I suggest you have another talk with your immigration attorney and ask him/her whether it wouldn't be wise to apply for rehab. Here's a link for further information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/rehabil.asp

sue

Apr 21, 2007
GUYS

Good news we have been accepted for the Quebec programme, they have given us 20 days to transfer funds.

Once we have done that we have the federal checks and medicals and looking at the time span we should be in Canada for Sept/Oct this year.

sue

Apr 21, 2007
Guys

Just recieved my medical slips in the post today, having medicals 17th nov does anyone know when we will be asked for our passports after medical
Thansk

ghiaskhan

To immigrate to Québec, applicants and their families are required to satisfy both Québec selection criteria AND Canada’s admission requirements.

An application for permanent residence is refused if the applicant’s health or that of a family member (accompanying the applicant or not) is deemed to present a health or public safety risk or to result in an excessive burden on the health and social services in Canada, even if the candidate has obtained a CSQ.

Criminal and security checks
If you have a criminal record you may not be allowed to enter Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada's security are not allowed to come to Canada either.

If you want to immigrate to Canada, you and any family members over the age of 18 who come to Canada with you must provide police certificates to the visa office.

If you apply using the regular application process, you must submit the police certificates with your application. If you apply using the simplified application process, the visa office will contact you and ask you to provide the required documentation at a later date.

You can find more information about criminal and security checks in the I Need To... section on the right-hand side of this page.

The decision on your application
The CIC officer will make a decision on your application based on several factors, including:

the results of your medical examination
the results of your criminal and security checks
whether you meet the points you accumulate under each of the five selection factors.

The visa office will contact you if it needs more documentation or if you are required to attend an interview.

If your application is approved, you will be asked to submit your passport to the Canadian visa office where you applied in order to receive your permanent resident visa.

sue

Apr 21, 2007
Hi
Update on medical. Had medical last week and they did physical check up, blood & chest xray all done on same day. Does any one know how long we have to wait for the federal checks to take and when the visa office will get these medical results. Thanks

sue

Apr 21, 2007
Just got request to take our passports down to canadian embassy for visas process so far took less than one year from interview date but from application took exactly 1 year