+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Applications Estimated at 24 Months?

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
We applied in (inland) October 2022, CSQ was obtained in February 2023, medical, biometrics, eligibility and background were all completed by March 2023, Approved-In-Principle in July 2023 and Sponsor Approval last week (August 2023).
Do you have any updates? where is your VO?

Somaru-chan

Jan 20, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Do you have any update for your application?
Nope, we requested GCMS notes and the officer said our application steps appear completed but it has been dormant for some time. Still waiting on the actual GCMS notes to be received tho.

Marie Fogarty

Apr 23, 2023
Hello, I am a canadian woman and my boyfriend is Ugandan. He is currently living with me in Magog, Quebec on a visitor visa. We want to get married and then apply for spouse sponsorship. I don't know much about that process. Can anyone enlighten me on the process, delays and etc?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Olegikom

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Everything you learn there is only a small part of a long and not fast journey. The main thing is to be very careful with the signatures of applications and documents. On average, it takes (if you do not need to translate documents) into any of 2 Canadian languages (about 3 months) for a thorough checking each sheet.

Marie Fogarty

Apr 23, 2023
Everything you learn there is only a small part of a long and not fast journey. The main thing is to be very careful with the signatures of applications and documents. On average, it takes (if you do not need to translate documents) into any of 2 Canadian languages (about 3 months) for a thorough checking each sheet.
Yes on their website its very generic. I know I have been through a visitor visa application for a Ugandan. we were blessed to get it withing 6 months when processing times says 400days+

i am just curious to be here an hear real processes and timeline for people going through it

on their website, inland spouse sponsorship is estimated at 26months.

I truly hope its not

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm sure mine will reach that point if nothing is being done. In my opinion, Those students might be causing most issues with everything.
Quebec government's response to idea of a student cap (very negative) if anything attests the opposite, that they don't see students as part of the types of immigration they wish to limit.

And either way - don't look to other types of immigrant classes for someone to blame, blame the quebec government.

Olegikom

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Quebec government's response to idea of a student cap (very negative) if anything attests the opposite, that they don't see students as part of the types of immigration they wish to limit.

And either way - don't look to other types of immigrant classes for someone to blame, blame the quebec government.
Your view on students will certainly give the government a lot of trouble because of their ignorant attitude not only towards students, but also in the general approach to immigration. There is a lot of justification in principle about Quebec's approach to immigration, but this has been going on for many years and only the current government stepped on the head of the federal one. We, who are waiting for a positive decision, need to be optimistic and nothing more. Journalists had access to the number of possible applicants this year and
concluded that those who filed in June and July have a good chance of getting a positive decision from Quebec.