+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec - eligible or not/FRENCH knowledge.

yeah81

Oct 4, 2010
Hi,

I'm 29 years old Israeli citizen that would like to immigrate to Quebec, Montreal. I have a 4 years Bachelor degree (Bmus) from Tel Aviv University, composition and conducting faculty. Past 5 years experience: Worked 3 years half-time and then full-time as an arranger, composer and musical editor in a local firm and for the last 1.5 years I'm a self-employed composer. My English is good but my French is 0. Considering singing up for the French course this October. I'm not eligible for a Quebec's self-employed immigration category as I don't have 100,000$.

1. Am I eligible for a Quebec's skills workers category? I've done an evaluation test on the Quebec's evaluation site. If I put zero knowledge of French, I don't pass the exam. If I put the highest level of French, I pass. So, is knowing French on the highest level my only option to a Quebec immigration? Or I can get PR even by not passing the evaluation test on the site? I don't wanna lie and put the highest level knowledge of French in my application as the officer will understand my language skills on the interview.

2. I want to immigrate with my girlfriend. Do we have to marry in order to fill the application and immigrate together?

3. Do I have to approve my musical bachelor degree somehow for any reason..?

Thanks!