+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration interview in Vienna

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Hello poissonmagique,

I will take the liberty to respond to your questions in English.

1. I put down Financial Analyst as my intended professional occupation. On my application form this was very vague and was then clarified in during the interview. I had also done some research about the labour market in Quebec, particularly the Montreal are where I would like to settle and mentioned my findings to the agent.

2. My interview was some time in November last year.

3. I was 20 when I applied. The French tests I took were some years ago. At this point I should mention though that I had French lessons in school and university for more than 7 years. Also, I did some studies in Quebec, though at an English speaking institution.

4. As I said, the French proficiency was based on certificates that were issued for tests I took as a (semi)extra curricular activity. Besides those exams I did not provide any documents in support of my French skills.

5. I am not sure about whether you need this specific test. I had the impression that once you have your interview, the policy of what counts as proof for certain skills and qualifications is very liberal. But it might be that the initial bar is higher for people who have not studied or lived in Quebec.

6. As far as I can tell your written French seems very decent. At least under the circumstances that I were given, I would not see a reason as for why you would be denied the CSQ on grounds of a lack of French proficiency. Some time invested into preparation of model answers is of course still very valuable.

I hope I could help you with this.

Good luck!

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salut openeye,

mes reponses ci-dessous:

1. c'est OK que vous avez changee votre profession pendant l'entrevue? quelle est des raisons, donnee par l'entrevueur, pour permets ces changements?

2. avait tu emporte des documents comme attestations, references ou
recommandations de tes clientes ou fournnisseurs a l'entrevue? combien? l'entreveur regardait ces documents ou no?

3. peux je mentionne que j'y vais etuder, en train de cherche du travail?

4. j'ai des problemes de comprehension orale de langue francais, surtout si dit tres vit comme naturellement. Aucun idees pour resoluer cette situation?

5. pouvez vous m'envoye toute les questions et responses modeles?

aucun autres suggestions et idees seraient appreciee. Merci.

openeye said:
Hello poissonmagique,

1. I put down Financial Analyst as my intended professional occupation. On my application form this was very vague and was then clarified in during the interview. I had also done some research about the labour market in Quebec, particularly the Montreal are where I would like to settle and mentioned my findings to the agent.

3. I was 20 when I applied. The French tests I took were some years ago. At this point I should mention though that I had French lessons in school and university for more than 7 years. Also, I did some studies in Quebec, though at an English speaking institution.

4. As I said, the French proficiency was based on certificates that were issued for tests I took as a (semi)extra curricular activity. Besides those exams I did not provide any documents in support of my French skills.

5. I am not sure about whether you need this specific test. I had the impression that once you have your interview, the policy of what counts as proof for certain skills and qualifications is very liberal. But it might be that the initial bar is higher for people who have not studied or lived in Quebec.

6. As far as I can tell your written French seems very decent. At least under the circumstances that I were given, I would not see a reason as for why you would be denied the CSQ on grounds of a lack of French proficiency. Some time invested into preparation of model answers is of course still very valuable.

Good luck!

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Hey poissonmagique,

1. Well, I did not really change my occupation but rather clarified it by providing additional work experience. It was to a large extend within the profession indicated on the application form. At the time of the application however I was not yet employed with the employer I indicated on my updated CV. Therefore they were very happy that I could provide them with the proof for it (I believe the fact that I could provide this rather valuable work experience was the main reason that they allowed for such an update to take place). Though I believe in general it is possible to send updated documents during the application procedure which may work in your benefit (i.e. increased language courses, a higher academic degree or additional work experience that is relevant for your point calculation).

2. I brought most of the references I have collected throughout the years, both academic and professional, with me. They were also already part of my initial application though. He looked at some, not sure if it was all, of them briefly. But the main purpose was to verify their validity rather than the content which had been assessed already. In my point of view the whole document issue is really only to check whether the documents sent with the application are accurate and no "fakes", etc. Thus you will get the points for a certain qualification, etc. in the initial assessment pending their final verification of the documents. Only in the event that you cannot provide the original I guess they might deduct points for previously granted points in the initial assessment (which led to the interview).

3. Well I would mention everything that helps to give a good profile of yourself. That also includes filling possible gaps in your CV. In General I would provide as much information as possible for what you studied and worked etc. Just make sure you can explain why you did certain things and give your motivation behind this.

4. One thing that I fould helps very much is watch French TV. It does not really matter what kind, though I preferred documentaries as they are on a rather constant speed. Simply listen to whatever French you can get, let it be actual TV, online streams or even random videos on youtube, etc. Simply get used to the language again.

5. Just look for the general questions that are mentioned throughout the forum here about the interview. There is no clear answer, but generally it follows a clear pattern. Your life (i.e. CV, what have you studied, work experience, where have you lived, etc.), languages, your motivation for quebec, and possibly also some details on your studies / work experience (for example I was asked to explain in detail what I did as project manager and financial analyst, etc.

Hope this helps.

Don't panic that much. Your French seems alright to me and if you can provide some thorough education with master degree and work experience I would not see why you should not get the CSQ.

Good luck and have a good night!

openeye

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Openeye, voici mes questions additionnelles. Veuillez repondre a tous le plus beaucoup posible:

1. avait tu emporte des documents comme attestations, references ou
recommandations de tes clientes ou fournnisseurs a l'entrevue?

2. combien?

3. Le intervueur regardait ces documents ou no? je suis un gerant
aussi, et nous pourrions etre dans le meme situation. Des autres
details que tu peut partage?

4. recemment, je ne sens pas de lire et ameliorer mon francais. apres
des etudes francais de vers 2 ans plein temps presque tous les jours,
je crois j'ai "burnout". je regarde souvent des emissions francais a
TV, mais pleusieurs fois, je ne les comprends pas, car j'ai "burnout".
Meme s'il y a des mots je ne comprends pas, et je refere a mon dico,
apres un peu temps, je l'ai oublie souvent! Aucun idees as tu pour ma situation?

5. Quelle type des vetements porter as-tu pour l'entrevue? je
ne sais pais s'il me faut que je porte tres formel(comme avec une
costume et cravate), ou relax est suffisant (comme une polo et des
pantaleons cotton).

Merci et a plus tard!

openeye said:
Hey poissonmagique,

1. Well, I did not really change my occupation but rather clarified it by providing additional work experience. It was to a large extend within the profession indicated on the application form. At the time of the application however I was not yet employed with the employer I indicated on my updated CV. Therefore they were very happy that I could provide them with the proof for it (I believe the fact that I could provide this rather valuable work experience was the main reason that they allowed for such an update to take place). Though I believe in general it is possible to send updated documents during the application procedure which may work in your benefit (i.e. increased language courses, a higher academic degree or additional work experience that is relevant for your point calculation).

2. I brought most of the references I have collected throughout the years, both academic and professional, with me. They were also already part of my initial application though. He looked at some, not sure if it was all, of them briefly. But the main purpose was to verify their validity rather than the content which had been assessed already. In my point of view the whole document issue is really only to check whether the documents sent with the application are accurate and no "fakes", etc. Thus you will get the points for a certain qualification, etc. in the initial assessment pending their final verification of the documents. Only in the event that you cannot provide the original I guess they might deduct points for previously granted points in the initial assessment (which led to the interview).

3. Well I would mention everything that helps to give a good profile of yourself. That also includes filling possible gaps in your CV. In General I would provide as much information as possible for what you studied and worked etc. Just make sure you can explain why you did certain things and give your motivation behind this.

4. One thing that I fould helps very much is watch French TV. It does not really matter what kind, though I preferred documentaries as they are on a rather constant speed. Simply listen to whatever French you can get, let it be actual TV, online streams or even random videos on youtube, etc. Simply get used to the language again.

5. Just look for the general questions that are mentioned throughout the forum here about the interview. There is no clear answer, but generally it follows a clear pattern. Your life (i.e. CV, what have you studied, work experience, where have you lived, etc.), languages, your motivation for quebec, and possibly also some details on your studies / work experience (for example I was asked to explain in detail what I did as project manager and financial analyst, etc.

Hope this helps.

Don't panic that much. Your French seems alright to me and if you can provide some thorough education with master degree and work experience I would not see why you should not get the CSQ.

openeye

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Les mecs, voici mes questions. Veuillez repondre a tous le plus beaucoup posible:

1. avait tu emporte des documents comme attestations, references ou
recommandations de tes clientes ou fournnisseurs a l'entrevue?

2. combien?

3. Le intervueur regardait ces documents ou no? je suis un gerant
aussi, et nous pourrions etre dans le meme situation. Des autres
details que tu peut partage?

4. recemment, je ne sens pas de lire et ameliorer mon francais. apres
des etudes francais de vers 2 ans plein temps presque tous les jours,
je crois j'ai "burnout". je regarde souvent des emissions francais a
TV, mais pleusieurs fois, je ne les comprends pas, car j'ai "burnout".
Meme s'il y a des mots je ne comprends pas, et je refere a mon dico,
apres un peu temps, je l'ai oublie souvent! Aucun idees as tu pour ma situation?

5. Quelle type des vetements porter as-tu pour l'entrevue? je
ne sais pais s'il me faut que je porte tres formel(comme avec une
costume et cravate), ou relax est suffisant (comme une polo et des
pantaleons cotton).

Merci!
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tu es la?

openeye said:
Hey poissonmagique,

Hope this helps.

openeye

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is it necessary to bring documents that prove your net worth? like your property titles, tax declarations, bank passbooks, etc.?

openeye said:
Hey poissonmagique,

Hope this helps.

openeye

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how r u, and wat r the updates on your application?

openeye said:
Hello poissonmagique,

Good luck!

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Hello poissonmagique,

sorry for my late response.

I did not have to bring any proof of my net worth (for the skilled worker category). I only had to bring the signed form stating that I have about 2000 CAD at my disposal for the first three months.

But of course providing proof for funds exceeding this will not hurt.

Let me know how it goes.

Good luck!

openeye