+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ)...pls suggest

Flora123

Aug 16, 2011
I have a question regarding Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ), pls suggest me

I know it will take more than one-two months to get original CAQ letter but will they send me email copy of CAQ within very short time (how many days they will take?), so that I can apply Student visa and get visa, Is is necessary to have original CAQ before going to Canada?

Thanks

Reactions: rakibultec

suparr

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
They will send you an email confirmation. I got the email confirmation in 20 days. So hopefully you will get it as well. And you can apply for the visa with the email confirmation. I did that as well. :)

Dsmnaavya

Mar 12, 2016
Hello. I applied to CAQ before 2 weeks and my documents reached their office on 1st of march 2016. Im wondering they havent updated any status on the portal and the ladt history was your file is open. Do they really update the portal ? Can you please help me about how often did they update ur portal and how long do they take to issue CAQ.

Regards
Mansi

CaesarReborn

Mar 9, 2016
Hi,

I also need to apply for CAQ. Is it mandatory to show financial at the time of applying CAQ. I wanted to apply and arrange funds in meanwhile but it appears we need to show GIC to apply.

Are you done with finances?

Reactions: kai_unique

affan hussain

Dec 1, 2015
Dsmnaavya said:
Hello. I applied to CAQ before 2 weeks and my documents reached their office on 1st of march 2016. Im wondering they havent updated any status on the portal and the ladt history was your file is open. Do they really update the portal ? Can you please help me about how often did they update ur portal and how long do they take to issue CAQ.

Regards
Mansi
Hello mansi

Can you please provide me with chklist of all documents you submitted with your application.
Do we have to submit all ORIGINAL documents or attested phtotcopies? Also for financial support proof do we have to send orginal affidavits of support or photocopies.
Please help as i am really confused.

Regards
Hina

Mikka99

Apr 14, 2016
Hello Mansi,

I applied to QAC too and experiencing the same issues to track my status. Have you got a response from the Quebec Immigration and how long did it take?

Thank you,
Arthur

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Here is my experience:

I applied for CAQ on Mar 03 and sent my documents on Mar 10. They received it on Mar 11. After 24 days they updated online that they received my file. Then next week, on April 12, I got the pdf letter of CAQ confirmation. I called (+1 514 864 9191) them just after 30 days and call center agent confirmed me that it was approved and mailed to me. The later day I got updates online.

So, the total processing time is 30 days. You can apply for study permit with the letter you received online.

The following documents I submitted to proof my financial capacity:
1. A letter with the summary of my expenditures and available funds (in a table). Also, marked with references of documents I submitted for that fund
2. Letter from university about funding
3. Photocopy of bank letter about Fixed deposit
4. Copy of offer letter
5. Print copy of bank statement

I think, if the fund is under other person name then you should submit Original affidavit to them as you can make another affidavit for study permit too.

Let me know if anyone has anymore questions.

Mikka99

Apr 14, 2016
Thank you, Iceage for sharing your experience! They received my documents in March 24th and I am still waiting for any updates.

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Thank you iceberg for the information. Your CAQ was actually issued bang on 20 working days after receipt, i.e 12th April, taking into account the two public holidays over Easter.

My application was received on the 21st of March, today is day 20 working days and I'm yet to hear from them. I call the immigration office and was told by a guy that they were still only dealing with applications received during the first week of March (obviously untrue from your experience) and that it could take another week or two for an answer. I called again immediately and this time the agent told me I should get an answer today, but if I hadn't heard anything by Friday (22 working days) I should call back and a message will be sent to the relevant department. For some reason I prefer the second agents answer! Wish they'd be more consistent in their replies!

sophiesu

May 15, 2014
vivo said:
Thank you iceberg for the information. Your CAQ was actually issued bang on 20 working days after receipt, i.e 12th April, taking into account the two public holidays over Easter.

My application was received on the 21st of March, today is day 20 working days and I'm yet to hear from them. I call the immigration office and was told by a guy that they were still only dealing with applications received during the first week of March (obviously untrue from your experience) and that it could take another week or two for an answer. I called again immediately and this time the agent told me I should get an answer today, but if I hadn't heard anything by Friday (22 working days) I should call back and a message will be sent to the relevant department. For some reason I prefer the second agents answer! Wish they'd be more consistent in their replies!
Hi vivo, did you receive the confirmation for the receipt for your documents? Thank you so much!
I'm having the same problem with CAQ, I sent in mine on 29th March, and haven't heard from them since then

sophiesu

May 15, 2014
Mikka99 said:
Thank you, Iceage for sharing your experience! They received my documents in March 24th and I am still waiting for any updates.
Hello Mikka99,

I'm having the same problem. I sent my document on March 29th, and my file haven't been updated since then.
Did you receive your confirmation for receipt of document/CAQ?

Thank you so much!

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Hi Sophiesu

I just received a message yesterday confirming receipt of my documents on 21st March but no decision on CAQ. So confirmation notice received on day 20. Let's see how long it will take CAQ notification. If you sent your documents on 29 March then count 20 working days from then and you should at least received confirmation of receipt of documents. Did you send by recorded delivery? If so can you find out from your post when the letter was delivered?

sophiesu

May 15, 2014
vivo said:
Hi Sophiesu

I just received a message yesterday confirming receipt of my documents on 21st March but no decision on CAQ. So confirmation notice received on day 20. Let's see how long it will take CAQ notification. If you sent your documents on 29 March then count 20 working days from then and you should at least received confirmation of receipt of documents. Did you send by recorded delivery? If so can you find out from your post when the letter was delivered?
Hi Mikka

Thanks for you reply. Yes I used Canada post, and it showed the mail was delivered on March 29th. Since there's no update on my file, I'm really worried...not sure if Canada post has delivered my document to a wrong address...

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
It is worrying that they don't update receipt of documents immediately. However, if Canada post has confirmed mail delivery on 29th March then I think you can safely assume documents are there. This means you will either receive update by 26th April. I've been told by the International student office at Concordia that final decisions are taking more like 25 days instead of 20 days, so after update then expect to receive final decision within another 5 working days.

tjax

Dec 18, 2013
vivo said:
It is worrying that they don't update receipt of documents immediately. However, if Canada post has confirmed mail delivery on 29th March then I think you can safely assume documents are there. This means you will either receive update by 26th April. I've been told by the International student office at Concordia that final decisions are taking more like 25 days instead of 20 days, so after update then expect to receive final decision within another 5 working days.
Hello,
My documents reached by 31st of March. However, they haven't updated the same on the website. Should I be expecting result in this week? Also, are there any chances of CAQ rejections? I have admit from Concordia for Masters.