+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Family Sponsorship

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hello every body

Please I appreciate any advice concern with my questions: I am in Canada as visitor 6 months ago

I got a multi entrance visitor visa to Canada , after arrived to Canada we applied for Family sponsorship - Out land application ( being sponsored by my Canadian wife ) .

1- is there any problem concern with mentioning in the application that my residence address is Egypt while I live in Canada ?
we asked my representative to contact the CIC and tell them that I was in canada before the starting of the application but he said as it is outland application , and as I am visitor in canada so my residence address is not Canada ........is that true ?????

2- 1 month ago my wife started to work , we asked my representative to contact the CIC and tell them about her new work ......but he said it is not important.......is that true ?????

Thanks in advance

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello every body

Please I appreciate any advice concern with my questions: I am in Canada as visitor 6 months ago

I got a multi entrance visitor visa to Canada , after arrived to Canada we applied for Family sponsorship - Out land application ( being sponsored by my Canadian wife ) .

1- is there any problem concern with mentioning in the application that my residence address is Egypt while I live in Canada ?
we asked my representative to contact the CIC and tell them that I was in canada before the starting of the application but he said as it is outland application , and as I am visitor in canada so my residence address is not Canada ........is that true ?????

2- 1 month ago my wife started to work , we asked my representative to contact the CIC and tell them about her new work ......but he said it is not important.......is that true ?????

Thanks in advance
Regarding #1, I'm not sure, but it's likely ok. But if you are here for 6 months already, you should probably apply to extend your status as a visitor.
#2 true, there is no minimal income required for spousal sponsorship, so CIC doesn't need to be updated about a new job.

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015

Thanks Sylvain

30 days before the end of my 6 months permit to stay in Canada as a visitor I applied for extension and I am now on implied status ..

1 moth later , I got a job offer and my employer gave me LIMA number , and because I did not know that the work permit should be solicited from out side Canada , I applied online to work permit but of course they refused it ..telling me that I should leave the country before the expiry of my stay

my question is

1- do I still maintain the implied status of the first application of visit extension or I lose it too...Till today they didn't accept or refuse the extension app

2- if have a family sponsorship application in progress , does the solitud of the work permit could affect my sponsorship application ?

Thanks in advance

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

Thanks Sylvain

30 days before the end of my 6 months permit to stay in Canada as a visitor I applied for extension and I am now on implied status ..

1 moth later , I got a job offer and my employer gave me LIMA number , and because I did not know that the work permit should be solicited from out side Canada , I applied online to work permit but of course they refused it ..telling me that I should leave the country before the expiry of my stay

my question is

1- do I still maintain the implied status of the first application of visit extension or I lose it too...Till today they didn't accept or refuse the extension app

2- if have a family sponsorship application in progress , does the solitud of the work permit could affect my sponsorship application ?

Thanks in advance
You maintain your implied status as a visitor until CIC makes a decision on that extension application.

I'm less familiar with the outland process, but I don't think it would make any difference. If you would have applied for inland sponsorship, you could have applied for an open work permit. So if you would get another type of work permit as an outland applicant, I don't think it would affect your spousal sponsorship.

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
You maintain your implied status as a visitor until CIC makes a decision on that extension application.

I'm less familiar with the outland process, but I don't think it would make any difference. If you would have applied for inland sponsorship, you could have applied for an open work permit. So if you would get another type of work permit as an outland applicant, I don't think it would affect your spousal sponsorship.
Thank you .....I appreciate your help

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you .....I appreciate your help
You're welcome! Was your sponsor approved already or not yet? If yes have you already applied for your CSQ?

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
I got received the CSQ two months ago , and I was contacted from the Canadian embassy to provide the marriage certificate and CSQ ......any comment about that ?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I got received the CSQ two months ago , and I was contacted from the Canadian embassy to provide the marriage certificate and CSQ ......any comment about that ?
As outland, it means your sponsor was approved already. They asked your marriage certificate because it's mandatory, so your application seems to go very well.