03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hi there,

i don't want to sound pessimistic, i'm realistic, and I don't really see a system in Ottawa/Buffalo and how they are processing our files.
I have seen somebody in another forum, from Italy, who applied 1 month after me, got the meds 1 months before me, and got the PPR this week from Ottawa, and needed to send it to Detroit. And another guy from the UK almost same situation. There are slowly, but sure more and more PPR's coming back from Ottawa.

We have to hope that our files will be processed soon, thats it. whilst i do consider myself as lucky to be almost through after only (almost) 2 years (in 2 months) with the whole process, I have been reading a lot, compared timelines, dates etc... i'm sorry, i just can't see a system, and i have learned to stopp comparing timelines and driving my self crazy, why others having there PPR in half the time than myself, with the same paperwork.

I just hope for all of us it'll be over soon. It'll come my friends, keep your heads up! :) We'll make it !

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very true lepatissier07, files are treated differently by different people working in various visa offices. I have been waiting for 1.5yrs today after applying for ppr but no response from them. Some one got the ppr in 3 months after she go her csq. One can not compare based on duration. Only the visa officers knows what they do and why others wait for so long. We have no other choice but to wait .

Y

youssef_123

hello dears,
can anyone calculate for me the points please if my wife is the principle and i am the spouse...

-i am from Lebanon holding computer science degree(BS degree from open university / 4 years of study).
-2 years of experience in web development.
-my age is 26 years.
-no french ... intermediate in English.

-my wife if nurse (i don't know what is this degree in Canada but when she finished grade 9 she learned 6 years of
vocational nursing studies with 2 official exams first 3 years called BT nursing and other 3 years TS nursing both with official exam)
-she has 4-5 years of nursing experience from american university of beirut medical center.
her age is 26 years.
-we have no children.
-Financial self sufficiency

and please can anyone estimate for me the processing time for my case.
thanks guys..

raghavsms

Sep 4, 2012
SIR,

I HAVE DONE B.SC-MATHEMATICS IN 2002.AFTER I WORKED IN PRIVATE COMPANIES DETAILS GIVEN BELOW.ALL THE WORK EXPERIENCE IS NOT RELATING TO MY EDUCATION.
2004-2007=CMS Computers Ltd as a print shop operator
2007-2009=Perfect security services ltd as a data entry operator in computer department.
2010=State Bank of India as a Assistant(Clerk)
2011=EPFO(Employee Provident Fund Organization-Central Government of India) as a social security assistant.
Is my education and experience make me eligible for Quebec Skilled Migration Program?
What else I have to do to achieve required points?
I am not married yet.
I have done CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) from Private Computer Institute and got International Degree from CISCO Which got expired in 2007.Is it helpful in any ways to me?
Waiting for your valuable response.

evilpupil

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Nomination.....
10 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
14 Nov 2011
File Transfer...
07 July 2012
Med's Request
14 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waitng
LANDED..........
Waiting
My time line:
I got CSQ at the End of 2010.

I sent my Application to Buffalo and later on it was transferred to case processing pilot ottawa.

Application received: May 26 2011
Medical requested: November 14 2011
Medical Result received: Late 2011, no exact time displayed.

Since then I haven't heard anything from them, I called CIC but was told they don't have any information regarding the status, and told me to contact CPP directly through Email. I have sent a couple email inquiries but no response either. It has been 15 months and the average processing time is 15 months on the CIC website.

What else should I do? Is it normal to not have status changed to "in process" after 15 months?

Much appreciated!

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
youssef_123 said:
hello dears,
can anyone calculate for me the points please if my wife is the principle and i am the spouse...

-i am from Lebanon holding computer science degree(BS degree from open university / 4 years of study).
-my age is 26 years.

-my wife if nurse (i don't know what is this degree in Canada but when she finished grade 9 she learned 6 years of
vocational nursing studies with 2 official exams first 3 years called BT nursing and other 3 years TS nursing both with official exam)
-she has 4-5 years of nursing experience from american university of beirut medical center.
her age is 26 years.
-we have no children.

thanks guys..
No French, no Quebec. You must have at least some level of French. I would recommend applying to the federal program instead.

rakscute

Jul 5, 2012
Hi PMM,

My interview schedule is in September ending. Is it possible to postpone the (Quebec skilled worker program) interview. Due to some personal reasons i have moved out of Canada and it will take atleast two months to come back. Will it be possible to postpone the interview, please reply ASAP.

Thanks,
Rishi

Y

youssef_123

Master7 said:
No French, no Quebec. You must have at least some level of French. I would recommend applying to the federal program instead.
ok if the principle get the lowest french grade level so can you calculate our points...

and i read before and also in this forum that this system is points-based system so if you get the average points it is ok else you can't? so you can submit without french..

anyway can you send me a website or any information about federal program.

wallflowr22

Oct 28, 2011
Hello everyone!
I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been working in Quebec (Montreal) for about two years, and my work permit has been extended through August 2014. I am a US citizen, but married to a Mexican citizen. We applied for the CSQ early this year and recently received it and have since submitted for residency to the federal level. We did not submit our background checks because we've heard it takes up to 16 months to process an application and the background checks are only valid for 12 months.

My question is, since the background checks can take as long as 3-4 months to process, I was hoping some people could give me an estimate of when their background checks were requested at this stage. We just sent our fed app last week and are thinking we will request our background checks (USA for me, USA and Mexico for my husband) in the next month or two, with the assumption that it will still be valid when they request it.
Any help or advice on this would be very much appreciated!!
Lisa

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
wallflowr22 said:
Hello everyone!
I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been working in Quebec (Montreal) for about two years, and my work permit has been extended through August 2014. I am a US citizen, but married to a Mexican citizen. We applied for the CSQ early this year and recently received it and have since submitted for residency to the federal level. We did not submit our background checks because we've heard it takes up to 16 months to process an application and the background checks are only valid for 12 months.

My question is, since the background checks can take as long as 3-4 months to process, I was hoping some people could give me an estimate of when their background checks were requested at this stage. We just sent our fed app last week and are thinking we will request our background checks (USA for me, USA and Mexico for my husband) in the next month or two, with the assumption that it will still be valid when they request it.
Any help or advice on this would be very much appreciated!!
Lisa
Hi Lisa, I would suggest submitting your police certificates as soon as possible to expedite the processing of your application. That's what I did - I submitted it along with my federal app and never waited for them to request mine.

nn234

Jun 22, 2012
hi,
I was reading the form to be filled up for the skilled worker program to Quebec. And there is this question :

Are you the holder of one or several of the following diplomas (check the appropriate boxes: see instructions)
Québec diploma YES NO
Canadian diploma YES NO
Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine) YES NO
Foreign diploma covered by a mutual recognition agreement (ARM) YES NO
Do you hold an authorization to practice issued by a Québec body that regulates a trade or profession? YES NO

Now I have a Masters degree from UK but I have not got it specially recognized by any Quebec Regulatory Body ... do we have to do that?? Which option should I tick mark as yes from the above??

Thanks

Y

youssef_123

hello dears,
please see the below case :

-my age is 26 years.

her age is 26 years.
-we have no children.

and the main question is:
do you advise to wait for the new quebec skilled worker program(31 march 2013) or hurry and apply now?
or wait for new federal skilled worker program(01/01/2013) which is the best program please inform meeee

thanks guys..

nn234

Jun 22, 2012
mba_swarn said:
Let us be real.

If you pass the following test you can apply. It is hard to get done our own assessment.
http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

1. I think you can read at (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/applications-receipt.html)

If none of these situations applies to you, you cannot submit an application until after March 31, 2013.

KEEP U R Application ready send it in first lot in 2013, (I applied in Oct/Nov 2010 still waiting), A long way to go.

2. I took 2 years to learn French B1, you can crack A2 easily in at least 6 month( Provided you are committed). Today Go to alliance Francaise to check the exam dates, DELF Test happen 3-4 times in one year. You use library and resource in AF Delhi.

3. Rush (^-~) At least go through A1 in Oct/Nov, I am not sure there is any exam till 2013, if you miss in Nov.

Have a nice time ahead!

Cheers,
Kala

Hi, did you get Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec (comparative evaluation for studies done outside Québec) Do we need to compulsorily do that?? I am also from India.

Thanks

wallflowr22

Oct 28, 2011
cvd222 said:
Hi Lisa, I would suggest submitting your police certificates as soon as possible to expedite the processing of your application. That's what I did - I submitted it along with my federal app and never waited for them to request mine.
Thanks, cvd222!
The day after we submitted our application we started to second guess ourselves about whether or not we should have included them with our federal application. Bummer. We'll move on this now and hopefully it won't cause too much of a delay.
I'm just curious --did you also need to submit 'updated' ones, or did they process it within the expiration date of your background check?
Thanks for the advice!
Lisa

dovee

Sep 6, 2012
Hi guys,
I'm trying to count my points for QSW, but I'm not sure about the Area of training points.

I have Bachelor of Accounting (4 years), diploma issued in 2009 ...
But my work experience is in different position, I'm actually technical assistant - office (NOC 1221) and I have more than 48 months of experience ...
I'm wondering will I get 6 points for my Area of training and 8 points of work experience, 8+6 .... ?
Or to be evaluated with points for area of training must have work experience in the same profession / position??

Can anybody give me advice ??

Thanks in advance!!!