+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Entrepreneur Program - Questions

Trixie

Aug 23, 2013
Hi,

I'd appreciate if anyone could answer some of my questions about the Quebec Entrepreneur Program. There's conflicting information online and I'm quite confused :(

- How long is the approximate processing time from the date of application? (I live in Dubai, UAE, so my visa office will probably be the one in Abu Dhabi.)
- How soon does the applicant get PR status? Some websites say immediate, some say after a year.
- Is it necessary for the applicant to speak French? Will the interview be conducted in French? The applicant is fluent in English.
- Are there good chances of being approved? Would I have better luck applying under other programs, such as student (and then try to land a permanent job) or enter Canada on a temporary work permit (but then, can I eventually extend my work permit long enough to apply for PR?)
- If my father applies for this and is able to set up a business in Quebec, can he then send me an offer of employment and I can then apply as a worker? We initially planned to become partners but I understand that's not possible.

If you have any information regarding the above, I'd love to hear it :)

Thanks in advance