+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Investor immigration

Naeem shaikh

Feb 5, 2019
I think federal government should realise QIIP immigrants would invest in the economy to regenerate employment in this difficult situation and expedite their cases I hope the better sense will prevail

Reactions: Shehzad26

Shehzad26

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Khulna
Visa Office......
Singapore
I think federal government should realise QIIP immigrants would invest in the economy to regenerate employment in this difficult situation and expedite their cases I hope the better sense will prevail
any update in ur file, no update For me after biometric since last 17 months.

Last edited:

Naeem shaikh

Feb 5, 2019
No progress yet I filed my PR application on 3rd June 2020 my biometric was done after around 3 month of filing PR. Are you from Karachi share your WhatsApp no

Naeem shaikh

Feb 5, 2019
I am also from Pakistan I applied under QIIP investor program in August 2017. Had interview in January 2019 in Montreal completed my investment and applied for PR to Federal on 3rd June 2019. Waiting for MR All Applicant from Pakistan should share contact

Shehzad26

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Khulna
Visa Office......
Singapore
I am also from Pakistan I applied under QIIP investor program in August 2017. Had interview in January 2019 in Montreal completed my investment and applied for PR to Federal on 3rd June 2019. Waiting for MR All Applicant from Pakistan should share contact
im 1 year senior then urs, had interview in April 2018 and federal application in December 2018. I think can govt ll Further delays qiip process due to Corina.

Shehzad26

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Khulna
Visa Office......
Singapore
Based on stats most don’t create jobs in Quebec.
What u think, do they cancel the entire program like other province. If yes then what ll happen to federal Stage applications and those money who ware chosen finance option through financial institute. Is there any chance of get back their fund as Paid it as non refundable

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What u think, do they cancel the entire program like other province. If yes then what ll happen to federal Stage applications and those money who ware chosen finance option through financial institute. Is there any chance of get back their fund as Paid it as non refundable
Money will be refundable. Hard to tell when QIIP will end although I believe it will end soon. Should have been ended a long time. Has essentially allowed mostly wealthy Chinese citizens to gain PR,be able to move money to Canada and buy real estate and move more money abroad while they work in China. They pay no taxes and leave their dependents living in luxury In Canada while claiming no income and receiving low income benefits. Most PAs surrender their PR so they don’t have any tax liabilities and the dependents remain at least long enough to get citizenship. Canada gets higher home prices, adds more people who can use our services without paying into the tax base and we get citizens who only return to Canada when it will benefit them like giving birth, schooling, retirement/healthcare, etc.

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Money will be refundable. Hard to tell when QIIP will end although I believe it will end soon. Should have been ended a long time. Has essentially allowed mostly wealthy Chinese citizens to gain PR,be able to move money to Canada and buy real estate and move more money abroad while they work in China. They pay no taxes and leave their dependents living in luxury In Canada while claiming no income and receiving low income benefits. Most PAs surrender their PR so they don’t have any tax liabilities and the dependents remain at least long enough to get citizenship. Canada gets higher home prices, adds more people who can use our services without paying into the tax base and we get citizens who only return to Canada when it will benefit them like giving birth, schooling, retirement/healthcare, etc.
Agree that it is misused. More checks and balances need to be put in. Citizenship to dependants should not be offered if PA does not stay in Canada. A clause should be included that if residence and taxes not paid in Quebec will nullify their agreement. To be honest, Quebec doesn’t lose much if they don’t reside in Quebec. They get the money but don’t have the headache of paying for healthcare etc. That burden falls on other provinces. If a person comes in through qiip then they should settle in Quebec. Cold, language yada yada yada.. you knew what you were getting into when you applied. Now stick to it and integrate. On the flip side, what the Quebec government is doing to QIIP is also deplorable. They take the money and these souls are left for the next five six years to wait it out in federal application. NO other provincial nomination does that. Lives change, circumstances change in six years...it’s terribly unfair to do this. Otherwise take the money when processing is over and they can enter. The system needs to change from every angle.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that it is misused. More checks and balances need to be put in. Citizenship to dependants should not be offered if PA does not stay in Canada. A clause should be included that if residence and taxes not paid in Quebec will nullify their agreement. To be honest, Quebec doesn’t lose much if they don’t reside in Quebec. They get the money but don’t have the headache of paying for healthcare etc. That burden falls on other provinces. If a person comes in through qiip then they should settle in Quebec. Cold, language yada yada yada.. you knew what you were getting into when you applied. Now stick to it and integrate. On the flip side, what the Quebec government is doing to QIIP is also deplorable. They take the money and these souls are left for the next five six years to wait it out in federal application. NO other provincial nomination does that. Lives change, circumstances change in six years...it’s terribly unfair to do this. Otherwise take the money when processing is over and they can enter. The system needs to change from every angle.
You are paying for PR. Nobody is forcing you. If you qualified in any other way you would do it and it would take you 4 months-2years. Yes Quebec doesn’t lose much but it hurts Canada in general especially Ontario and BC. High administration costs that aren’t really worth what Quebec gets out of the program. Money is cheap these days. If QIIP candidates were actually creating lots of good Canadian jobs it would be a good deal but very few a create any good J1 outside their family. Many retire or invest in various forms of real estate which raises prices. You can’t force people to live in one province so there isn’t much you can do. Many rent the cheapest studio apartment in Quebec for a year and buy a huge house in the GTA or greater Vancouver area. Some don’t even stay and return home.

Think it was Enquette that did an exposé on the program confirming what just about everyone suspected. Lots of lying and not following the rules and very little benefit. unlike other provinces Quebec hasn’t pulled the plug but also not taking new applicants if I remember correctly.

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
You are paying for PR. Nobody is forcing you. If you qualified in any other way you would do it and it would take you 4 months-2years. Yes Quebec doesn’t lose much but it hurts Canada in general especially Ontario and BC. High administration costs that aren’t really worth what Quebec gets out of the program. Money is cheap these days. If QIIP candidates were actually creating lots of good Canadian jobs it would be a good deal but very few a create any good J1 outside their family. Many retire or invest in various forms of real estate which raises prices. You can’t force people to live in one province so there isn’t much you can do. Many rent the cheapest studio apartment in Quebec for a year and buy a huge house in the GTA or greater Vancouver area. Some don’t even stay and return home.

Think it was Enquette that did an exposé on the program confirming what just about everyone suspected. Lots of lying and not following the rules and very little benefit. unlike other provinces Quebec hasn’t pulled the plug but also not taking new applicants if I remember correctly.
Yes absolutely the system needs to be revamped. QIIP candidates are vetted on their managerial/business acumen and abilities. There should be clauses that ask for them to create/ run businesses which create jobs in the province. They shouldn’t be allowed to live off their finances. They need to generate money in Quebec. As an entrepreneur I am expected to do that. That’s the only way to commit to a new life.

Naeem shaikh

Feb 5, 2019
Yes absolutely the system needs to be revamped. QIIP candidates are vetted on their managerial/business acumen and abilities. There should be clauses that ask for them to create/ run businesses which create jobs in the province. They shouldn’t be allowed to live off their finances. They need to generate money in Quebec. As an entrepreneur I am expected to do that. That’s the only way to commit to a new life.
Do we think we are more clever than Quebec government they understand all these what you and me know but still they have continued this QIIP QIIP investment category is passive investment purposely not by chance. First of all they get funds in the form of investment or cost of obtaining funding from financial intermediaries that too in the form of foreign exchange ,secondly they don’t have to spend public money on healthcare schooling and other social incentives like children allowance pensions unemployment benefits so forth Let all this be borne by other provinces If all those who opted for QIIP and start living in the province can you imagine the cost of providing public services. So we are not cheating them they are doing what is better for their province

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Do we think we are more clever than Quebec government they understand all these what you and me know but still they have continued this QIIP QIIP investment category is passive investment purposely not by chance. First of all they get funds in the form of investment or cost of obtaining funding from financial intermediaries that too in the form of foreign exchange ,secondly they don’t have to spend public money on healthcare schooling and other social incentives like children allowance pensions unemployment benefits so forth Let all this be borne by other provinces If all those who opted for QIIP and start living in the province can you imagine the cost of providing public services. So we are not cheating them they are doing what is better for their province
We sign an intent to reside in Quebec agreement when we get our csq. That’s an official document and we should honour that. That’s one of the reasons we don’t have a leg to stand on now because people before us have abused the system. If we’ve been accepted by Quebec then we should reside there for at least the first few years. Quebec Business Class is being ignored now because we never made a presence in Quebec. It’s still grossly unfair with the way we’re being treated but our predecessors are also to blame. If they’ve accepted us for Quebec then it’s not our concern if we are going to be a burden on their economy. That’s their problem. Our job is to become a productive member of society. That’s the way I think anyway..