+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration (after CSQ) and Extend Open work permit

Dec 21, 2015
Hello All,

I'm new to here and after lot of trails and tribulation, I could apply for Quebec skill worker category on November. My timeline of events as follows:
* 10th of October 2015 - Apply for CSQ under PEQ.
* 29th of October 2015 - CSQ recieved.
* 10th November 2015 - Applied for federal PR.
* Waiting for AOR (I heard it takes roughly 4 months) ?

However, my situation became troubling since I lost my employment on 16th October :(. These days I'm looking for work but based on research I have done, most likely I will have to extend my post graduate open work permit and it will be subjected to my employment. My open work permit expires on 24th October 2016. So there is roughly 11 months to get to that point. Has anyone here extended their post graduate open work permit while waiting for PR application ? Any suggestions on things to be prepared ? Thank you so much! :)

mamo5002000

Jan 23, 2015
Qatar
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,

As you finished your CSQ, Can you please tell me how i may assess myself on CSQ To check if i'm qualified ?
specially for " Mon project Quebec"
Best of luck,

flyer110

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
14-08-2016
Passport Req..
03-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2017
post_grad_worker said:
Hello All,

I'm new to here and after lot of trails and tribulation, I could apply for Quebec skill worker category on November. My timeline of events as follows:

However, my situation became troubling since I lost my employment on 16th October :(. These days I'm looking for work but based on research I have done, most likely I will have to extend my post graduate open work permit and it will be subjected to my employment. My open work permit expires on 24th October 2016. So there is roughly 11 months to get to that point. Has anyone here extended their post graduate open work permit while waiting for PR application ? Any suggestions on things to be prepared ? Thank you so much! :)
Hello my friend, I am sorry for your trouble, I also will renew my work permit before March and I am working on it, I am sure the job offer or job relative documents are required. So as I know seems you do not have too much choice, either you find a job or job offer before October or you have to change your status from worker to student or visitor, but this will cause more problems. Sorry to bring you the bad news. I hope you good luck.

abrarmohsin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
post_grad_worker said:
Hello All,

QSW applicants are not eligible for open work permits. If you have received your CSQ, you are eligible for LMIA exempted closed work permit. All you need is a job in Quebec and your employer has to pay $230 Employer Compliance fee and need to submit your job offer letter directly to CIC

Yumz

Mar 19, 2015
Hi i have a question - when you applied for PEQ did you have 12 months of work experience and also speak French? i'd like to apply but only working here since 4 months and haven't learnt french yet. please advise if its better to wait till i know french and 12 months of employment for PEQ or should i apply for quebec selections certificate the regular way. Which is better and quicker?