+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Facilitated Process LMIA

komostati

May 7, 2017
Hey folks,

You're probably familiar with the facilitated or simplified LMIA in Quebec. Since I'm finishing my studies (again) and will not get another PGWP, this may be a reasonable option to consider which will allow me to stay and work.

On the website it says:
- Employers don't need to advertise for the position.
- And, it only applies for certain NOC's : I will be graduating with Master's in Computer Engineering and which is currently in demand I assume.
Therefore the conditions don't seem to be too impossible.

My action plan:
- Find an employer (most probably a manager in a tech company who's a friend of a friend) and convince him to hire me.

Questions I have left and didn't find answers on the website:
1) I will be new graduate but there was nothing mentioned about certain years of work experience. Would this be an issue?
2) It doesn't say the time it takes to process. (Graduation and study permit expires in June)
3) The application of the Facilitated LMIA seems to be the same as the normal LMIA . Which may cause confusion for the employer because some sections ask if hiring TFW would affect the labor market, but the employer wasn't asked to post the job in the first place !!! Anyone had an experience with this ?

Thanks in advance.

Government link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/quebec/simplified-process.html

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Hey folks,

You're probably familiar with the facilitated or simplified LMIA in Quebec. Since I'm finishing my studies (again) and will not get another PGWP, this may be a reasonable option to consider which will allow me to stay and work.

On the website it says:
- Employers don't need to advertise for the position.
- And, it only applies for certain NOC's : I will be graduating with Master's in Computer Engineering and which is currently in demand I assume.
Therefore the conditions don't seem to be too impossible.

My action plan:
- Find an employer (most probably a manager in a tech company who's a friend of a friend) and convince him to hire me.

Questions I have left and didn't find answers on the website:
1) I will be new graduate but there was nothing mentioned about certain years of work experience. Would this be an issue?
2) It doesn't say the time it takes to process. (Graduation and study permit expires in June)
3) The application of the Facilitated LMIA seems to be the same as the normal LMIA . Which may cause confusion for the employer because some sections ask if hiring TFW would affect the labor market, but the employer wasn't asked to post the job in the first place !!! Anyone had an experience with this ?

Thanks in advance.

Government link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/quebec/simplified-process.html

Hello, do you have any news, have you managed to realize your plan? thanks

komostati

May 7, 2017
Hello, do you have any news, have you managed to realize your plan? thanks
Hi . Sorry for the late reply. My lawyer told me there is something called -I think- " CSQ related work permit". Since I am studying in Quebec, all I need is to obtain the CSQ and find an employer. I will be then granted closed work permit until the PR is issued.