App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Hey everyone! Glad to hear you all are making progress! My application was delivered to the Montreal office on October 12th, and I still have not heard anything back from them. They have not charged my credit card nor have I received any sort of notifications. Should I contact them, or just wait it out?

MP

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ekim8587 said:
Hey everyone! Glad to hear you all are making progress! My application was delivered to the Montreal office on October 12th, and I still have not heard anything back from them. They have not charged my credit card nor have I received any sort of notifications. Should I contact them, or just wait it out?

MP
Hello,

Welcome to the process! I would wait it out because even if you contact them they have no way of locating your application without a file number. Once they open your application, they assign a file number and send you the aor. They're just taking their sweet time....Once your CC is charged, you will receive your aor in days.

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
That's what I figured too... they haven't assigned me a file number and no one is about to go find my unopened file in someone's office! Waiting patiently!!

Rags2Riches

Jan 3, 2011
Hi All Friends,

We are from New York and in the process of deciding to apply for Canadian PR via CSQ or via FSW. Our application under FSW 1122 was returned due to quota full. We now have the choice to wait for 6 months and repply under FSW 1122 category (which has limit of 1000 applications) OR
Apply to QSC right away and wait for QSC which can take anything from 7 months to a year additional and then the time taken by the Buffalo visa office.

1) Would like to get an idea on the time frames involved in QSC ? Is getting QSC longer or does it shorten the overall application processing time?
2) Is there any difference between applying for Canadian PR from Quebec v/s the FSW way ? Other than landing in Quebec , are they any other rules which prevent us from residing anywhere in Canada even though we came from Quebec (Once everything is approved) ?

Please guide us.
Thanks & Regards,
Rags2Riches

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
ton40 said:
You are right ;D It can't be only you :p
Me and my husband applied from the US on Jan-08-2010,
we received our AOR issued on Feb-06-2010
we received a perm 124b issued on May-31-2010 (this is a letter stating that our file is complete and we should wait for decision)
we are still waiting...
Where should we be sending our application to, can you please provide me the complete address to send the application for Quebec Selection Certificate.

I currently reside in New Jersey, USA

Thanks

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Rags2Riches said:
Hi All Friends,

We are from New York and in the process of deciding to apply for Canadian PR via CSQ or via FSW. Our application under FSW 1122 was returned due to quota full. We now have the choice to wait for 6 months and repply under FSW 1122 category (which has limit of 1000 applications) OR
Apply to QSC right away and wait for QSC which can take anything from 7 months to a year additional and then the time taken by the Buffalo visa office.

1) Would like to get an idea on the time frames involved in QSC ? Is getting QSC longer or does it shorten the overall application processing time?
2) Is there any difference between applying for Canadian PR from Quebec v/s the FSW way ? Other than landing in Quebec , are they any other rules which prevent us from residing anywhere in Canada even though we came from Quebec (Once everything is approved) ?

Please guide us.
Thanks & Regards,
Rags2Riches
Hey, I am in the same boat as you. I am not sure myself what to do. Do you know French and have any certifications in French, I have heard that having French proficiency can fasten your application process for QSC. Let me know if you are able to find any additional information regarding QSC.
Best wishes,
Harsha

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Here is the address where you need to send your application. Good luck!

285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA
Telephone: 514 873-5760
Fax: 514 864-9221

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
ton40 said:
Here is the address where you need to send your application. Good luck!

285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA
Telephone: 514 873-5760
Fax: 514 864-9221
Thanks a ton :)

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
ekim8587 said:

MP
Just thought I'd share; they have finally charged my credit card the other day! While I'm visiting Quebec nevertheless. Let's just say they must have known about my application when I crossed the border as they gave me a very hard time. Anyway I'm very excited about it. Expecting my AOR soon!

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
did you use a lawyer to apply for the csq?
my friend wants to use a lawyer.. the lawyer will cost $2000 cd for the entire process. csq tp pr
what do u think? he is already asking for $1200 just to submit th csq
should my friend do it on his own...
whats ur experiece.. anyne used a lawyer?

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssanndy said:
did you use a lawyer to apply for the csq?
my friend wants to use a lawyer.. the lawyer will cost $2000 cd for the entire process. csq tp pr
what do u think? he is already asking for $1200 just to submit th csq
should my friend do it on his own...
whats ur experiece.. anyne used a lawyer?
Why do they need a lawyer? That's a lot of money to pay someone when you can complete the entire process yourself. The form is quite simple and offers easy directions. I don't know how the lawyer would be useful in the process unless this person has major language barrier and needs someone to review her documents. In any case $1200 just to submit the documents is a big ripoff!

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
quebechopefull said:
Why do they need a lawyer? That's a lot of money to pay someone when you can complete the entire process yourself. The form is quite simple and offers easy directions. I don't know how the lawyer would be useful in the process unless this person has major language barrier and needs someone to review her documents. In any case $1200 just to submit the documents is a big ripoff!
i think it is too.. big rip off
i try to encourage him to do it by himself but he refuse.
the lawyer say he should pay the rest $800 on receipt of the csq certificate.
that means he even wants to be paid in full before the federal immigration process even start.
in my opinion $2000 is just too much.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssanndy said:
i think it is too.. big rip off
i try to encourage him to do it by himself but he refuse.
the lawyer say he should pay the rest $800 on receipt of the csq certificate.
that means he even wants to be paid in full before the federal immigration process even start.
in my opinion $2000 is just too much.
Wow. Having a lawyer does not increase his chances of getting CSQ. If he's willing to part with the money, then I guess it's up to him.

Princess5

Jan 15, 2011
Hello everybody!

I also sent my CSQ application on July 13 2010 and I got my AOR on August 27. Since then, no news. It has been 6 months now and nothing. I called the biq of montreal to find out about current processing times and they told me that right now they are dealing with applications submitted in February 2010. That means that they have not start looking at applications submitted in july.

It looks like we might have to wait for almost a year just to get the csq.

Good luck to all of us.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Princess5 said:
Hello everybody!

I also sent my CSQ application on July 13 2010 and I got my AOR on August 27. Since then, no news. It has been 6 months now and nothing. I called the biq of montreal to find out about current processing times and they told me that right now they are dealing with applications submitted in February 2010. That means that they have not start looking at applications submitted in july.

It looks like we might have to wait for almost a year just to get the csq.

Good luck to all of us.
Welcome to the thread! I also applied in July and still waiting for outcome from preliminary processing. I've also called them and got the same news (thought they were joking). So my app is still processing and they have no idea when the next letter will be sent. I'm thinking in June-July too.