+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC CSQ ONLY

upchucks

Feb 5, 2010
I applied for the Quebec Skilled Worker Certificate. I have an MBA so I applied under the "Business Management" field. My level of French is beginner at best.

They received my application on :12/22/09
AOR Dated: 01/22/10
I got it in the Mail on : 02/04/10

I was surprised that the AOR was in French even though I stated that my level of French is a 1 on my application. I plan to start French lessons at Allience de Francaise in a few weeks.

Lets keep this tread going to discuss all things associated with CSQ.

Is business management on of the "preferred field"? does thet mean thet more points will be awarded? or just faster processing???

firasj78

Star Member
Aug 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/10/2010
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
14/06/2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
to detroit 13/10/2011
Med's Request
28/03/2011
Med's Done....
14/05/2011
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2012
LANDED..........
18/02/2012
I am on the same situation. MBA in finance for US. applied in Nov 2009, received letter with file # dated 12/04/09. i am beginner in french. I am still waiting.

sheena21

Star Member
Nov 2, 2009
upchucks said:
I applied for the Quebec Skilled Worker Certificate. I have an MBA so I applied under the "Business Management" field. My level of French is beginner at best.

I was surprised that the AOR was in French even though I stated that my level of French is a 1 on my application. I plan to start French lessons at Allience de Francaise in a few weeks.

Is business management on of the "preferred field"? does thet mean thet more points will be awarded? or just faster processing???
Hi upchucks,

Our application was received on 21 Oct 2009. We have received our AOR 06 Dec 2009 but it was dated 05 Nov 2009 as there was a delay here in our post office.

We are in the same boat, my husband and me are under Business Management which is included in Preferred List of Training.

You may want to read this topic : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-quebec-interview-call-t33035.0.html

Amusa just got their CSQ last week.
They are also included in Preferred List of Training.

Good Luck to us!
Btw, where did you submit your application?

sheena21

Star Member
Nov 2, 2009
upchucks said:

Hi upchucks,
With regards to this:

Is business management on of the "preferred field"? does thet mean thet more points will be awarded? or just faster processing???- Both :D

shahzadchowdhry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Nomination.....
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
Hi All,
I will send my application next week. My wife is the principal applicant and she has done her MSc in Financial management while mine is MSc in radio systems engineering. I ve read the guide for immigration in Quebec and it mentions tht whoever get 16 to 12 points on the list of training area is considered for fast processing. But I think my wife is getting 6 points while me 0. I will be submitting to Hongkong BIQ.

I have not worked for almost 2 years now. Do u guys think I can write a letter to the immigration officer explaining why I have worked and also that I am intending to take some french courses soon?

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
upchucks, most of the documentation from BIQ HK is in French. I remember running to the 'Google translate' as soon as I received a communication from them :D And then finally when my French was good enough to read and comprehend a document, they started sending both French and English versions! My initial application was to Damascus BIQ in 2008, then they transferred the file to HK the same year. See the detailed timelines on the left.

Also, it's important to show them that you're putting in an effort to learn French. Alliance/DELF/DALF certification definitely helps. Good luck to all of you! Meet you in Quebec soon!

upchucks

Feb 5, 2010
I too used google to translate the letter. I am about to start taking French lessons in two weeks at Alliance de Francaise. I scored enough points without French but I want to make sure I learn the language.

My common law partner does not speak French, do you guys think that will be a problem???

What can I do to get an interview waiver?

mundae02

Mar 18, 2010
Hi Everyone! I'm from United Arab Emirates and planning to apply for CSQ. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management and my husband is on Computer Support.
I am planning to submit my application but still need to verify some info. I have been working for more than 10 years. Do I have submit all work certificates from all the companies I have worked for or just the last 5 years?

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I was wondering, assuming your file is ok, after the initial AOR do you get any other letter before the interview call? It's stated in the AOR that my file is waiting to be considered and that they will get in touch with me as soon as the preliminary examination is done. Would that be the interview call, request for additional documents or just a confirmation?

Thanks in advance for your help!

CSQ_Applicant

May 2, 2010
Hi Sheena,

Even I am applying for a CSQ in a short while.
Any update on the Interview. Another thing is that I wanted to inquire whether u and ur husband are scoring the usual 63 points on file or you would need points for adaptability.

Regards,
Ajit

CSQ_Applicant

May 2, 2010
upchucks said:
I too used google to translate the letter. I am about to start taking French lessons in two weeks at Alliance de Francaise. I scored enough points without French but I want to make sure I learn the language.

My common law partner does not speak French, do you guys think that will be a problem???

What can I do to get an interview waiver?
Hi Upchucks,

Any update on the interview. I think you should get an Interview waiver provided they don't see anything fishy in your application.

Please let me know about the proceedings.

Regards,

Ajit