+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec immigration(USA BS accounting degree)

Travler

Mar 5, 2013
HELLO,
just finished my BS in accounting from a well known private university ave over 2years exp. i was told by an immigration lawyer from Canada that (Private universities are not recognized ) it has to be a public university. how true is this statement.Thanks

sunil789

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Yes in the accounting science and management accountancy the areas of training are only awarded for the university level of training. So, the statement of the canadian lawyer is correct. However, you can still claim the points if you want presenting the transcripts and the marksheets. Either if you are eligible you can process your file on your bachelor degree in accountancy.

However your knowledge of french would be counted as the biggest asset.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travler said:
HELLO,
just finished my BS in accounting from a well known private university ave over 2years exp. i was told by an immigration lawyer from Canada that (Private universities are not recognized ) it has to be a public university. how true is this statement.Thanks
Hi, u can better interact at d following Thread :D

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t60764.0.html;topicseen

Travler

Mar 5, 2013
Thank u i appreciate ur answer. i do have a good level of french do u think i have a chance.if so is this a case that needs a lawyer? i m new to this just start exploring my options.

sunil789

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Definitely Travler, with knowledge of french and english, I think you will meet the minimum eligiblity criteria. For claiming the points in French you will have to undergo any of the recognised certifications in french language, that is DELF/DALF, TCF, TCFQ, TEF or any equivalent.

And if you can take the responsibility of documentation and form filing on your shoulders, there are no need of any paid consultant or the lawyer. It is the simple process and you can go with along on your own. You can also send me your profile in inbox for the exact points calculation or you can post it here